Another "why carry at home?" - Page 4

Another "why carry at home?"

This is a discussion on Another "why carry at home?" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'm like alot of the guys here who dont have here lisence yet. i do carry at home. On the second not i'm sure it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another "why carry at home?"

i'm like alot of the guys here who dont have here lisence yet. i do carry at home. On the second not i'm sure it didnt take long for u to meet your wife halfway Packn. cheers bud.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I always have a.38 snub or my Glock 19 within a few feet of me in the house.....Semper Paratus!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desertrat View Post
    I always have a .38 snub or my Glock 19 within a few feet of me in the house.....Semper Paratus!
    Ditto what he said above....see signature.
    Nick
    Glock 19 /CT Laser
    Glock 26 /CT Laser
    Kel Tec P3AT .380/CT Laser

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Well, I donít carry at home, but there is always a pistol or shotgun close by, and I never go to the door unless there is a pistol in my hand.

Just as that homeowner did, I would try to explain to the wrecker driver he was at the wrong house, If he continued Iíd call the LEOís.

As to pepper spraying me down, while Iím standing in my front door. Well, letís just say Iím glad Florida has a Castle doctrine.
    I'm the same way. I have pistols stashed all over the place. There is never one far out of reach. At a minimum I have one at my desk here with me.

It's kind of hard to carry and dress down at home. Unless I just got home and keep my jeans on and dont change to gym shorts or something.

I carry in or out of the house, the only place I don't is in my place of work, and if I could get away with carrying in the O.R. I would.

I carry whenever I have clothes on. I don't know when or if I'll need my firearm, but if I do need it, I'll have it.
    The 2nd Amendment is my gun permit.
    Issue Date: Dec. 15, 1791
    Expiration Date: NEVER

Assistant Administrator
    I confess I haven't read all posts ...... but I will just say - carry is all day every day and I work from home!!

Rationale? - no way do I EVER want to reach down only to find an empty holster! The statistical odds of needing the piece in an average day is 99.9% against - remote odds if you will. But - bottom line - if need does ever arise it HAS to be there. Add to that an old guy's penchant for forgetfulness - and so the possibility that I do not "arm up'' when going out ... nope - it has to be like a wrist watch - always there.

Any gun within the house is not immediate - it is seconds away - and not so good if we have to say or think to any bad guy - "hang on dude - just gotta fetch my Roscoe"!!

Carry is IMO a dedication - all or nothing. If you wish to be armed, and so, protected - do it with complete purpose.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desertrat View Post
    I always have a.38 snub or my Glock 19 within a few feet of me in the house.....Semper Paratus!
    Semper Paratus back at yah Desert Rat ! We Coasties know what that means. On topic I don't carry on my live-aboard 40 foot trawler but my .40 Cal with 12 + 1 is always within a 3 ft reach. My early warning system IF a BG were to step aboard even if I'm asleep, the "house" rocks a little....hmmm who dat?

As I've said in the past, I answer my apartment door with two things. I have my G26 in my right hand & my cell phone in my left hand. Unless the person has "proper" legal ID from the various agency I refuse to open my door.

This is why I am NOT looking forward to the next census. I don't want someone knocking on my door waking me out of a very sound sleep. I'm not a very nice person when someone wakes me up. Unless I know they are coming on a certain date I refuse to open my door to anyone.

Thankfully, the management of my property where I live knows this and leaves a note on my door 24 hours in advance. Thank goodness for small things.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by PackN View Post
    This unfortunately happened in the ever so gun friendly state of IL but I have seen other stories like this in other gun friendly states. Now maybe in IL you can have one in your pocket on your property...I really don't know. At any rate I have seen polls here before on if you carry at home. I have a friend here in Missouri this happened to and before Mr repo got the truck completely on the trailer....he was staring at a very angry man with a 45 in his hands. Repo man was one house off on the repo job. Repo man got arrested for trespassing, destroying property among a few others. Seems to me if I was a repo man I'd triple check a job before going on someone else's property. I have one (either 38 or 380 ) in my pocket all the time. I had gym shorts on once and went to bed with 38 in pocket and when I rolled over to wife's side...well she thought I was glad to see her - I made that last line up to make a point. ALWAYS CARRY if you can legally.

Repo Man Allegedly Demands Car, Assaults Family Member At Wrong House - KTVI
    great article. I will bookmark this

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I confess I haven't read all posts ...... but I will just say - carry is all day every day and I work from home!!

Rationale? - no way do I EVER want to reach down only to find an empty holster! The statistical odds of needing the piece in an average day is 99.9% against - remote odds if you will. But - bottom line - if need does ever arise it HAS to be there. Add to that an old guy's penchant for forgetfulness - and so the possibility that I do not "arm up'' when going out ... nope - it has to be like a wrist watch - always there.

Any gun within the house is not immediate - it is seconds away - and not so good if we have to say or think to any bad guy - "hang on dude - just gotta fetch my Roscoe"!!

Carry is IMO a dedication - all or nothing. If you wish to be armed, and so, protected - do it with complete purpose
    EXACTLY ! I have BUG's hidden around house - even in basement...but a 38 in my pocket ALL the time at home. Don't get caught off guard...that's the main theme here. It sounds like these people were outside in the driveway doing regular people stuff. They let this guy get close enough to spray them. What if he produced a gun instead of the spray?
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links