Defensive Carry banner

Anyone else waiting for NH?

2K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  highvoltage 
#1 ·
I sent my NH application in in February. Come late March they hadn't cashed the check yet.

I called, the automated message said they are back logged 7 weeks. It's May... thats more then 7 weeks, and they still haven't cashed the check.

Anyone know whats up?

#3 ·
They're kinda backlogged here in NH. Even the Resident applications are taking a bit longer to process.(usually took only 10 day but they're waiting about 2+ weeks for them right now) It's probably due to the current trend and rise in gun sales and CCW apps are the reason why.. You'll get it soon, as they won't give you a difficult time. one thing you should look into is the Utah permit.

#6 ·
one thing you should look into is the Utah permit.
I have my FL one in the works, and UT picks up the two states that I probably will never go to anyway. Also FL gives me 7 years as opposed to 5. Sure its a little more expensive, but looking at the math and the yearly costs of the two, it's not that different.

NH I applied for mainly for s**ts and giggles. You never know when reciprocity might change, plus its an easy one.

I may call the NHSP tomorrow and see if I can get a person on the phone to see what is up. It was February 16th I think I sent it out... still nothing.

#5 ·
Dark, I think that law pertains to NH Residents only.. but also, with the recent wave of gun sales and desire to carry, I'm sure they're overloaded in that small office at hazen Drive. Maybe a call to their office <NH Dept of safety> might help. Just an observation, as I work at KTP.Com and a possible suggestion. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

#9 ·
Expect 90 days

Several of us here in Kansas applied for New Hampshire non-Resident Pistol/Revolver Permits in late January and received them in late April. For mine, mailed January 27th - received May 1st. :banana:

http://www.ksccw.com/site/showthread.php?t=11902

Yes, they are very pleasant and helpful on the phone. You are approved when your check clears the bank but the turnaround time is running about 90 days.

#12 ·
I sent off for my Non-Resident NH permit Apr 15th. Checked with the bank a few days ago, they still haven't cashed the check, so I guess it's still in the works.

I'd say they are back logged with requests, but it's tough to be patient when it comes right down to it.

#13 ·
I mailed my application for NH on March 4, called today and got a recording saying 10 weeks. My check has not been cashed. Also waiting on Florida since March 23 but that check has cleared.

#18 ·
Sent 21 January, check cashed mid-April, license received 23 April. So, right about three months...

#26 ·
Wow! They must really be seeing a HUGE increase in permit apps; I've only had mine for about 6 months and the wait time then was about a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.