Wall-E World and my lost virtue

This is a discussion on Wall-E World and my lost virtue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well day 35 sense my application and I picked up my permit today, not a long wait considering the upturn in acquiring a CCW here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall-E World and my lost virtue

Wall-E World and my lost virtue

Well day 35 sense my application and I picked up my permit today, not a long wait considering the upturn in acquiring a CCW here in WV. I have been reading WWW threads and found them amusing, although there appears to be some merit to it and it seemed as good as any place to start.
    So off to Wally world I went knowing I would soon lose my virginity, here is my account of the walk. I picked up a cart at the entrance, I wanted to check myself out in front a mirror so I stopped at the bathroom ( I canít remember the last time I did that) looked ok but I am just a lot fatter than I thought!
    I passed the Subway and of course no Nachos, picked up sugar free drink mix, picked up some ham slices (no ribs) picked up action flick Gods and Generals (yea I know but it does have big guns in it)
    Checked out the shirts for CC but the fat thing reared its ugly head again and last but not least checked out the bare ammo shelves. I did need some hollow points for carry so I stopped off at a gun shop here in town and picked some up and I also bought a new in the waist holster.
    All in all ok, sense embarking on this quest I have become somewhat apprehensive about carrying, it is a tremendous responsibility not to be taken lightly in anyway. While at WW I did notice that I spent more time looking around, didnít know if I was concerned about what people might be seeing on me or I just was more aware. I do know things seem to be deteriorating locally, several armed robberies including two banks, a man last night was beaten to death with a carpenterís hammer and keep in mind we are not a in a major metropolitan area in fact far from it. Anyway I hope to get more comfortable with carrying and I think time and practice with the gun will be beneficial.
    Thanks
    dusty
    Last edited by wvav8tor; April 29th, 2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Psst, little hint, it gets easier each time.
    Go back in a few days and check again for ammo
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Everyone feels self conscious the first time that they carry. You did great, just keep carrying, and before you know it, you won't even think about it, unless you walk out without your gun, then you'll feel naked. It just gets easier each time.

Congrats & welcom to the FORUM
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Snort, yup, amazing how many things that applies to

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Go back in a few days and check again for ammo
    It does indeed. After two months I just go where ever and dont think about it. Im not talking about the no carry zones. I avoid em.

Congrats on the walk. As Rugergirl said, it does get easier.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Well done, Grasshopper...now out into the world, and be prepared to protect yourself and your family.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats. It gets easier as you go. You are much less visible than you think you are. Be careful and safe.

Bravo Zulu!

Be Safe!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    The more you carry the more comfortable you will become. Before long you will realize no one notices or even cares if you do.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Hey wvav8tor:

That "fat" thing in the mirror? It is simply amazing how our pants and shirts can shrink so much just by hanging in the closet

Or, uh, maybe, its just that, like me, you have your gun belt on way too tight

Congrats on your permit & your WWW. Be safe!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Wow. Your first WWW sounded a LOT like mine--complete with the mirror check, the "fat thing" and the movie (only it was Gettysburg for me).

Anyway, congrats and welcome to the family!
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." -- Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)

congrats and welcome to cc.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Congradulations on WV permit and WWW.

What area,( city, county) do you reside? I'm in Huntington, but did my Wally Walk over in Ohio since it's closer to my home.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links