thugs over the weekend

This is a discussion on thugs over the weekend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who didn't get to read because I edited due to the fact I couldn't figure a way to cancel my subscriptions. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: thugs over the weekend

thugs over the weekend

For those of you who didn't get to read because I edited due to the fact I couldn't figure a way to cancel my subscriptions. Here it is again summed up.

I was jogging down the trail and some african american men also came on the trail and I thought they were just taking a short cut since they were not wearing excersise clothing. But if I knew what their intention was I had enough time to run away with the last amount of energy I have since I was exhausted. The nearest exit off the trail was about 2 blocks away and these guys were already close to me. As I was jogging slowly I heard increased footsteps and I had a feeling one of them was sneaking up on me slowly and when I turned around he turned his head and walked slowly as if it's some scene out of a Warner Bros cartoon where a mouse is being stalked by a cat who pretends it's doing something else as soon as the mouse turns around.

Then I said to myself, you've got to be kidding me. I assessed the situation and visually checked out every guy to make sure they don't have a visible weapon or one hand in a pocket which is the universal sign a person may have a weapon. None of them appeared to have a weapon. There was no where to retreat and i was too exhausted to run from them because they were already too close and they could catch up with me if I ran so I turned my back and as I was walking backwards I told them "State your intentions" is there a problem and the one ahead of the others told me he wants to fight me and I told him I am too tired go pick on someone your own size but that just pissed him off and he told me if I don't fight him all of them will gang up on me. In my head I thought this man is getting initiated into a gang because gangs often tell someone to go fight someone else in order to enter the gang.
    I didn't carry more than 1 clip with me because I was jogging and had sweatpants which make the metal irritate me plus a guy who legally sold the gun to me before told me if I ever have to shoot more than 6 rounds I am in trouble.

I showed him a portion of my compact pistol from my pocket and told him I have a gun and then he turned back and ran the other way with the others and then a few minutes later I called the police and informed them some guys tried to jump me. I know the trail is guarded by cops with bikes but they are not there everytime.

1 month prior to this incident I was not armed and didn't own a gun because I sold my gun a year earlier since I had 2 jobs and was very busy and didn't go out much.

in 2002. I think God or an angel he sent was looking out for me when I was sitting on a bench and out of nowhere a guy comes behind me and pushes my head to the bench and presses a metal object or his knuckles which felt hard on my head while he had my had face down on the wood bench and checked my left pockets but didn't find anything.
    Something maybe a guardian angel stopped him from flipping me to the other side and checking my left pockets because an hour earlier I cashed my check from TJ Maxx and it was only 200 dollars and it was hard worked and well earned.

In October or November 2005 I got a great team card because I was a guard for warehouse and as I was walking towards the entrance reporting to duty my eyes happened to saw a wallet on the ground right under a car and normally the average person would look past it and would not notice it but I picked it up before someone else does and the other guard inside made me count it under the camera so that the owner doesn't accuse me of taking money that wasn't really in their. I counted 200 bucks and thought to myself, wow that worker is gonna be happy to find out we fond his wallet full of his hard earned dollars because I know exactly the kind of sweat that worker breaks while packing orders to be shipped out.

Maybe I safely get through dangerous situations because I don't steal and commit crimes and am honest by turning in lost items. Maybe there is good Karma that comes to me.
    Last edited by mnconceal; April 27th, 2009 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Don't want to keep getting emails of the subscribtion to this post.

2. Remove Ads

Good on you for being prepared!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Good thing that you were armed. I hate people like that .
    Just imagine if you'd have been a woman,or a sickly guy..or unarmed. Did you call the cops when you got a chance ?
    Were they Somalis or American ?

So the guy, just out of nowhere tells you "I want to fight you"? That seems pretty wierd to me.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

I sure hope reported this to the cops. If there are numb-skulls just hanging out in that park, the cops need to know about it.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Good thing you werent in NC. North Carolina does not consider "strong hands" a deadly weapon. Someone could be beating your brains out and unless they have presented a weapon you cannot use deadly force against them. Stupid I know.

Stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    So the guy, just out of nowhere tells you "I want to fight you"? That seems pretty wierd to me.
    Yep, sounds strange. . .but on the other hand, criminals seem to be missing rational logic that normal humans have. They didn't have good intentions sounds like. When something doesn't seem right or make sense, that is when the targeted victim is in big trouble. I hope I can recognize weirdness in play and react like the OP. Regardless of the before and after story, at least everyone walked away.

Glad you are OK...you could have been in a tough spot. Dirty rotten scumbags up to absolutely no good.
    That adrenaline sure does get to pumping, eh?

I would have definitely been in fear for my life, and I would have shown more than just a bit of my sidearm...they would definitely have known to head in the other direction.
    I would want them to have no doubt about what I was capable of...and I would have definitely had my cell phone punching "photo" for a pic and then dialing 911.
    OMOYMV

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Good thing you werent in NC. North Carolina does not consider "strong hands" a deadly weapon. Someone could be beating your brains out and unless they have presented a weapon you cannot use deadly force against them. Stupid I know.

Stay safe
    How about disparity of force? Certainly one of them had something...a knife perhaps?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Honestly, the stupidity. Glad it ended without violence, but seriously thats just messed up.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    How about disparity of force? Certainly one of them had something...a knife perhaps?
    This is something I hope will be changed someday. I have never understood why someone should be forced to fight just because someone else wants them to. If a person who seems to be my equal in size and is unarmed wants to fight me why can I only use equal force? I don't want to fight!

When it comes to sex if one party says no its rape if you proceed. In many states you can use deadly force to prevent it. This should be the same. If you want to hurt me and I don't want you to I should be able to use what ever means available to stop you. Why do I have to take a beating?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Disparity of force. Multiple-on-one.

I'm glad you weren't hurt and you had great SA and were able to get out of a potentially harmful/lethal situation.

I bet in North Carolina, if a police officer is getting beat up badly by a really big guy then he would use deadly force and they would say nothing to him but for citizens with conceal carry permits, I bet the courts would react differently.
    Last edited by mnconceal; April 27th, 2009 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnconceal View Post
    They weren't Somali's, I am Somali. Maybe because I was a different race than the African American men, they picked on me.

CKFarris, "Don't be surprised if someone just starts punching you in order to test themselves." These days people want to box just to see what their strength is and just to get a sense of self greatness. In 2002 when I didn't have my carry permit. I had to cross the street when I saw 2 or more guys walking together because one of them has always fought with me to show off to others. I knew it's weird.
    "I often hear boys in Karmel Mall using the term "I knock niggas out"

It's almost as if though having the ability to knock people out makes some people think they will gain a new social status or great status.

In 2002, about 5 african american men in downtown Hennepin Ave were walking towards me and one of them came up to me and said to me "What you Caliming" and in my mind I am thinking does this guy think I am a gangster or something and he just started punching me and boy was he weak, not a single scratch, it was as if I fought with an 8 year old boy. His punch didn't cause any bruise and he was just as strong as a girl.

I don't want to shoot these low lives who have nothing better to do than fight people to get a sense of self greatness. I would first fire a warning shot. I actually want loosers to live, especially the loosers who have robbed me with a replica pistol in the past because seeing them broke and in hard ship is longer lasting.

I bet in North Carolina, if a police officer is getting beat up badly by a really big guy then he would use deadly force and they would say nothing to him but for citizens with conceal carry permits, I bet the courts would react differently.
    You need a NEW neighborhood...and fast!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Your story reads to be common enough in fact, that it was a similar situation that ultimately forced me into a CCW class. In my particular case, I had zero options, and I simply got lucky as a tour guide with his team passed by. It’s true, there is safety in numbers but never again will I become that vulnerable.

BTW: As for you placing your hand on your gun and partially displaying it, I would have done the same damn thing! When you’re backed into a corner and have no other options, the playbook goes out the window.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    mnconceal, are you the guy who posted here a few days back complaining that you weren't treated right at a gun store?

Seems I remember that name, "Karmel Mall," you mentioned in an earlier post.

Let's see--- guys challenge you to a fight; gun store discriminated and wouldn't sell to you; strangers at Karmel Mall use racial slurs.

Unless I've got you and some other posters and posts mixed up, it sure sounds like trouble is finding you.

Maybe there's more going on here. Something about how you present yourself, the attitude you project without realizing it. As someone else said, it sure seems strange that strangers would out of the blue want to fight you.

Well, maybe I have got a couple of guys mixed up and I'm misunderstanding.
    If so, sorry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links