Anyone else waiting for NH?

This is a discussion on Anyone else waiting for NH? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent my NH application in in February. Come late March they hadn't cashed the check yet. I called, the automated message said they are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else waiting for NH?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Anyone else waiting for NH?

I sent my NH application in in February. Come late March they hadn't cashed the check yet.

I called, the automated message said they are back logged 7 weeks. It's May... thats more then 7 weeks, and they still haven't cashed the check.

Anyone know whats up?

2. Remove Ads

Wow, two years ago it took only four weeks. My experience with NH was that they were very helpful during my inquiries. Things were taken care of rather quickly.

They're kinda backlogged here in NH. Even the Resident applications are taking a bit longer to process.(usually took only 10 day but they're waiting about 2+ weeks for them right now) It's probably due to the current trend and rise in gun sales and CCW apps are the reason why.. You'll get it soon, as they won't give you a difficult time. one thing you should look into is the Utah permit.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I sent my NH application in in February. Come late March they hadn't cashed the check yet.

I called, the automated message said they are back logged 7 weeks. It's May... thats more then 7 weeks, and they still haven't cashed the check.

Anyone know whats up?
    New Hampshire is obligated by law to respond in 14 days. Try printing and sending a copy of the laws (found on Pro-Gun NH's website) along with a letter reminding them of their obligation to you as a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDoor View Post
    New Hampshire is obligated by law to respond in 14 days. Try printing and sending a copy of the laws (found on Pro-Gun NH's website) along with a letter reminding them of their obligation to you as a citizen.
    Dark, I think that law pertains to NH Residents only.. but also, with the recent wave of gun sales and desire to carry, I'm sure they're overloaded in that small office at hazen Drive. Maybe a call to their office <NH Dept of safety> might help. Just an observation, as I work at KTP.Com and a possible suggestion.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    one thing you should look into is the Utah permit.
    I have my FL one in the works, and UT picks up the two states that I probably will never go to anyway. Also FL gives me 7 years as opposed to 5. Sure its a little more expensive, but looking at the math and the yearly costs of the two, it's not that different.

NH I applied for mainly for s**ts and giggles. You never know when reciprocity might change, plus its an easy one.

I may call the NHSP tomorrow and see if I can get a person on the phone to see what is up. It was February 16th I think I sent it out... still nothing.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Im still waiting on my and I sent mine March 31
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I sent mine in about a week ago.

dusty

Expect 90 days

Several of us here in Kansas applied for New Hampshire non-Resident Pistol/Revolver Permits in late January and received them in late April. For mine, mailed January 27th - received May 1st.

http://www.ksccw.com/site/showthread.php?t=11902

Yes, they are very pleasant and helpful on the phone. You are approved when your check clears the bank but the turnaround time is running about 90 days.

I have a friend who has been waiting 11 weeks...I think the backlog exceeds 7 weeks!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Been waiting since March. Leaving on a trip I need it for on Friday. Oh well. It is what it is.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

I sent off for my Non-Resident NH permit Apr 15th. Checked with the bank a few days ago, they still haven't cashed the check, so I guess it's still in the works.

I'd say they are back logged with requests, but it's tough to be patient when it comes right down to it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I mailed my application for NH on March 4, called today and got a recording saying 10 weeks. My check has not been cashed. Also waiting on Florida since March 23 but that check has cleared.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I mailed mine Feb.2 and they still have not cashed my check.

Mailed mine Feb 28 have not got it back. Some one said the other day that they are working on Feb 2 applications

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links