Saw the coolest thing the other day!

This is a discussion on Saw the coolest thing the other day! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Something similar happen to me last fall. I was riding my Harley through a small central Florida town, stopped at a traffic light when a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw the coolest thing the other day!

Something similar happen to me last fall.

I was riding my Harley through a small central Florida town, stopped at a traffic light when a state trooper pulls up next to me. As I happen to look his direction, he point at me and then point down, I look and sure enough the light windbreaker coat I had own had risen up and exposed the G26, on my hip.

I said thanks, and pulled my jacket down, and about that time the light turned green and off I went.

No big deal, carry a pistol long enough and it’s going to happen.

2. Remove Ads

Open carry is legal in Tennessee, so we in the defensive carry community really shouldn't bat an eye when we see someone actually doing it, no matter if they're on a motorcycle or walking in the park. Some of you sound like members of the population at large who freak at the sight of a gun in public.

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Open carry is legal in Tennessee, so we in the defensive carry community really shouldn't bat an eye when we see someone actually doing it, no matter if they're on a motorcycle or walking in the park. Some of you sound like members of the population at large who freak at the sight of a gun in public.

Never said I freaked out. I just stating that I was very impressed on how everone handled it. Even though OC is legal here, it's one of those things you just don't do. There are a lot of ignorant or uninformed people out there, and it just isn't worth the hassle. Just like it's not illegal to shoot a deer with spots, but it's one of those things you just don't do.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I was in Subway the other day and noticed a guy walking to a table with his lunch. He was wearing slacks, button down shirt and a vest made out of that wind shirt type of material (like golfers usually wear). His vest had ridden up over the pistol grip of his Glock. He walked by me and I casually said "hey your vest is caught on something". He was stunned for half a second and then it dawned on him what I was talking about. He pulled the vest back down over his holster, said thanks and walked off.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links