Right to Carry in National Parks

This is a discussion on Right to Carry in National Parks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everyone, On March 19th, the right to carry a loaded, concealed firearm in national parks and wild life refuges was suspended. You can help reverse ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Right to Carry in National Parks

Right to Carry in National Parks

Everyone,
    On March 19th, the right to carry a loaded, concealed firearm in national parks and wild life refuges was suspended. You can help reverse this by sending President Obama an email expressing your view. If you choose to do so, it is best to be professional, short and to the point.

For example: Dear Mr. President, I support the right to carry a handgun for self defense in our nation's parks and wild life refuges. Please reinstate this policy immediately and expand it to include national parks and wildlife refuges in all states, not just those that have right to carry laws. This is essential for law abiding citizens to safely enjoy these areas without fear. Thank you.

You can send an email to the President by going to Welcome to the White House and click on Contact Us, or just click on the link above. The rest is easy.

Please encourage your like minded friends to do the same.
    I am trying to get 10 people from each shooting/gun/ccw related forum that I can find to send the email. So far Trapshooters.com is in the lead.

Thanks,
    Smity

2. Remove Ads

Did it

Outstanding!
    That's one. 9 to go.

Did you know that the justification given to repeal the previous policy which allowed carrying was that the proper environmental impact study had not been completed. Huh?! We can't let something like that happen without speaking up.

Thanks,
    Smity

Done.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Biker

I know the power of writing your legislators (I do it often), but why is it that I have this strong feeling that even if 80 million gun owners sent emails, the WH gang could care less.
    They certainly had no problem spending our $$$...for the next 6 generations...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Done, a bit wordy but a computer scans these things for keywords anyway.

I am concerned about the ban on concealed carry firearms in national parks. Poaching is a disgusting crime and I respect reasonable actions taken to prevent the unlawful taking of protected wildlife and resources. All the same I am a citizen who has been given the right to carry concealed and I respect the laws of our great nation. My family has exercised its right to carry for generations and we have always used these rights responsibly. I am but a single voice that asks you to repeal the suspension on national park carrying, but there are many other good people just like me who will ask the same.

I thank you kindly for your time,

BikerRN, thanks for the support.
    Akross, well put, professional and to the point. It is so important that they hear from responsible, level headed people.

We are off to a great start. Thanks for taking the lead.

That makes three. I am thinking that this forum will do a lot better than 10. Let's see how many we have by tomorrow night. Any predictions?

Smity

Distinguished Member
    Count mine.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Thank you Pistology.

That's four. The President won't get this kind of feedback from those that he has surrounded himself with. It has to come from us, en masse. Please pass the word.

Smity

Me to

Done; I just better not get an unexpected visit from the FBI since I'm probably under survelience with the hundreds of other people who particpated in the tea party last month.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smity View Post
    Thank you Pistology.

That's four. The President won't get this kind of feedback from those that he has surrounded himself with. It has to come from us, en masse. Please pass the word.

Smity
    Pass the word. It troubles me that the president is now surrounded by law that basically restricts self defense where bad things happen. There were 311 assaults on NPS rangers in the 3 years ended 2004! Read about crime in our national parks. The Gun Owners of America fought against the NPS ban:

"[T]he anti-gun congressional leadership teamed up with "pro-gun" compromisers and passed the [anti-gun $10 billion omnibus federal land bill] without protecting the Second Amendment.

"In an effort to appease gun owners, language was added to the bill to protect hunting and fishing. But, as GOA pointed out to the Congress, the Founding Fathers did not pledge their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to protect a recreational pastime.

The final attempt to protect the Second Amendment from NPS bureaucrats came on a procedural vote in the House that would have made in order an amendment, sponsored by pro-gun Reps. Doc Hastings (R-WA) and Rob Bishop (R-UT), to repeal the gun ban. That motion failed by a vote of 242-180."

Like Retsupt said, I don't think that O's heart is in protecting the 2A. I think that the GAO put a great effort into fighting the NSP CC ban. I want to research further and compare with the NRA and may join GAO, instead of the NRA. I will write my misled representatives as knowledgeably, concisely, and effectively as I can. I hope that you all keep your pencils sharp as well as your SA.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Dear Mr. President,
    Have you ever been to Yellowstone National Park? You can drive for hours without seeing a single car in some areas, let alone a Park Ranger. I couldn't even call 911 as there is very little cell phone service in the park, so if I were to need help, it would not be there. This is why I support the right to carry a concealed handgun for self defense in our nation's parks and wild life refuges. Please reinstate this policy immediately. This is essential for law abiding citizens to safely enjoy these areas without fear. Thank you.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Done
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

If anyone knows of any professional gun/shooting/ccw related forums, please let me know and I will post there also.

Total for defensivecarry = 5 and growing
    Total for all forums = 15 and growing

Great job and we are just getting started!

Smity

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links