Would anyone lend a gun?

Would anyone lend a gun?

This is a discussion on Would anyone lend a gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my nieghbor is a retired prison warden and wants to take his ccw class, and he asked me if he could borrow a revolver ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone lend a gun?

Would anyone lend a gun?

So my nieghbor is a retired prison warden and wants to take his ccw class, and he asked me if he could borrow a revolver from me to take the test because he can no longer pull back the slide of his old .45. I have known him for years and he is trust worthy but i dont know the laws about lending a firearm. I know he is old school and thats why he asked but for me its a shaky question because i have never lent a firearm. Thanks for your oppinions.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Ben Franklin

Sure, as long as you know him and trust him. You may want to have a witness or two. LOL If he wants a CCW he is on our side. Give him all the help he needs. Might even be able to work out a sweet deal on his 45.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Sure, I have and will continue to doing so for my friends.

JD
    Administrator
    Yep, as a matter of fact I offered to let a co-worker borrow something for his CCW class if his Kahr doesn't get here in time.

Know your laws, and know who're you're lending to.

Collateral also helps.

All I can say is I borrowed a .22 from my brother to get my CCL
    so I know how he feels.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Administrator
    If you trust him, there is nothing wrong with lending a gun for the class.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Tell him to look at the beretta model 86 for a carry gun. It ia a 380 with a tip up barrel. It may be a girl gun but it will solve his probelm.

I get nervous about this stuff, what if something happens? Where does the blame get pointed. I understand old school and friends, but if he is going to carry why don't you push him to purchase his daily carry weapon, before the class? If he is going to use the 45 for daily carry why not use it for the class?

Sure, no problem.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    It really depends on how well you know the person. I have lent guns before but only to people I know really really well.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    me thinks it is a good time for a trade!!! After all, he will need something to carry when he gets his permit?

If i live where it was possible to do I would. Here NY you can not handle a gun without first having permit.

If you are worried about liabilty sell him the gun for $1.00 and buy it back after said date for the same $1.00.

I'm fine with letting one of my kids spend the night, but I'd better know you REALLY well first. Haven't done it yet, but haven't been asked or in a situation that would warrant it. If you know him well, no biggie.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    If you're not 100% comfortable with it, I believe some or most (or maybe all?) Class instructors have "loaners." Ours did, as well as several in the area I called when I was looking for a CCW class. If he can get a loaner from his instructors, you're off the hook.

Mighty short list of people I'd lend a gun to. Same with tools, had too many never come back, or come back broken.

Had a buddy borrow my truck last year, got into an accident, other drivers insurance said it wasn't thier insured's fault, my insurance said it was. My insurance paid minus the deducatable, and it's gone to arbitration. If my company wins, I'll get my deductable back, if not I go to my buddy and ask for the $500. I think he'll make good on it, but still a major hasstle, and until it's settled I'm out the $500.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links