Hypothetical: You are on this blog ranting about improper behavior

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: You are on this blog ranting about improper behavior within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hypothetical: You are on this blog (Or another) ranting about improper behavior of another CC / OC gun owner. Through you ranting, you start to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical: You are on this blog ranting about improper behavior

Hypothetical: You are on this blog ranting about improper behavior

Hypothetical:

You are on this blog (Or another) ranting about improper behavior of another CC / OC gun owner. Through you ranting, you start to see a trend with the answers and responses from one member on the same blog that indicates that he or she may just be the one you are ranting about. Geography, proximity, and defensive responses give rise to your curiosity. Call it SA, even on a blog, but you have suspision.

It is not out of the question that fellow OC / CC people would find, monitor, research info, and even post replies on the same blog as we have all found and for the very reasons we all rely on this type of forum. It is also not out of the question that the same individual would take a defensive stance to the situation presented when everyone else is mostly supportive.

How would one go about this hypothetical? You obviously don't want to do it out in the open for all to see. Maybe your wrong, you could really chap someones ego to PM and confront them, especially if your wrong. How would YOU handle it?

Remember....it's all hypothetical. I am curious to see how everyone would handle that scenario.
    2A is not negotiable

2. Remove Ads

I would either drop the subject (not being a confrontational person) or go to the Mods to see if they could verify my suspicions. My motto - Never accuse someone when you have no proof.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Other than to satisfy your curiousity, I don't see how confronting solves anything, I think I'd let it go.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

I'd drop it. Rant, get it off my chest, move on.

There are enough anti's against us, we don't need to help them.

That's not to say we don't disagree, and we won't always get along with each other, we're individuals, after all. But after we've made our point, others can agree or disagree. Beyond that, we're brothers and sisters in arms!
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Ignore the person. Calling someone out on the internet is a joke.

I don't live in Lancaster. I've never been to Lancaster. Not even "hypothetically."

Unloved: Sorry if you took this the wrong way. I truly meant this as a hypothetical. I have been watching this blog / forum as well as a few others for months before I joined this one due to the content. I have seen some rants and have always wondered "What If?" Its ust the way my mind works. I meant no offense to anyone in particular. I just have some spare time on my hands this week at work and thought I would toss it out there. Again, my apologies
    2A is not negotiable

Don't worry about it LeCalsey. I'm just trying to show you that this guy may not be doing anything wrong. He doesn't have to conceal his gun here. A lot of people who live here don't understand that. I really, seriously don't mean any offense to your sister, but it just seems to me like she thinks that if she sees a gun that's a threat.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I can see your concern, but I would just ignore it. As to the possiblity of running into other CC online it can and has happened to me atleast. Then again Im one of those oddball CC that dont hide the fact from close friends and family.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

What can you do? It is the Internet. There are a lot of people on the Internet that are there just to mess with people. They like to cause controversy or drum up attention through responses.

Chances are this person is not even who you think they are. Not even in the slightest. It could be a 12 year old punk jerking your chain, trying to manufacture a response.

I feel bad for the police today. They must waste a lot of time investigating false Internet allegations. Generally we only hear about the legit ones.

If someone were on some board saying they were planning on committing a crime, that is a different story.

Well, I think that you hypothetically got your hypothetical answer..........lol.
    I may have hypothetically read your mind.

VIP Member
    I would just click on the next topic and get on with my life. This is just a forum where people talk. It means nothing in the real world. Take and use any good information you find (there are allot of smart people on this site). Ignore the rest.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

This is going to sound horrible on my part, but...

If it was worth my time, i.e. important enough to invest part of my life, and if I had the time, I'd quietly read everything the person had ever written online to see if I could determine if my suspicions were correct or not.

People leave clues if they write enough, unless they are very, very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    This is going to sound horrible on my part, but...

If it was worth my time, i.e. important enough to invest part of my life, and if I had the time, I'd quietly read everything the person had ever written online to see if I could determine if my suspicions were correct or not.

People leave clues if they write enough, unless they are very, very careful.
    That's for sure.

You are on this blog (Or another) ranting about improper behavior of another CC / OC gun owner. Through you ranting, you start to see a trend with the answers and responses from one member on the same blog that indicates that he or she may just be the one you are ranting about. Geography, proximity, and defensive responses give rise to your curiosity. Call it SA, even on a blog, but you have suspision.
    Ok, so what is the big deal. You see something that you don't agree with and end up finding out that the person frequents the same blog as you do.

PM them, ask them to meet you someplace and have a dang beer. Your both "hypothetically" gun carriers so at least you have something in common. Your both adults, entitled to your own opinions on different subject matter. Just because you enjoy the same forum and possibly live near one another doesn't mean you have to love one another, but it doesn't mean that you can't act like adults either.

Heck, I would even sit down with SelfDefense for a cold one.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links