Carry question for those in Kentucky, or those familiar with KY laws.

This is a discussion on Carry question for those in Kentucky, or those familiar with KY laws. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a good question, say you and the guys are out on a well deserved night at the boobie bar, now this bar just so ...

Thread: Carry question for those in Kentucky, or those familiar with KY laws.

Here's a good question, say you and the guys are out on a well deserved night at the boobie bar, now this bar just so happens to sell beer...now the question is, is that establishment considered to make 50% of their profit on alcoholic beverages or not to be eligible to carry concealed inside? Are they considered a bar bar, or a place somewhat like applebee's, o'charlies...etc
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast, Fast is Deadly!

Dude, all i can say is guns and alchol don't mix. if i am going to be drinkin' i aint carryin'

Lead Moderator
    The law is the same in my state. I figure if they serve food mostly (Applebee's ect. I am o.k. If it's a regular bar, I don't go in while carrying.)
    It's a stupid law, cause unless you ask the owner, how do ya know really what they make most of their money on.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    My take on it is this, the sort of establishment you speak of is considered a bar. If you go in, you'd best go unarmed.

I would suggest people avoid them like the plague. Aside from moral convictions, (which I understand are quite out of fashion these days) these types of establishments tend to be in the seedier parts of towns. They draw undesirables like the plague. Drugs, prostitution, etc etc. IMHO it is not the sort of place you want to be unarmed in, which you most certainly will be if you want to stay legal.

Now feel free to call me what you will and ignore my advice, but if you do go in armed, and get caught, you will wish you had listened.
    Last edited by GoodSamaritan; March 7th, 2006 at 07:51 AM.

Somewhere in the KRS, i couldn't find it, states you can not carry in "adult establishments." I will confirm this for ya next time im at the courts.

I don't carry in those places. And I don't really go anywhere without carrying. So its been a long time since I've patronized a "gentlemans club".
    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is deadly.

lol...I just thought this would be an interesting topic honestly
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast, Fast is Deadly!

Here in Nashville, the ones I know of are BYOB ... but they still have a two drink minimum - I don't get it.
    Anyway I've never been in one as I figured with my luck, there'd be a news crew outside doing a story right as I was walking out. Sure enough my wife would see it, or worse ... my Mom! She's 5'-2" but has a wicked left!
    Jack

krs 244.125 prohibits anyone from possessing a LOADED firearm in a room where alcohol is sold by the drink. except in a restaurant seating more that 50 people and at least 1/2 of grs anul income from food sales.

Administrator

Pennsylvania

Well, in Pennsylvania there is no problem with carrying concealed in bars & in fact you can legally drink and carry as long as you are not over the same Blood Alcohol Limit that would make you drunk while driving.
    It has never been a problem at all here in PA. & our Concealed Carry People seem to act very Adult & responsible.

How exactly do you find out if any business establishment makes more money on boobies than booze...or vice versa...I'm curious.
    Do you come right out and ask them or do you just feel them out?

Assistant Administrator
    As QK says, here we have no problem re a bar etc.

That said and I daresay he might agree with me - there are bars and there are ''bars''!!! One place wife and I have been coupla times for a snack sells drink too and only recently had a bad fight which spilled into parking lot - albeit at 2am!

Another local bar also has a less that good rep".

If I go in to such places I am choosey - very choosey. One place we go to on the bike is a small bar called the ''Dew Drop'' - in case anyone has ventured there (on route 31) - the biggest wings you'll ever see and at the early evening time we go, not very busy, plus it has a good rep' too. Even there tho I do not drink myself other than soda.

Bottom line is for a CCW here - is to choose carefully, not drink and just enjoy the food - plus be very aware just in case anything should go down. That done, problems are minimal.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    The law is the same in my state. I figure if they serve food mostly (Applebee's ect. I am o.k. If it's a regular bar, I don't go in while carrying.)
    It's a stupid law, cause unless you ask the owner, how do ya know really what they make most of their money on.
    It may be a little goofy, but it sure beats the Ohio law where you cannot carry into any establishment that serves alcohol - period. Try finding restaurants that don't serve alcohol.

I think the 50% law is a decent common-sense compromise that was meant to allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. If you're not sure - then it's probably not okay. Of course, I would prefer the pennsylvania style... but little chance of that happening around here anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wireman
    krs 244.125 prohibits anyone from possessing a LOADED firearm in a room where alcohol is sold by the drink. except in a restaurant seating more that 50 people and at least 1/2 of grs anul income from food sales.
    Thats the word right their. Don't do it Better yet stay away from those trouble spots.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Links