A Card In My Wallet - Page 5

A Card In My Wallet

This is a discussion on A Card In My Wallet within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i need some of your phone numbers in case something goes down....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A Card In My Wallet

i need some of your phone numbers in case something goes down.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I'm in the process of trying to locate a lawyer here in Las Vegas in the event I have to defend my life. You should see the rather large section of the yellow pages listed under attorneys. It's lengthy to say the least!
    Talk with your CPL instuctor, most of them can put you in touch with a good firearms freindly defense lawyer should the need for one ever arise.
    Say as little as possible, but point out your attacker and the evidence(his weapon), tell the LEO you will fully cooperate with any investigation, after you have consulted with your attorney, and nothing more.
    Make sure as well that your family or a trusted freind had the attorney's contact info, in case you are unable to make contact yourself. Hubby and I both carry his card in our wallets and I have the info stored on the computer, in case the cards are ever lost. My Dad has the same info in case he should ever need it himself or to make contact on our behalf.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Yeah...but that doesn't apply to me. I'm a lawyer.

Shooting people after they are down is a time honored part of the job.
    No, no, no... C'mon, counselor--they taught us all in Legal Theory 101 that it's "kick" them after they are down!!!

NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO THE COPS (even if you are innocent!!)

I think there are two ways to do something, the hard way and the REAL HARD way. The hard way would be use the card and STFU! The REAL HARD way would be saying ANYTHING AT ALL because even one word could be a bell you want to "un-ring" later.

May get in trouble for this stance BUT, please watch the vids at the following link:

Law prof and cop agree: never ever ever ever ever ever ever talk to the cops about a crime, even if you're innocent - Boing Boing

Very good information...IMHO

I like the card idea. Thanks for bringing it up.
    Last edited by 2balkane; May 7th, 2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: redundant

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetPoet View Post
    Is there ANYONE using this forum that recognizes sarcasm when they see it or is EVERYONE straight as an arrow? Honestly people!

Sarcasm

Sar"casm\, n. A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.
    Alleged sarcasm or not, your message violated forum rule #10, hence my reminder of the rule. You accepted the rules when you registered on DefensiveCarry.com and agreed to obey them.

We would prefer that you follow the rules and remain a contributing member, but if you feel you can't obey our rules, then perhaps you should find another forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetPoet View Post
    Is there ANYONE using this forum that recognizes sarcasm when they see it or is EVERYONE straight as an arrow? Honestly people!

Sarcasm

Sar"casm\, n. A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.
    you may have been joking/humorous, but too many times its hard to tell through text without some hints

and, the thing you 'jokingly' suggested has been spread around amongst people before (including some of my relatives) to do in that situation and is HIGHLY illegal and ill-advised
    CSI/investigators can work wonders on a crime scene and if you're innocent the last thing you want to do is something like you suggested
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Pikachu, if you do find an attorney around here, please let me know, as I have no idea who to call should I have to shoot in self defense.

I wouldn't say I was shaky and need to regain myself, that might be interpreted as you weren't in your right mind while discharging a firearm...
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links