Transporting in an RV across multiple states - Page 2

Transporting in an RV across multiple states

This is a discussion on Transporting in an RV across multiple states within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; we also live fulltime in an rv. We own several weapons that are for instance, illegal in Ca. Can we drive through Ca. with these ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting in an RV across multiple states

we also live fulltime in an rv. We own several weapons that are for instance, illegal in Ca. Can we drive through Ca. with these on board? Could we stop for the night? I don't feel the question has been answered.

Senior Moderator
    we also live fulltime in an rv. We own several weapons that are for instance, illegal in Ca. Can we drive through Ca. with these on board? Could we stop for the night? I don't feel the question has been answered.
    Welcome, qwert! You might get more direct responses if you started a new thread.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Thank you all for your replies and suggested web sites. All have been most appreciated and have definitely helped narrow down where to find the information I’ve been seeking. My husband and I are both licensed and legal to carry in WA and wish to keep it that way by avoiding as best we can any problems in the states we’ll be traveling to. Thank you again to everyone!

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by drkangl6 View Post
    ... technically, even in the safe, the guns aren’t inaccessible as they would be in a car trunk....
    You've hit on the key point here, and your supposition is incorrect. It's not a question of whether you could, given enough time, gain access to the guns, it's whether you could do so "readily". It's ok to be "carrying" the guns, and to have them in your "possession", as long as they are not "on or about your person", that they be unloaded and secured.

If you plan on going from one place where it's legal for you to be in possession, to another place where it's legal for you to be in possession, then you may pass through any intervening state or municipality, regardless of their laws to the contrary, as long as you don't make stops that are not merely incidental to the trip. I.e., you can sleep over in a motel, stop for meals and to use the "welcome center", but you can't go to the amusement park for the day or tour the museums.

Get you a copy of that blue paperback book that outlines the laws of all the states. And if you can avoid it, don't go through the pro-crime states where self-defense is illegal, such as Maryland, New Jersey, and Massachusetts at all.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwink View Post
    concealed is concealed. if you break a little law, no one know. you ggot your permit for one reason or another. the laws won't help you "after". drive the speed limit and you will be fine. cops only look to you if you are doing wrong. keep your irons on your hip. that's where they are meant to be.
    Until the officer asks you to step out of your vehicle to come look at the burned out turn signal or brake light with him. Steel bracelets are not the most comfortable fashion accessory out there.

I always kept one in the bedroom. Never needed it and was never questioned about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links