Saw the coolest thing the other day!

This is a discussion on Saw the coolest thing the other day! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day, I'm driving home from work on an extremely busy and congested highway through town. Up ahead of me is a crotch rocket, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw the coolest thing the other day!

The other day, I'm driving home from work on an extremely busy and congested highway through town. Up ahead of me is a crotch rocket, about 2 or 3 vehicles in front. Something just looked a little out of place, so I kept looking the rider over. Low and behold, his shirt has riden up over his holstered handgun. First thought in my mind, "Which one of these other buttheads is going to call the cops?"
    I proceded to continue on the same stretch of road another 10 miles, with the motorcycle ahead of me the entire way. There must have been at least 4 or 5 local police and/or sheriff's patrol along the way, still no incedent. The rider finally pulled off into a residential area, and I continued home. I am happy to see that, at least on that day, that there are people that mind their own business, and don't freak out.

Cool

Could have been undercover.

That's awesome. Good that he didnt get pulled over for it.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Yea. Could have been undercover. Could be a permit holder. Anytime i see someone with a gun out in public i always assume these things. As long as he's not shooting at me its all good!

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Yea. Could have been undercover. Could be a permit holder. Anytime i see someone with a gun out in public i always assume these things. As long as he's not shooting at me its all good!

I'm going to out on a limb an say that he was obviously a permit holder. You gotta think, who in their right mind would put themselves in a situation like that if they weren't? Any idiot has got to know that if some busy-body decided to call the cops, he's in deep doo-doo.

I saw a guy in the mall a few months ago carrying a rev. in a sob holster with his shirt tucked in. He was just walking, holding hands with his girlfriend. He didnt look like he was going to rob anybody so i just wrote it off as a permit holder. Its funny. It was right there in plain sight and no one really seemed to notice.

Nice! I commend you for your SA. The guy was probably a permit holder or an off-duty LEO, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Nice! I commend you for your SA. The guy was probably a permit holder or an off-duty LEO, IMO.
    SA? Pardon me for my ignorance. Self (Situational) Awareness?

VIP Member
    SA= Situational Awareness

It wouldn't surprise me if the people just didn't notice it. I was in a gas station, and noticed a guy walk in with a .454 Raging Bull. There were three other people in the gas station including the the attendant and nobody seemed to notice the pistol hanging in clear view.

I think that sometimes people are completely blind.
    Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed. -Winston Churchill-

Something i always have to beware of as well while on the Hayabusa Its hard to notice while your riding a rocket because your hunched down & your riding jacket is kinda short anyway
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Makes me think of a T-shirt I once saw. The caption read "Honk if you've never seen a .45 fired from a Harley".

I saw an open carrier up here in Milan at the wally world. I don't think he was an LEO, he didn't give off that type of vibe but I could be wrong. He just looked fairly clean-cut, had on jeans and a nice polo shirt tucked in, and a full sized handgun OWB at 4:00 with a cell phone in a holder just in front of it.

I thought I was the only one who noticed, but as I left, I passed four police cruisers racing in the direction of that walmart. No lights on or anything, hopefully it was nothing...

For an open carry legal state, you sure don't see OC a lot out here!
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Most people who have a permit will carry in a holster. It shows that they have taken the time to get accustomed to carrying concealed. A non-permit holder will carry tucked into the front of their pants or in the small of their backs. Just my observation. Unless the gun was stolen WITH the holster then that might be the exception.
    I sold my Yamaha R6 before I started carrying, but I would make sure that if there was a possibility of my gun getting exposed I would conceal it differently. YMMV

Don't assume because he had a firearm that it was worn legally. I wouldn't call the cops either, but there is no way to know whether he was a LEO, a CWP holder, a nut job or a felon. Assumptions get people killed don't let it be you.
    Amen to SA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links