And Why Not Indeed? - Page 2

And Why Not Indeed?

This is a discussion on And Why Not Indeed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth With sharp wit and unexpected wisdom, college student Ben Shapiro reveals the truth about how American universities push their ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And Why Not Indeed?

Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth

With sharp wit and unexpected wisdom, college student Ben Shapiro reveals the truth about how American universities push their liberal views and agendas on today's students.
    $22.99 Available from http://www.wnd.com (shopnet section)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

the sad thing it is not just the schools .. Its the parents... I know alot of parents now get upset if anyone tells them that there little Johnny or Jenny is getting bad grades... They actually blame it on the Teachers or the system . not that there kid is stupid.... My Sister in law is the perfect example of this. She lets her 17 y.o daughter believe she will get to be a doctor, even though she is carrying a D average in HS & shows no interest in medicine ( IE , working as a volunteer in the med field) . My Sis in law says that she doesnt want to hurt her childs self esteem... she has been doing this all there lives so when i told them at dinner once that they wouldnt get to go to Harvard. like one of them claimed ( he has a d average also ) that i was accused of causing him to have a breakdown that kept him out of school for a week he was so depressed . No i am not kidding.

& my family wonders why my plan is to get out of the system , move up into the hills in Idaho off the Grid...

The fall of civilzation is close.! Be prepared.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    That's exactly what I thought and why I am against some dumb schmuck walking around with a loaded pistol in his pants there is no attempt here at reason or just giving the guy what he wants so he'll go away. Just automatic kill kill kill.
    Just laugh, guys. If he doesn't want to protect himelf, THAT'S FINE! IT REALLY IS! IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM! ... and if it happens to him, all of mankind will actually reap a benefit in having someone with thought and instinctual processes this inadequate out of the general gene pool.

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Perhaps he sees himself in the role of the shootee in the situation he described.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Didn't this idiot say that you were about to be confronted by, "someone wanting to kill you with a metal pipe"? So, what is there to talk about with this person? I suppose they would prefer you should beg for your life instead of defend yourself. This person sounds like a relative of mine I am sorry to say.

Poor and starving by the way is no excuse to try and kill me or anyone else. There is plenty of help out there for poor and starving people. I don't think it is a legal defense for murder in any state.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Which College (or University?)
    I currently attend the University of Phoenix, and most instructors are quite conservative. One of my female instructors talked openly of CCW. But I think that is unique to UOP.

I will agree that most institutions of higher learning (indoctrination) are dangerously liberal. Prof. Ward Churchill is not far from here.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

15 feet away and wants to kill me? It's ok with the idealist that I lay dead in an alley because the guy might be homeless or hungry, but it's not OK with him that I defend myself...I have one word for him....Baaaaaaa!

Sorry...but I don't think anyone carrying in that situation would just roll over and not play dead, but be dead

Classic case of bubble people. People that have never had to leave their gated community and walk with the rest of us. Won't use the word liberal as tempting as it may be because i do respect a few classic liberals. The further away from reality the dumber you get. though I'd have to agree with most on colleges they are magnets for Bubble people. I should post some stories about run ins with administration. BTW sheep never petitioned the shepherd to remove the sheepdogs teeth.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    Was he FRENCH
    he does have a doctorate in canadian history.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

It was a she...

Closed membership of about 53 people...

You've never heard of the school... not a terribly liberal bend as most of us were hard science/math/criminal justice majors... the education and fine arts and liberal arts departments are so liberal Hillary would approve...

What's sad is we have a municipal police officer, Army, and Border Patrol reps and I'm considered the gun nut...

Some questions answered.

Euc........I think the Troll you have in your Forum has either been playing too many video games, or has been smokin too much whacky weed... or BOTH...
    i think it might be that time to see him/her banned..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Nah, that part of the site is considered to be a troll pit anyway. It was the condition of having it... to be fair they take great offense to some of the things I say and most of the people there are pretty moderate and I do get some "Well he makes more sense than you do, maybe we should be listening to his side" type comments.

The administrator agrees with the things I say.

Euc,

The best you can do is be an ambassador for the cause by communicating reasoned and rational arguments as to why you carry and why you avoid trouble and why you cannot control the outcome by giving up a wallet etc. ...

In my humble opinion, your actions would not change, but ... you are planting a seed that hopefully will germinate in the mind of someone in the future. You never know, that person may become a 2A strong person who will communicate to others.

It is not about winning the current argument, it is about planting seeds in teh minds of people who are and will be forming opinions about 2A and self defense.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner
    Euc,

The best you can do is be an ambassador for the cause by communicating reasoned and rational arguments as to why you carry and why you avoid trouble and why you cannot control the outcome by giving up a wallet etc. ...

In my humble opinion, your actions would not change, but ... you are planting a seed that hopefully will germinate in the mind of someone in the future. You never know, that person may become a 2A strong person who will communicate to others.

It is not about winning the current argument, it is about planting seeds in teh minds of people who are and will be forming opinions about 2A and self defense.
    ========================================

1++++++

Yeah what he said.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links