Ace is the place...

Ace is the place...

This is a discussion on Ace is the place... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a lady student poised a question to me - What happens if you have a gun, no holster? I get that lady "head tilt, ...

Thread: Ace is the place...

sm [OP]

Ace is the place...

So a lady student poised a question to me - What happens if you have a gun, no holster?

I get that lady "head tilt, nod, smirk and hands folded across chest" look...yeah that one.

I am a male, so naturally I had to ask "why?"

How did folks carry inside shirts/ blouses before belly- bands and such?

Yeah, I got the answer with a question, the aforementioned lady stuff - with an added more...err...when ladies wink and do a smirk deal...guys are in real trouble.

"Ace Bandage" - I replied.

My turn to sit there smug , watch and wait.

Up jumps the lady <bathroom noises> and returns "show me".

So I share how some Mentors and Elders shared with me, how in fact a Ace Bandage does allow one to make a secure, easily accessible, concealed "holster" to be worn under a shirt / blouse.

With a unloaded gun of course I roll over, jump up and down, give a hug, and the gun stays secure, dog wants to play and I get a lady to put hand on chin and...Huh! I'll be damned!

So she gets wrapped up - outside of T shirt and tries with both a revolver and semi. Puts on an oxford blouse - "blouses" it out some...

Just another tool in the toolbox. One I have used when having a holster not in my best interest. One I have loaned a person a gun visiting from out of town, legal to carry here, and "belly band" method was best to use. One a lady needed to use and no belly-band bought yet....etc.

It ain't cheating if it works - called ingenuity. -anon

Regards,

Steve
    Use Enough Gun

Aus
    not enough details here.
    how wide was the ace?
    how many times did it wrap around your body and how tight?
    did you use the butterfly pins to secure it or did you just tuck the end in?
    did you put it inside the belt line? around the belly button? or just below the pecs?
    what kind of gun, revolver or pistol?
    did you insert it strong side or cross draw?
    and, were you wearing a tshirt?
    we wanna know.

WE must have pics/// of the lady sporting the ace holster

Lead Moderator
    Real men use duct tape to bare skin.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    WE must have pics/// of the lady sporting the ace holster
    I second the motion! Where is the "This Thread Is usless without pics" smiley?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    I second the motion! Where is the "This Thread Is usless without pics" smiley?

Administrator

Thumbs up

I know that a section of Ace Bandage was also sometimes used to "deep cover" a small revolver like the N.A.A. or a mini semi-auto to the leg.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity

I am stealing this sucker!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Assistant Administrator
    Does somewhat need some pics to ''flesh it out'' but I can see the theory could work.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

sm [OP]
    All she had was 4" with butterfly. I added silk tape ( surgical tape) to keep butterfly in check. Just "layer" , and I used my wallet, to make a "pocket", in wrapping.

She just used her hand to make a pocket while I wrapped her.

---Note, Ladies and Mens shirts have button on opposite sides---

We are both right handed for me:

Wrap just a tad higher than "blue jeans" waist , pocket about 10:30 -11 o'clock , being a guy this means I am able to access with my strong hand thru my shirt to access "cross-draw"

Her:
    Well I wrapped her the same way, only a problem revealed itself to her. She grabbed a ladies oxford shirt and the buttons were on the "wrong side" and getting undone one handed, and accessing it was "tricky". She ran and got a Men's shirt <light bulb> NOW she could access much much easier. Easier to undo button and slip hand inside. Just the way the pleat is for buttons and holes. Take a look!

This is a great tip to keep in mind if using while driving, and one is right handed. For instance a Taxi driver uses a belly band like this, especially with hot humid summer climates.

I have used the hook and loop Ace Bandage, still feel butterfly and tape is a good measure to add for insurance.

I like the 3" Ace personally. Seems more versatile and with an extra wrap seems more secure.

I have used the "Compression Tape". This is the tape flesh colored, that stretches and it holds - I mean it holds. Other names for this - still the tape "compressess". When something is wrapped with this stuff - it is NOT going to go anywhere.

I do not own a Camera...not even a disposable one.

This old trick was used /still useful when carry cash, traveler checks, credit cards...for whatever reason be it travel or not.

Like attending something somewhere , not the best area...and only a small amount of cash in pocket or using a "fake wallet".
    A couple of Undercover Cops used to use this trick too...

Tip:
    pax over at THR/TFL shared this a long time ago for both ladies and men with bellybands. Get a tube top dealie [Betty bail me out] and put this on first, just lower of course - then put on bellyband. This alleviates chaffing and sweat getting directly on gun - or whatever. Works with a Ace bandage too.

A Husband and wife did this taking kids to the amusement park. No worries of anything falling out or getting pick-pocketed. Just enough cash in front pocket with tokens to have a good time. Never reaching for a wallet means not attracting attention to those illegal eyes watching.

We CCW , however the first things we do is - not be where trouble is, leave if trouble comes to us, and don't look like prey.

If we "don't look like we have anything" - then perhaps predators may not approach us in the first place.

Concealed means Concealed.

Applicable to other stuff besides weapons as well...

Thats a wrap...
    Use Enough Gun

VIP Member
    She just used her hand to make a pocket while I wrapped her.
    sm, great description and a good idea, but I have to admit for a second there it almost sounded like "Dear Penthouse Letters: I never thought I'd be writting to you but the other day....."
    Randy Cain.

Sponsored Links