thugs over the weekend

This is a discussion on thugs over the weekend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I suspect that disparity of force is about the same in most states. That does not require more than one on one. Instead it takes ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thugs over the weekend

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I suspect that disparity of force is about the same in most states. That does not require more than one on one. Instead it takes into account the physical abilities of the parties involved.

For example a woman is not the equal of a large man, and could use deadly force if she fears for her life or great bodily harm.

The same would be true for one who was handicapped either by age and health or some physical problem. I know a man who is 76, has had bypass surgery and at this time has additional clogged arteries which prevent strenuous activity. If attacked and forced to fight he would suffer a heart attack in a short time. That man could use deadly force against almost anyone who attacked him, as a 10 year old could cause him to continue activity that would bring on a heart attack.

In the case of the OP I am almost certain that disparity of force would apply. He did not have to use it, and that is great.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Remove Ads

Regarding Disparity of force and Knife. I was far enough away from the guys to be safe from any knives. Because knives can't be thrown as fast as a bullet and if those guys approached me with any knife they would run away from my Gun because like the saying goes "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."
    Last edited by mnconceal; April 27th, 2009 at 01:57 AM.

I'm glad you made it through unscathed. There is no doubt in my mind that fists can be deadly weapons - even a single blow:

Man pleads guilty in Seattle traffic circle death | Local News | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | KING5.com

VIP Member
    Mnconceal friend, you are probably a great good guy and all, but some of what you are writing concerns me for you.

Besides what I mentioned in the previous post, you now are writing about folks as follow: "she had a very obvious and evil look that was disgusted towards me"

And, " but I have had 1 deadly threat in 2005 from an Oromo guy"

I don't know what an Oromo guy is, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you sound like you think others are causing trouble for you.

I obviously don't know you, but from what you are writing I think maybe you should put that gun in a safe.

Since you wrote, "what you read about me so far is only half of what I have in memory," I'm thinking you sure have had more than your fair share of troubles.

Hope you are O.K. and that I'm worrying about you needlessly.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Mnconceal friend, you are probably a great good guy and all, but some of what you are writing concerns me for you.

Besides what I mentioned in the previous post, you now are writing about folks as follow: "she had a very obvious and evil look that was disgusted towards me"

And, " but I have had 1 deadly threat in 2005 from an Oromo guy"

I don't know what an Oromo guy is, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you sound like you think others are causing trouble for you.

I obviously don't know you, but from what you are writing I think maybe you should put that gun in a safe.

Since you wrote, "what you read about me so far is only half of what I have in memory," I'm thinking you sure have had more than your fair share of troubles.

Hope you are O.K. and that I'm worrying about you needlessly.
    I am getting the same vib as you. Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

After reading the entire thread, I am not sure what to say about this.

I have often run across people on this forum and others who sound similar to mrconceal and they always leave me puzzled and thinking that they may not be the best candidate for a permit to carry.

Taken singly, the incident in the original post of this thread shows someone who was prepared and had to show his weapon to difuse a situation that could have gone very bad for him.

Then, reading what others have said he posted and seeing him confirm it, it does sound as if he is the type that almost looks for trouble or finds it where there in reality was non to begin with.

mrconceal, I do not know you so I am not going to comment on you personally. But I will tell you, if you conduct yourself in such a manner that it attracts trouble makers, then you may want to consider modifying your behavior as attracting trouble is not a good idea when you are armed. Trust me, I found this out the hard way not long ago and I am still kicking myself for it and the actions it required me to take.

Low key brother, low key. Remember that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I will read posts and post less so I don't argue with my fellow forum people
    Last edited by mnconceal; April 27th, 2009 at 01:58 AM.

Great application of SA. I'm glad you're safe, thanks to your right to bear arms.

Just so you know, there will be some changes coming downtown Mpls this summer, which will make it cleaner and safer. Things will get better, especially on Hennepin Ave., trust me...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

TN Mike,

Thanks for the info. But I am a people person and don't take things personally. Believe it or not, it may sound like I am attracting trouble, but it may be your perception from the way I word things and that it is not actually what I am. It could be my english skills are not as good as others and I word things in a way to sound like I am a trouble maker but in reality I am a peaceful person but from now on I will just keep my mouth shut and won't start up any new posts and just read posts on here. I stay safe, I don't believe in such a thing as revenge and I never raise my voice at someone even if they have discriminated against me similar to the gun store. I just file a complaint with whoever I can. I am the complainer type. If someone punches me I won't punch them back. My religion teaches similar to teachings of Jesus in that Jesus said "turn the cheek".

Btw, there were other people who were aware of the Oromo guy and I had to file a police report because when I was inside my friends house, he asked me "Let's take out the garbage." I think the police may have charged him with Terroristic threats because there were witnesses when he gave me a direct death threat word for word they heard it and I never returned to that house and moved to a different part of town.

Picture it this way, I don't want to get into trouble with the law and most of my life is busy thank god. I go to school and work so there is little time to be walking around the streets.

I am getting tired of this typing, if you guys want to talk to me about this more email me at osman@officer.com

JNC
    Hey mnconceal...
    glad you are safe n sound.

How do you carry while running? It's something that I've been wondering. I run often and often the only time I have is later in the evening/dark out.

Do you use a fanny pack of some sort? Thanks.

Jake

I carry a concealed Kel-Tek P3AT. It is lightweight and some say online that the caliber isn't enough for self defense. I wear the long sweat pants and a pocket holster so that it sticks in the pocket and doesn't fall while running

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Good thing you werent in NC. North Carolina does not consider "strong hands" a deadly weapon. Someone could be beating your brains out and unless they have presented a weapon you cannot use deadly force against them. Stupid I know.

Stay safe
    Surely disparity of force (multiple attackers) makes it justifiable?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I really would have liked to read the post that inspired all of the replies. Mrconceal, if you don't want to get a large number of emails about replies to your post, them you should end the subscription rather than just editing your post and erasing your post. After all, you can still just log on and read any responses, or just skip your post.

Is an Oromo person someone from a different clan ? Do you have troubles with them or something ? I recognize your name Osman from a book that I read, by Ms. Aayan Hirsi Ali, she was an Osman I believe, she changed her name.
    I think that a good bit of the difficulty that you are having is with the language, not the words but the usage, book English and the English that we use in everyday conversation is quite different. Also your culture is very different than ours,it's a shame based honor culture,here we don't get insulted so easily,maybe you see insults where none are meant ,and perhaps also you insult not meaning to. I can imagine that it's quite difficult. You're working, going to school ,and staying out of trouble, keep doing what you're doing. Maybe your school might offer some kind of programs to help you assimilate to the culture easier. Minneapolis/st.Paul is a nice area. I have family there, if I go this summer to visit I'll look you up,we can go shoot.

Oromo are close to Somali's I knew this without doing research because every other Oromo person can speak my language and they are 90% muslim where as we are like 100% muslim even though there are folks who don't follow the religion like it's suppose to. Most Somali's can't speak Oromo which means we probably moved away from the same area where we once resided and that made us forget their language. Somali's are mixed with Oromo, Ethiopian, people from India (since it's across the sea) and some arab people. Half of all Somali's are born with natural silky soft hair and a section of people who say they are Somali but are as light as Iraqi's and have soft hair live in a part of Somalia and their women are beautiful. Oromo people have words in their regular Oromo language which are exactly similar to Somali meaning and spelling however Oromo is not written in ABC's like somali is but some weird looking writing similar to Ethiopian writing. Ethiopian language has no word that is same or even close to Somali language which hints that Somali's are more close to Oromo than Ethiopian.

I know Ayan Hirsi well and I like her because she speaks the truth about oppression of women and violence and genital mutilation of women to insure they don't have sex until they are married. I think mutiliation is wrong. Ayan Hirsi has received threats as she is well guarded which is good. We need Somali women to speak out because you saw what the Taliban did to their women, they abused them and it was in the news some set themselves on fire to commit suicide which is sad. When I went on a website similar to Amnesty International I saw a Taliban man running in circle's beating his wife with an object in front of her own girl friends which is embarassing and sad and nothing can make me do that to my wife. It is said in Islamic books women are like pearls and God created them equally. Women are also mistreated in Iran where they are executed for merely getting raped when in reality Islamic law says to only execute a woman or a man who has been previously married and who has sex without marriage. I am sure you heard in the news the teenager was executed for being raped by her uncle. I think they waited until she turned 18. That is sad, I heard a similar case in December where in Somalia, these guys who twisted the religion Islam executed a poor girl who was on her way to see her mother which she hasn't seen for so long and it almost made me cry because these guys stoned her for being raped by someone and they accused her of illegal sexual intercourse.

By the way, the Oromo guy became a good man and I insulted him without thinking first and he gave me a threat without thinking so I take his hug of me forgiveness but there is a change that has come over him. He said he doesn't drink anymore and I don't hang out with him but I just saw him at a gas station a few months ago.

I also forgave the banker who gave me a bad look even though I was dressed right and just merely came into the bank to try and open an account but I guess she was having a bad day and didn't have anything against me since we are both Black but I am sure after my complaint she won't gave a bad look to members of the public. The banker apologized for offending me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links