cali gave me one

This is a discussion on cali gave me one within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 RSSZ I don't understand the whole "I can't tell which county I'm in" issue. I would think, as many others will suggest, that the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cali gave me one

+1 RSSZ

I don't understand the whole "I can't tell which county I'm in" issue. I would think, as many others will suggest, that the more people you have in the county who CCW responsibly would certainly help bolster the cause.

Regardless, congo-rats on your permit.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

2. Remove Ads

I would guess it to be Orange County if it's a town full of cons with a pro gun sheriff.

I know why he will not.... he is a firemen in that county and most likely a friend of the sheriffs.

There are a few counties in CA that are pretty much shall issue. I live in OC and have recieved preliminary approval pending DOJ and FBI background checks. As I have never been in major trouble I expect to receive my CCW shortly.

CG

CCW in CA...

I was a whistleblower in a multi-million dollor criminal/civil case and even with death threats and late evening knocks at my door the San Diego PD laughed at me when I even mentioned getting a CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by JAXFL
    I know why he will not.... he is a firemen in that county and most likely a friend of the sheriffs.
    i work for a private company and before 3 days ago i had never spoke to or met the sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    OK, I wont ask you to name your county. I do, although,think it's kinda strange(??) that you wont."Put my(your) county in danger of loosing it's permit issues", HUH?? How 'bout helping the other potential CC people in your state/county.The more people that have their permits,the harder it will be for those people to lose their rights.
    This IS what you want,right? Something is wrong here !! --------
    To legaly have a permit granted you must live in that county. I feel that all the people who live here and desire a ccw have one. As for those who would try to make a fake residents that is unlawfull so you dont need to have a ccw that would make you a crook with a gun and we dont need anymore of those

wishicould,

Sounds to me like you need to change your screen name to "nowican."

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Hmmmm,

I have lived in Cali, In a very pro gun area... & in my 7 years of living there. I never heard of this.. IE

Day 1 - apply for ccp.

Day 2- Get called into meet with Sherriff...

Day 3 , Pick up CCP.

Something seems really strange as that seems real quick to get all the required checks completed , including Fingerprint & all.

If someone thinks I am wrong & believes that in Cali it can happen this fast let me knoe, But I owned a very well known Gallery that dealed in original art that would have me depositing large sums of cash on a regular basis , I knew the Sherriff, & It stll took me about 1 month to get my CCP in Northern Cali.

He also claims to work for a private company & doesnt know the Sheriff yet his profile says he is a fireman,,,

putting 2 + 2 together..

Something sounds fishhy,

I could be wrong, Have been before, but he wont even let us know what county so it can be checked out....

JUst my opinion.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Congrats on getting a CCW in CA wishicould -

My understanding is that the more rural counties are more apt to issue a ccw than the more urban ones.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

1952 - 2006
    If wishicould doesn't want to name his county ok. Let's leave him with his anonymity. I think the debate on that issue has been completed.

I lived most of my life in California and I know that in some counties, particularly northern California, such as Yuba County, you can get a CCW without a great deal of difficulty.

I also agree with some that 3 days between application and issuance seems a bit fishy, but stranger things have happened.

Congrats on getting your permit wishicould.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg
    Hmmmm,

I have lived in Cali, In a very pro gun area... & in my 7 years of living there. I never heard of this.. IE

Day 1 - apply for ccp.

Day 2- Get called into meet with Sherriff...

Day 3 , Pick up CCP.

Something seems really strange as that seems real quick to get all the required checks completed , including Fingerprint & all.

If someone thinks I am wrong & believes that in Cali it can happen this fast let me knoe, But I owned a very well known Gallery that dealed in original art that would have me depositing large sums of cash on a regular basis , I knew the Sherriff, & It stll took me about 1 month to get my CCP in Northern Cali.

He also claims to work for a private company & doesnt know the Sheriff yet his profile says he is a fireman,,,

putting 2 + 2 together..

Something sounds fishhy,

I could be wrong, Have been before, but he wont even let us know what county so it can be checked out....

JUst my opinion.
    i work for a private company that has a contract with the forest service i dont know where you live but here and in oregon there are a lot of contract fire crews as far as the permit goes
    day 1 apply
    day 2 meet with sheriff and get fed print check back
    day three and four..... wait for cali print results
    the sheriff has agreed to give me the permit but we still have to wait for the cali print check so whats so fishy i never said i have it. what i said was that the sheriff said ok. i will get it when the prints return

thank you to all those who accept things for what they are and do not suspect something "fishy" is going on

This is how its done and what I went through here in Butte co. Calif.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7075

Quote Originally Posted by wishicould
    then he stands up shakes my hand and says "my secratary needs to finish the paperwork she will give you a call tomarrow to come pick up your permit." i think wow did that just happen but im not a rich person. so there is hope for cali amen

Big difference between what you said originally & what story you are telling now.

Whatever .... Congrats to ya....
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links