A West Virginia Wally Walk This Time

This is a discussion on A West Virginia Wally Walk This Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My 2nd Wally Walk, only this time, it was in a West Virginia one. My first "walk" was in Ohio, just across the river of ...

Thread: A West Virginia Wally Walk This Time

A West Virginia Wally Walk This Time

My 2nd Wally Walk, only this time, it was in a West Virginia one. My first "walk" was in Ohio, just across the river of that name near my home.

Me & my wife went first to Cracker Barrel porch sale, nobody even knew I was armed. Went to Kohl's and I even tried on a pair of Dockers before purchase with my revolver safely tucked away in the IWB holster. Not one person even suspected I had it. We went on from there to the mall, stopping by Dick's Sporting Goods, but no handgun ammo, not even .25acp.

Walked out into the Mall, went to a jewlery store for purchase, cleaning and check of her jewlery. Then on to Wal-Mart.

The ammo was gone. Real surprise there, huh?. They had pieces of paper taped to the cabinet glass with.....9MM OUT, .357 OUT....witten on them .Disheartening but nada I can do. We did get some brats, beer, wine....you know, essentials. We did get some other unimportant stuff like food. No action movies or Nachos, but we did get some Salsa con queso and "Scoops". (Does that qualify as "replacement nachos"?) Left there an made a final stop at Home Depot before heading home.

So, I now have an Ohio and West Virginia Wally Walk to my credit. I have one more down in Ashland, KY and my tri-state walks will be complete. The Sheep were totally unaware of the Shepherd walking among them, and Mr. Rossi .38spl stayed put the whole time with the exception of the dressing room.

All in all I think it was totally successful.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Sound like you enjoyed it..and you should.

I recently went to have a pant altered. The fellow in the mens store put his tape around me and kinda tugged on it and said xx but that is "over the cell phone, or whatever."

It will get to the point soon, where you have to feel to see if it is there.

Congrats on the 2nd state Wally Walk. I don't ususally shop at WalMarts, but it does help you get over the feeling that everyone is staring at you when you first begin to carry. I'm going to head to Krogers in a little while, and will carry there for the first time.

Hey!
    You only get one certificate...now you're pushin' it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    My 2nd Wally Walk, only this time, it was in a West Virginia one. My first "walk" was in Ohio, just across the river of that name near my home.

Me & my wife went first to Cracker Barrel porch sale, nobody even knew I was armed. Went to Kohl's and I even tried on a pair of Dockers before purchase with my revolver safely tucked away in the IWB holster. Not one person even suspected I had it. We went on from there to the mall, stopping by Dick's Sporting Goods, but no handgun ammo, not even .25acp.

Walked out into the Mall, went to a jewlery store for purchase, cleaning and check of her jewlery. Then on to Wal-Mart.

The ammo was gone. Real surprise there, huh?. They had pieces of paper taped to the cabinet glass with.....9MM OUT, .357 OUT....witten on them .Disheartening but nada I can do. We did get some brats, beer, wine....you know, essentials. We did get some other unimportant stuff like food. No action movies or Nachos, but we did get some Salsa con queso and "Scoops". (Does that qualify as "replacement nachos"?) Left there an made a final stop at Home Depot before heading home.

So, I now have an Ohio and West Virginia Wally Walk to my credit. I have one more down in Ashland, KY and my tri-state walks will be complete. The Sheep were totally unaware of the Shepherd walking among them, and Mr. Rossi .38spl stayed put the whole time with the exception of the dressing room.

This is the exact meaning of "concealed"
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Jealousy???

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Hey!
    You only get one certificate...now you're pushin' it...
    Ok admit it, you are just jealous. (GRIN)
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Glad you made the walk safely.

Side Bar: By the way, I just saw on The History Channel where WV is the only state where religious snake handling is still legal. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Glad you made the walk safely.

Side Bar: By the way, I just saw on The History Channel where WV is the only state where religious snake handling is still legal. Interesting.
    I watch the History Channel, but I have not seen that, well, not yet anyway. I did not encounter any Snake Handlers that I know of at Wal-Mart. That could be an addition to the Bingo card, eh?

I've beat you today alone, hit WV, OH, and KY walmart and threw in the Sam's Club next to the Ohio walmart too. I've done the wally world walk so many times all theses threats on them are getting old.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Will have to check the bylaws, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as a Wally walk without the nachos. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaymen View Post
    I've beat you today alone, hit WV, OH, and KY walmart and threw in the Sam's Club next to the Ohio walmart too. I've done the wally world walk so many times all theses threats on them are getting old.
    I do believe this is a new world record!!!

I get a good chuckle every time I read these WW (Wally Walks)

The punch line is always the same though.....no ammo, imagine that
    2A is not negotiable

sounds like you're close to where i grew up. spent plenty of time in walmarts on both sides of the state line. grew up in Marietta, Ohio.

Just be glad of the recent change in laws allowing you to go into the state of Ohio. When I first started I couldn't do that! Now I can visit my dad, just down the road from that Wallyworld, and not feel like I leave my citizenship on the Huntington side of things :)

Links