My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun - Page 9

My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun

This is a discussion on My sister's neighbor is flashing his CC gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you sure this odd ball has a CC permit???. He sounds like a want to be. I would go to the police department and ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Are you sure this odd ball has a CC permit???. He sounds like a want to be. I would go to the police department and see if they already have something on him or at least some advice on what to do. It's nuts like this that end up shooting someone in a road rage incident.

VIP Member
    Everyone is on about the Odd Ball.

If You don't know who the Odd Ball is. IT MIGHT BE YOU.

The next time your sisters neighbor flashes is gun ask him what make it is and start up a friendly conversation. Maybe he just wants to show it off. You might even make a friend.

There is a good side to this. your next door neighbor is renting may move. He moved once before and may have a string of complaints from his former address. people see odd balls like this and don't get it on record with the police. He may have a past record that prevents him from owning a gun.

I would just open carry my 454 Casull Super Redhawk when working on the lawn and see if he gets the idea- but that's just me.
    Unless your sister is ready to deal with an irate nut job neighbor IMHO she needs to think things through before acting. If she calls LEO the game may be on and she will need to spend the time and energy to have him arrested and hopefully evicted. Video, to paraphrase an old saying, is worth a thousand words. That will remove the "her word against his" issue if she has to go to LEO. One call very seldom solves the problem. A tall fence may be the best investment. She may want to make an appointment with the Sheriff (or County Police) and ask them if what the neighbor is doing is legal but requesting they NOT contact him yet, just ask how to handle it if the same thing happens again. This will start a trail (get the officers name) in case it escalates.
    I moved into a very small town with a few whack jobs and ALWAYS CCW (with proper permit) whenever I step out of the house and don't interact with the nuts. Sooner or later they screw up (with someone else) and are arrested, but I try to remain off their radar.
    Again, a tall fence may be the best investment.
    Good luck with a bad situation.

If possible, install a surveillance camera discreetly that can record your neighbor when he comes out brandishing the firearm. If the entire situation is caught on tape, the police and the judge can see the context of the situation and then make their decision. If the guy comes out waving his handgun over some landscaping, he has some serious personal issues.

Next time, throw some oxycontin at him!
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fireman836 View Post
    In this case the neighbor did not lift shirt to scratch an itch. As told to the OP by his sister the neighbor came out, where she and her husband were raised shirt to display previously concealed handgun. IMHO this a threatening gesture if played out as reported, Not stretching or scratching.
    There may be a fine line here and pulling up ones shirt is not an offense, even if you have a gun on when you are in your own yard. I can off hand think of 10 different scenarios where one would pull up a shirt and could have a gun on, and yet mean nothing. Sometimes pulling up a shirt is just that, pulling up a shirt and nothing else....

Despite how it was taken, was it intended as such.... he says in his post "as if to say".... but did not... and did he specifically raise his shirt and point to the gun or just raise his shirt, in which case there is a very strong chance of mistaken intent.....

Happened to me two days ago... I head to the bathroom and notice the cat looking out the window, so I reach over for a pet and look out the bathroom window only see several people (Mexican possible illegals doing cheap yard labor next door) I had noticed them earlier cleaning, raking, but now they were ripping, yanking and cutting tree branches off the long needle white pine trees in my yard, they had to trespass to get to it...

I head out the door, and as usual have my HK USP in the shoulder rig in the open spare mags and all.... Tis my SOP home wear....

I yell Hay, Hay, Hay, several times and get their attention, and I ask them just what the heck they think they are doing.... They say they were told to cut down and trim all the trees in the area, and I told them to get off my property and pointed to the markers that were in plain sight....
    Did I make reference to my gun, no, did I make a threat, no, did I verbally tell them anything wrong, no, but I bet by the way they were eyeballing the HK they have a whole different story to tell...
    Yeah they were real apologetic and nice, the ones that spoke English that is.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sheldon

You say you went out OC and spoke to the workers. This is a different situation than told by op as described to him by his sister.
    The neighbor comes out of the hous and pulls up his shirt to show them his CC handgun
    . I am not a psychic and don't know what the neighbor's intention was, but if it occurred as stated and my neighbor did as described I would consider it a threat. If you were deliberately drawing attention to your handgun that would be different than you describe.

I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links