thugs over the weekend - Page 4

thugs over the weekend

This is a discussion on thugs over the weekend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Captain Crunch If you could be wrong, then don't post. Don't guess or speculate. If this is Florida law, then say so. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    If you could be wrong, then don't post. Don't guess or speculate. If this is Florida law, then say so. Saying you could be wrong means you are unsure of the law. You must be sure.

It's your responsibility to know your State's laws.
    With all due respect Capt'n. (oh by the way Great Cereal)

Hey, imagine that, I could be wrong. Some other posters say it a bit different, "I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV". And guess what, I never stayed at a "Holiday Inn Express".
    So let me get this right. If I say it's true 100% right on the button. Then it is OK to post. And no one has to investigate any further. BUT if I prefix my post with something that means "Don't take my word for it look it up" because your actions may cause Death and or Jail time for you. I get the old Stink eye?
    The law is Not so straight forward, because everyone tries to bend it to their advantage.
    I remember some guy on the witness stand arguing about the meaning of the word "IS". Imagine that.

I believe this forum is to be a guide for us to help with the Great responsibility of Defensive Carry. Not an end all to the Law.
    So I will add, to the objections from my fingers . Florida Law (According to the book "FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq---(which is the Firearm Bible here in Florida, "A must have")) states that the use of deadly force can be used to stop a "Forcible Felony".

Now it gets tricky, I wont list all the "Forcible Felonies" But the one described by the OP could OR could not be a "Forcible Felony" now written as "FF". Was the one guy alone just going to punch him? = not a FF
    Were they going to beat him till he needed a hospital visit? = Yes a FF. just because one guy says he alone is going to fight, doesn't make it so. Were they going to rob him? = Yes a FF. Many more nuances I wont go into just now. (Anyone that has read this far Is real happy about that I bet)
    Also to quote the Author Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq Quote "When can you use Deadly Force? Hummmm, tough question. The answer? Well truthfully -- whenever your not prosecuted for it" Unquote.
    But Hey don't take my word for it, because you know what? I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    So the guy, just out of nowhere tells you "I want to fight you"? That seems pretty wierd to me.
    That doesn't sound like an initiation to me. Most have to be "jumped in" when they have fight several members at the same time.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

1943 - 2009
    But Hey don't take my word for it, because you know what? I could be wrong.
    Hey, don't be so sensitive. You missed the point of my post.

You said:

I could be wrong but here in Florida you have the right to defend yourself, if you believe you are in fear of great bodily harm or death.
    I was merely saying that you, being a Florida resident, must know if Florida law says you have the right to defend yourself if you believe you are in fear of great bodily harm or death. Saying "I could be wrong," implied that you were unsure that that's what Florida law says.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

being from parts of California in my life that has had myself in situations similar but of course not the same I don't find it so hard to believe that there could be this much trouble in one area.

I am physically different than most (albino) so whether I portray myself as one thing or another I tended to get bothered more than most; just as a good friend of mine does being a person with CP. I have been threatened out of the blue for no other reason than because I am different or maybe appear vulnerable I don't honestly know but at least in CA it happens almost every day where someone is killed or seriously injured in such incidents

Here in WA there have been several assaults on trials and the such so SA is a necessity; if I feel I am being followed I do look or alter course if I can. I now carry wherever I go not be cause I am paranoid, or looking for trouble nor do I feel trouble is looking for me but there have been enough times in my life I really wished I had that last option to defend myself and since I do have some physical disabilities that are non apparent I would be in real trouble if even two guys decided to pick a fight..

So to the OP stay safe but I do agree a new neighborhood may be in order :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mnconceal View Post
    TN Mike,

Thanks for the info. But I am a people person and don't take things personally. Believe it or not, it may sound like I am attracting trouble, but it may be your perception from the way I word things and that it is not actually what I am. It could be my english skills are not as good as others and I word things in a way to sound like I am a trouble maker but in reality I am a peaceful person but from now on I will just keep my mouth shut and won't start up any new posts and just read posts on here. I stay safe, I don't believe in such a thing as revenge and I never raise my voice at someone even if they have discriminated against me similar to the gun store. I just file a complaint with whoever I can. I am the complainer type. If someone punches me I won't punch them back. My religion teaches similar to teachings of Jesus in that Jesus said "turn the cheek".

Btw, there were other people who were aware of the Oromo guy and I had to file a police report because when I was inside my friends house, he asked me "Let's take out the garbage." I think the police may have charged him with Terroristic threats because there were witnesses when he gave me a direct death threat word for word they heard it and I never returned to that house and moved to a different part of town.

Picture it this way, I don't want to get into trouble with the law and most of my life is busy thank god. I go to school and work so there is little time to be walking around the streets.

I am getting tired of this typing, if you guys want to talk to me about this more email me at osman@officer.com
    Hey, guys.

Just figured I'd give you a quick FYI....this guy is completely full of hot air, and should not be given the time of day.

I thought something about his writing style looked familiar, but the email confirms it: he's a former member of the local forum, who was banned several times for posting outlandish and wildly unbelievable stories about needing to draw down on evil racist thugs who were seemingly stalking him at every turn. IIRC, he also created false S/Ns, which were then banned as well. One thread of his, which I found particularly entertaining, was titled something like "Carrying While Black", and was full of his woe-is-me, racist nonsense.

IMO, this gentleman is probably not someone that we want representing our online community.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links