Why haven't I tried a plaid shirt before? - Page 2

Why haven't I tried a plaid shirt before?

This is a discussion on Why haven't I tried a plaid shirt before? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im sorry, I thought I was on DC forum,didnt know I walked into a fashion forum.LOL Serious though try the King Size or Big and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why haven't I tried a plaid shirt before?

Im sorry, I thought I was on DC forum,didnt know I walked into a fashion forum.LOL
    Serious though try the King Size or Big and Tall cataloges longer shirts work great!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

For cooler weather like fall or spring, Pendleton makes some really nice woolen shirts. They are perfect in-betweeners for when it isn't cold enough for a jacket. Yeah, they are sort of lumberjackish, but they are actually pretty sharp shirts. I wear mine like a very light jacket and get them dry cleaned. That way I get several wears out of them before they have to get washed and when they do, they look really nice and not frumpy.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Any "busy" patterned fabric will disguise what's underneath.
    Textured fabric will help hide things as well.
    Think crinkled textures, like linen or rayon, especially in warmer weather, as it "breathes" well.

Today's textile lesson has concluded
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I've got plaids & Hawaiians & both work great but out in California, they say the gang-bangers are on to Hawaiians as being a CCW shirt.

I've been wanting to get a couple of those shirts that Charley Sheen wears on 2 1/2 Men, in dark colors.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

VIP Member
    In MO as well.

Go to a bowling alley.

Nobody's gonna confuse me with a gangbanger. There are benefits of being middle age. I can wear Hawaiian shirts and nobody thinks twice. The Cuban varieties work quite well also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Works for me too! Printed shirts one size larger than normal hides most anything. Of course living in Florida lots of people wear Hawaiian shirts. And some of them don't even carry a gun.

Middle age is great! Nobody even notices you at all. They just see you as a harmless kinda old guy. I like to call it the Grampa thing. Everybody knows Grampa's a sweet lovable cuddly kinda guy. RIGHT?!

Plaid works well in michigan in fall and winter

I have a few plaid flannel (Lumberjack) shirts that I wear open, untucked like a light jacket with a tee shirt underneath. Works really well and in central to northern michigan in the fall no one thinks anything about it, except perhaps why are you in Walmart and not out in the woods with your 30-30 looking for a twelve point buck.

I had never thought about the distracting tee shirt theory until I saw it posted here. I normally wear a plain blue or white tee under the plaid shirt just to keep the holster from rubbing my love handles. I never thought about the fact that if the tee has a picture or saying on it, the sheep are spending the 2 seconds as they approach and walk past you to read the tee, not look at the bulge on your hip. Makes sense though!

Speaking of open print shirts and tees underneath, has anyone else noticed that this is the main style of dress for Ray, on "Everyone Loves Raymond" ? Makes you wonder if Ray is a sheepdog?

Dad in the plaid!

Plaid in Florida looks like a lumberjack in the tropics.....out of place. Plaid and palm trees are not ususally seen together

Hawaiian shorts are grat and cool enough for the heat here. I like the "Charley" shirts from "Two and a Half Men" I think they are technically bowling shorts but mine tend to look like Sopranos Guido shirts my wife says. I don't mind at all though. Who wants to mess with a Guido?
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    I've got plaids & Hawaiians & both work great but out in California, they say the gang-bangers are on to Hawaiians as being a CCW shirt.

I've been wanting to get a couple of those shirts that Charley Sheen wears on 2 1/2 Men, in dark colors.
    Check out Nat Nast shirts. I wear 'em.

T shirt with a over shirt usually one of my Hawaiian shirts, Egyptian cotton breath real well, hang well, just make sure they are genuine and not cheap some knock off... I also like my Tractor Supply specials, usually with a nice American flag with horses print....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I wear plaid or striped patterns every day. It works great! Of course here in Texas mine are all western style and most of them have pearl snaps!
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

I'm just an average guy, if I'm wearing an untucked plaid Wal-Mart shirt and jeans I doubt anyone will give me a 2nd look.

Quote Originally Posted by georgewain View Post
    Printed shirts one size larger than normal hides most anything.
    Sure does. A black T under an untucked (dark colored) XL Hawaiian/print cotton shirt is perfect. We know what is going on but it is less evident to the sheep of the world. Friends have spent a whole evening out with me and the wife and are in total amazement when they find out I've been carrying my G32 or Kimber the whole time without them knowing. More than a couple of the husbands are now thinking about carrying.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links