14 (Updated to 1)truck drivers arrested in TN....Title updated to correct info...

This is a discussion on 14 (Updated to 1)truck drivers arrested in TN....Title updated to correct info... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Wrong... Don't you know ANYTHING? Even our fearless leader knows that there are '57'...Sheeeeeesh! I almost posted this myself. Don't you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14 (Updated to 1)truck drivers arrested in TN....Title updated to correct info...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Wrong...

Don't you know ANYTHING?
    Even our fearless leader knows that there are '57'...Sheeeeeesh!

I almost posted this myself. Don't you feel blessed to have such a....well I'll keep my opinion of our Preisident to myself.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Actually, there are fewer than 49 because Virginia, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania are commonwealths.
    Don't forget to add Kentucky to that list.

No Federal Law on Truck Carry

There is no Federal Law concerning carrying a weapon in a Commercial Vehicle. The problem is abiding by all city, state and county laws by which a driver will be passing through. Further explaining can be found here : Cdl Gun | AskTheTrucker.com --- Drive Safe everyone . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    The 49 states comes from the interstate commerce with a truck portion of the discussion. When I checked Google maps today there was still no darn bridge to Hawaii.
    Its in the next spending bill.

Michael

First off there are several questions that need answers before we decide TN is worng or the driver. I drive and carry under LEOSA.

Did driver have a permit?

If no was weapon stored in accorance to the law?(loaded, secure container)

Was weapon stolen or was driver a convicted felon?

These are some questions that need answers before we start bashing or complaining. I have dealt with TN DOT and Highway Patrol when I was carring on my permits and can say they were professional and courtious as with most I have dealt with.
    Now when I carried on permits only I have a portable safe that I store my weapon in the not gun friendly areas(ie: Chicago New York New Jersey) If the weapon is unloaded and secure in a proper container and not in direct contact with driver(ie: sleeper under buck on not in plain view) you shoud have no problem Also if asked to search your truck that is a consent search and you can say NO and if they threaten a warrent then let them because you saying NO doesn't give them PC Proable Cause for a warrant. It might cost you some time but you still maintain your rights. Not a lawyer just a retire LEO out here making a living and staying safe and alive.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    There are only 49 states?

I thought the same thing when I read that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    LEO, Lawyers, anybody who knows, question....

A friend of mine who is a commerical driver said that yesterday 14 commerical truck drivers were arrested at a weigh station in Brownsville TN. This is just east of Memphis on I-40 for having a pistol in their truck.

Does anyone know the law on this? I thought that if you have a permit, and had your companies premission, it was OK.

TN honors all states permits, so that should not have been a problem....

Any help appericated.

updated info......

THP Conducts Roadside Inspection in Haywood County | TN.gov Newsroom

THP Conducts Roadside Inspection in Haywood County
    Released on Thu, Apr 30, 2009 - 2:09 pm under Safety
    NASHVILLE ––- The Tennessee Highway Patrol placed 14 commercial vehicles out-of-service Wednesday, April 29, 2009, during a Roadside Inspection Checkpoint in Haywood County. The joint Roadside Inspection effort, in conjunction with the Tennessee Trucking Association, is designed to educate the industry on commercial vehicle safety and compliance with motor carrier laws. Industry representatives participated in Wednesday’s event.

During the Roadside Inspection at the Haywood County Scale complex in Brownsville, Tennessee, 38 percent of the 37 commercial vehicles inspected were placed out-of-service.

“Roadside inspections in conjunction with the trucking industry contribute to overall highway safety by educating commercial vehicle drivers,” said Department of Safety Commissioner Dave Mitchell. “The Tennessee Highway Patrol conducts regular commercial vehicle inspections to give the industry a better understanding of THP enforcement of federal and state regulations regarding commercial vehicles and drivers.”

Two drivers were placed out-of-service, and one was cited for possession of alcohol and another driver was cited for possession of weapon in a commercial motor vehicle. During the inspection period, the Level 1 and Level 2 inspections found 21 out-of-service defects and issued 12 citations.

THP Colonel Mike Walker stated, “Roadside inspection events stress the importance of commercial vehicle safety. THP wants to ensure that large trucks traveling through our state are operating in compliance with state and federal laws, which makes the roads safer for everyone.”
    Awfully misleading headliner there. While 14 were cited only one was for the illegal poscession of a firearm and I didn't see where any were arrested (yea splitting hairs).

YES there are only 49 states SC receded from the Union again, news stories to follow....
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    Awfully misleading headliner there. While 14 were cited only one was for the illegal poscession of a firearm and I didn't see where any were arrested (yea splitting hairs).

YES there are only 49 states SC receded from the Union again, news stories to follow....

I went back updated the title to the correct info, but did not want to totally change it, as that was what I posted to start with.

"14 (Updated to 1)truck drivers arrested in TN....Title updated to correct info... "
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links