Haven't carried in 3 weeks

This is a discussion on Haven't carried in 3 weeks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have what my doctor says is an upper respiratory infection(cold?). I know it isn't the Flu, because he told me yesterday that if it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't carried in 3 weeks

I have what my doctor says is an upper respiratory infection(cold?). I know it isn't the Flu, because he told me yesterday that if it was the flu, after 3 weeks, I'd either be over it or dead.. Anyhow, I've been totally miserable. My left ear feels like I have an ear plug stuck in there somewhere, and my balance is off a bit. I have not been carrying because I've been very short tempered and why I do not feel I'd pull my gun except as a last resort inn a life or death situation, I do not want the temptation. There is also the lack of energy and weakness brought on by this junk. I carried at the house for a while, and had to take the gun off because I felt I was being weighed down. I started a "Z Pack" last night, and from what the doc says, I should be better in a few days.

hope you feel better

I had the same thing happen to me, the end result for me was a MRI which found nerve damage in my right ear. The steroids were making me irritable so a switch of meds and a small in house procedure had me back up and running by the fourth week... I was originally diagnosed with mono

mkh
    I hope you feel better. And kudos on knowing when to take the gun off.

Sounds really un-fun! Sorry you're feeling so miserable. I know what you're describing and the unbalanced/out-of-it feeling is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by celticredneck View Post
    I started a "Z Pack" last night, and from what the doc says, I should be better in a few days.
    Well, if you're takin' (2R, 3S, 4R, 5R, 8R, 10R, 11R, 12S, 13S, 14R)-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14-heptamethyl-15-oxo-11-{[3, 4, 6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-β-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl]oxy}-1-oxa-6-azacyclopentadec-13-yl 2, 6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-α-L-ribo-hexopyranoside, I would think you'd get better soon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

One thought, and this isn't meant to be critical in any way, but BG's like to prey on the weak and the infirm.

Be careful out there......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member

Organic chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well, if you're takin' (2R, 3S, 4R, 5R, 8R, 10R, 11R, 12S, 13S, 14R)-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14-heptamethyl-15-oxo-11-{[3, 4, 6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-β-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl]oxy}-1-oxa-6-azacyclopentadec-13-yl 2, 6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-α-L-ribo-hexopyranoside, I would think you'd get better soon.
    You had to remind me why I hated organic chemistry.

Anyway, if by Z pack he means erythromycin, azithromax, he'll be feeling better soon. I am convinced that stuff helps even when there is no bacterial infection, and even though I know that this notion is totally irrational.

I suspect that you should feel better by the time you finish reading the formula for azithromycin.......

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Get well soon!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    Hmmm, a female friend of mine is a doctor and practicing molecular biologist in Kansas, so I’ll have to send her this for translation.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Ref: The OP's main topic:
    As much as it pains me to state it, this is why some of us become apprehensive to carry after a certain point. I do believe we become less tolerant as we get older and we’re more likely to tell someone how we feel in a given situation. My father became the same way and I was shocked when I saw him lay in to someone for a relatively minor issue. I recall a story from my mother, whereby my father called the FBI and told them how to fix a particular problem in the world. In fact, regardless of age I’m sure most of us have over reacted a few times and later regretted it.

For sure, this whole carry thing' comes with an enormous responsibility. I hope I'm smart enough to know when to hang up the holster and pick up the spray can.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Hmmm, a female friend of mine is a doctor and practicing molecular biologist in Kansas, so I’ll have to send her this for translation.......
    mike28w got it, it's azithromycin.

Sounds like you feel horrible. If I felt that bad, I don't think I'd even want to leave the house.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hopefully you're on the road to recovery soon! We need every sheepdog ready to pounce on the wolves that pray amongst the flock!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links