My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun

This is a discussion on My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LeCalsey Neighbor does not own. He is a renter. The original owner died a few years back and his sone now rents ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    Neighbor does not own. He is a renter. The original owner died a few years back and his sone now rents it out to this crackpot.
    Shouldnt be a problem taking care of him then...

Get the cops involved as soon as possible.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

In MN it would boil down to intent. If he's saying "Hey, check out the new S&W 442 that I got last week" then lifting the shirt would be legal. If it's (as you said) "I'm carrying, I don't like you, consider yourself warned." then it becomes brandishing, possibly worse.

Knife law works this way also. You have your knife out - it all depends on how you are using it. Your knife is out because you are eating steak & potatoes that's acceptable, but your knife is out because you're engaging in "fighting words" then you are going to jail.

If it were my neightbor, I'd begin by explaining your state's carry law, and end with some advice about not flashing, not touching your gun when you carry, stuff like that. Flashing can create a PR nightmare for your state's carry community.

Hey, I used to live in Wauchula, you know where that is ?? :)

The guy doesn't sound like the type to have a permit. She ought to report him, at least if she ever has to take action against him the LE will have a good idea who the BG is in the scenario. Attempting to intimidate someone with a gun is probably not legal anywhere, even OC states. OC is one thing, public intimidation is another. Hopefully the local LE will handle the situation and save your sister some grief.
    You might want to ask her directly what the deal is, she probably didn't give Mom the whole story.

I'd call the landlord, call the police, then if he does a CCW report him to the authorities that regulate the CCW's. I have rental property and if a neighbor called me about something like this he'd be gone.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I donít know what her neighbor said.

Was he showing them his new gun, or was he talking to them in a threading matter.

I would think you need more information before making a recommendation

Actually he said nothing and they said nothing to him. Tey were pulling weeds between the two houses (On their own property) when this all occurred. He walked out of his front door to the corner of his house, stopped when he was only a few feet from my sister and her husband, lifted his shirt to dispaly the gun, and went back inside his house. Not a word spoken. The whole event freaked her out.
    2A is not negotiable

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    The only thing I would add to "Keep a paper trail with LEO". Does your sisters house have a security camera, if not I would have her get a system. This will not protect her if he starts shooting, but the video would be proof of his actions in case this went to court. Also if this came down to a SD shooting it could keep her out of jail. I would also have her check with a Lawyer to make sure she is protecting herself on the legal front as well in case this nutcase escalates.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    Actually he said nothing and they said nothing to him. Tey were pulling weeds between the two houses (On their own property) when this all occurred. He walked out of his front door to the corner of his house, stopped when he was only a few feet from my sister and her husband, lifted his shirt to dispaly the gun, and went back inside his house. Not a word spoken. The whole event freaked her out.
    Ok, that was the one time. In your earlier post you said that this has happened multiple times. Were all of them just like this, pulling weeds between the houses, guy comes out lifts shirt and walks away? I kind of doubt it went this way more than once.

There is still a bunch of information missing on this one IMO.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

OK, here's my 2 cents worth. Legal or not it seems to be an intimidation tactic. If this neighbor is indeed deemed "odd" to others as well as yourselves, have his background looked into, he could be a former mental patient, have a criminal background, both of which would warrant it being illegal to even possess a handgun. This type of nutjob needs to be dealt with post haste, these type of things can only escalate.

stupid question alert. what is a LEO?

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    It's not a stupid question, LEO = Law Enforcement Officer
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

I am gonna have a chat with her this afternoon to get it all first hand. This latest even happened last Saturday. The others over a two year period. I will get details from her though.
    2A is not negotiable

thanks IG. I'm trying to learn all the new lingo. i'm also trying to learn as much as i can from you all. You're so full of knowledge here and i come here as often as i can to get my head filled with what i need to know about carrying.

PA is an OC state, and there is no "brandishing" law per se. I would still strongly suggest she call the local police and at least have a conversation. Who's to say the neighbor is legally able to own a firearm?

dave, what is scarey is despite weather he is legally able to carry or not what are they gonna do? I"m not siding with him but its just like these other clowns who carry illegally. Laws dont effect the law abiding citizens. Sorry bud i didnt mean to start ranting.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links