My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun - Page 8

My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun

This is a discussion on My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LeCalsey His actions, lawful or not, are alarming to neighbors and just not acceptable in a populated residential neighborhood. He needs to ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 128

Thread: My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun

  1. #106
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    His actions, lawful or not, are alarming to neighbors and just not acceptable in a populated residential neighborhood. He needs to be set right.
    Here's where you're wrong. If his actions are lawful why should your sister's feelings trump someone's rights?

    I am not defending improper behavior. If this neighbor is actually trying to intimidate your sister and BIL then he should be prosecuted.

    I am just trying to point out to you (and many other members who have posted in this thread) that it doesn't matter what the law is in Florida, Connecticut, Texas, Arkansas or anywhere else but Pennsylvania.

    You have not posted any information that shows that this man is acting inappropriately under Pennsylvania law. Why should he be harrassed by LEO simply because your sister thinks he's odd?


  2. #107
    Senior Member Array LeCalsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    2A Friendly State
    Posts
    722
    He doesn't have to conceal his gun here. A lot of people who live here don't understand that. I really, seriously don't mean any offense to your sister, but it just seems to me like she thinks that if she sees a gun that's a threat.
    On the contrary, the reason she did not raise the alarm and call LE on the prior half dozen occasions having seen his gun on him IS BECAUSE she recognizes his right to have it. That is all to my credit because of my 2A stance all of my life growing up in that household. However, it does not give him a right to intimidate people with it on his property or otherwise. Does it?

    This is why OC is such a contoversy to begin with. While I support OC where it is legal to do so, I only did it while hunting for fear the sheep would get scared and LE would be involved. I was well within my rights to OC in PA but LE would be well within their rights to investigate it on behalf of a concerned citizen IMO
    2A is not negotiable

  3. #108
    Member Array NoNameMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Here's where you're wrong. If his actions are lawful why should your sister's feelings trump someone's rights?

    I am not defending improper behavior. If this neighbor is actually trying to intimidate your sister and BIL then he should be prosecuted.

    I am just trying to point out to you (and many other members who have posted in this thread) that it doesn't matter what the law is in Florida, Connecticut, Texas, Arkansas or anywhere else but Pennsylvania.

    You have not posted any information that shows that this man is acting inappropriately under Pennsylvania law. Why should he be harrassed by LEO simply because your sister thinks he's odd?
    I agree with you on most of what you are saying, but don't you think that showing of your firearm in a threatening manner could be considered Disorderly Conduct or a Terroristic Threat under Pennsylvania law? I am not one to support the hassling of responsible, law-abiding gun owners (none of us support that), but this is more than a citizen's concern over a man having a gun. It's about an implied personal threat. It is unfortunate that there is no evidence or record of this man's actions.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

  4. #109
    Senior Member Array TucAzRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    792
    Have her keep a camera handy and ready to take when walking outside or working outside,. If he does that again, she can get a quick picture and then she has something to show the police,. Other then that is it a he-said / she-said thing,.. Not sure if that would hold up and it will make the tension worse between them..

    Just my 2cents..

  5. #110
    Senior Member Array LeCalsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    2A Friendly State
    Posts
    722
    This all sort of reminds me of "Lakeview Terrace" or "Suburbia"

    I applaud the response to the thread. This is a community of experience that is well worth reading, that is why I am here
    2A is not negotiable

  6. #111
    New Member Array ERichardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    6
    1. I do think she should be armed
    2. That is brandishing
    "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop"

  7. #112
    New Member Array tbare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    10
    Tazer the moran?

    t_bare
    Last edited by tbare; May 5th, 2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: wordage

  8. #113
    Senior Member Array thebigdl86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    662
    Defintley brandishing like an i.d.-ten-tango.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

  9. #114
    Member Array doctorw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    202
    People like that guy are only giving the anti-gun people an excuse to take away our rights. Everyone better know and understand what brandishing is. Not only that, but all the laws in our states concerning concealed carry. People who break the rules are hurting, not helping our cause.

  10. #115
    Member Array optikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Posts
    108
    could it be overreacting by your sister or mother? just thinking that what might be brandishing to them is untucking a shirt to me? the reason i think of this is i mow my yard (bought the house 2 months ago, still getting to know the neighbors) once a week, i do so wearing jeans, t-shirt tucked under my IWB 1911. i wear the shirt tucked to keep sweat off of the gun but the weapon shows (open carry legal here) i have seen my neighbors and talked to them like this and the guy doesnt seem to mind and i have talked to him many times about hunting and asked if he minds me shooting in the back yard when i build a burm, or to get the cats that just had kittens under his house to "not come back". his brother on the otherhand seemed shaken by the fact i carry and kept looking at my weapon as we talked.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

  11. #116
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,004
    I think we all agree that there seems to be a communication issue between your sister and her neighbor. A couple of issues to keep in mind. Cops are not (supposed to be) social workers. The first question they are going to raise is "What law is being broken?" Sure everyone on an internet forum can say it is brandishing, but if there is no law in PA defining brandishing and saying it is illegal it doesn't mean squat. They can find out who he is easy enough, and check him in the system. If he is a prohibited person, they get the warrant, take the gun(s) and he goes away for a bit.
    If he is not a prohibited person, and we can not cite a specific law he is in violation of, we have to let it go. The OP's sister can maybe get a nice little video camera to document any further incidents, but whats done is done. We can't read minds, and he didn't say anything so how do you prove intent?

    Who here is going to be the next "odd neighbor"? What level of scrutiny should be exercised before we start taking your rights away?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  12. #117
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I think we all agree that there seems to be a communication issue between your sister and her neighbor.
    A couple of issues to keep in mind. Cops are not (supposed to be) social workers. The first question they are going to raise is "What law is being broken?" Sure everyone on an internet forum can say it is brandishing, but if there is no law in PA defining brandishing and saying it is illegal it doesn't mean squat.
    If he is not a prohibited person, and we can not cite a specific law he is in violation of, we have to let it go.
    We can't read minds, and he didn't say anything so how do you prove intent?
    Who here is going to be the next "odd neighbor"? What level of scrutiny should be exercised before we start taking your rights away?
    Exactly. Nice to see someone else understands where I'm coming from in this thread.

  13. #118
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by tbare View Post
    Tazer the moran?

    t_bare
    That's a great idea...

  14. #119
    VIP Member Array Sheldon J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    Posts
    2,286

    Devils advocate II

    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    The original poster wrote this about half way down the first page:


    IANAL (but I am anal), but IMO that's not OC, that's brandishing with intent to intimidate.

    So you never stepped out the door lifted your shirt scratched a itch then went back in because you forgot something.....

    If I had a quarter each time I went out, turned around and went back in to get something, then got sidetracked and didn't go back out, I could buy several bricks of over priced .22's, and that is just in the last couple of years since retirement....

    Although it may have been interpreted as a threat, with older people things they see, can get amplified a tad, and this could just be a total misunderstanding...

    He broke no laws, no words were exchanged, no threats issued other than perceived, this happened one time, were it to happen again then that could be constrained as a threat but until then....

    There is room for error in what was seen here, a lot of room...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

  15. #120
    Member Array fireman836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    So you never stepped out the door lifted your shirt scratched a itch then went back in because you forgot something.....

    If I had a quarter each time I went out, turned around and went back in to get something, then got sidetracked and didn't go back out, I could buy several bricks of over priced .22's, and that is just in the last couple of years since retirement....

    Although it may have been interpreted as a threat, with older people things they see, can get amplified a tad, and this could just be a total misunderstanding...

    He broke no laws, no words were exchanged, no threats issued other than perceived, this happened one time, were it to happen again then that could be constrained as a threat but until then....

    There is room for error in what was seen here, a lot of room...
    In this case the neighbor did not lift shirt to scratch an itch. As told to the OP by his sister the neighbor came out, where she and her husband were raised shirt to display previously concealed handgun.
    my sister and her husband were on the side lot clearing overgrown ivy. The neighbor comes out of the hous and pulls up his shirt to show them his CC handgun as if to say don't mess with me.
    IMHO this a threatening gesture if played out as reported, Not stretching or scratching.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Flashing, Brandishing, Intimidating
    By gmark340 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
  2. Where's your Sister
    By dukalmighty in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
  3. What holster for flashing?
    By paramedic70002 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM
  4. My Sister Witnessed Her Neighbor Get Shot-Update!
    By limatunes in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: January 20th, 2008, 12:10 AM

Search tags for this page

flashing my neighbor

,
flashing my neighbor videos
,

flashing my sister

,

flashing neighbor

,
flashing neighbor video
,
flashing neighbor videos
,

flashing neighbors

,

flashing sister

,

flashing the neighbor

,

neighbor flashing

,
neighbors flashing
,

sister flashing

Click on a term to search for related topics.