Looking for carry method.

This is a discussion on Looking for carry method. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I have been pondering this for a long time now and cannot come up with an answer. I work at a place where ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for carry method.

Looking for carry method.

Hey guys,

I have been pondering this for a long time now and cannot come up with an answer. I work at a place where I cannot take my pistol with my me to work, so I leave it locked in a safe in my car. The issue with this is, I wear slacks and a tucked in dress shirt to work, and am looking for a way to conceal my weapon on my person when I go to lunch or have to run errands on my way home from work.

Pocket carry is kinda bulky in slacks and my pockets are usually too full. I don't wish to ankle carry. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I have a kel-tec p3at.

Thanks,

2. Remove Ads

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Look-up and consider a smartcarry....that seems like the best option, but that's just me.

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Tuckable IWB such as the CrossBreed Supertuck
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I totally recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. I just dressed up for the first time with mine last weekend and it disappeared. It actually concealed better with my dress clothes than my casual clothes.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

CrossBreed. If you are not fully satisfied you can return it within 2 weeks for a full refund. Nothing to lose.

CrossBreed Holsters, Innovative holsters for concealed carry-1911-Glock-HK-Sig-Taurus-Kimber-Springfield-Colt-XD
    Last edited by DaRedneck; April 22nd, 2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Supertuck
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention. I already own a super tuck (yes, it is awesome), but it is not as quick to put on and take off as I would like. I have to unbutton my pants and belt to put it on, and take it off. Keeping it on all day is not an option.

Any other ideas? I heard smartcarry, but I am uncomfortable having a gun near my "gun" if you know what I mean. :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlock View Post
    Sorry guys, I forgot to mention. I already own a super tuck (yes, it is awesome), but it is not as quick to put on and take off as I would like. I have to unbutton my pants and belt to put it on, and take it off. Keeping it on all day is not an option.
    Any other ideas? I heard smartcarry, but I am uncomfortable having a gun near my "gun" if you know what I mean. :)
    Just wondering why wearing an empty holster isn't an option during the day?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

There are pro an cons to all methods of carry. I have the supertuck, smart carry, as well as Concealment shirt, and Deep conceal.
    All serve for different uses, Suits, casual, etc.
    I am sold on the Smart Carry in every type of dress, my Para Carry 9, and spare magazine in this method is the Most comfortable of all.

Yes you must practice the method of draw, however, unless you are in an "Wild West Draw" situation, availability of the weapon for use is quite easy.

As for concern of it being near your ___, it is not more dangerous for an AD then in any other method of carry.

Proper carry and manipulation of your firearm should not be dangerous to you in any situation, "Only the BG"

Just my 2 cents
    Never leave home alone

Hmm, I might have to take a closer look at the SmartCarry then. It sounds so uncomfortable but maybe it's not as bad as I think.

As for not wearing an empty holster all day, I don't want even the remote possibility of someone seeing it and freaking out. In my line of work, I can't always take measures to guarantee that my shirt won't become untucked or ride up.

I also have a full size XD. Would a bigger gun make more sense in a smart carry? It sounds like a tiny gun like the p3at would be hard to get to. I wouldn't mind carrying my XD if would be more practical.

I’d invest in a Kel-Tek P3AT pocket pistol and a Nemesis holster. I know you said no pocket carry but it really works, well for me, and you can always just carry your keys in the weak side pocket.

Well you have dismissed pocket and ankle carry, so that pretty much leaves only a tucked holster or smart carry. I don't used tucked, but IF I did my choice would be the MINI-TUCK by Crossbreed for your Keltec P3AT. My wife uses one for her gun and is happy with it.

Smart Carry all the way. The P3AT will disappear in that thing! Also, as long as your safe and proficient and drawing and re holstering, having your gun near your "gun" won't be a problem. Good Luck man, let us know what you decide!
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

In my humble opinion I would go with the pocket carry. When I pocket carry my LWS .32 in a pocket holster (Reno) by Ron Graham it is not bulky at all. I think you would have to have X-Ray vision to even know it's there.

I wear an empty Tucker Answer when I'm in the same situation as you. A bonus is that it gets folks used to seeing one or more clips on your belt.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links