Have we learned anything yet?

This is a discussion on Have we learned anything yet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok. Ok fine. I wont run amuck outside with my gun tonight, howling at the moon firing shots off into the air....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have we learned anything yet?

Ok. Ok fine. I wont run amuck outside with my gun tonight, howling at the moon firing shots off into the air.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Ok. Ok fine. I wont run amuck outside with my gun tonight, howling at the moon firing shots off into the air.
    Not yet anyway. You only do that on a FULL moon...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post

Most people live with their head in the sand. There are some that don't..... many are CCL holders.

EdC
    Hmmm, "anti-gun crowd", "liberals", "sheeple", etc. Sure, what makes the news is what the activists and most radicals put out there, which is hyperbole, but I do believe that most Americans, even those who don't personally own a firearm, don't believe that way. For most of my 55 years I never owned a firearm and was not "anti-gun" although I believed in gun control measures that I no longer hold to (because I've found out that they don't make sense).

I became more "firearm friendly" when I became more "firearm familiar." I even take it a little personal when my use is restricted by silly laws that create the so called "gun free zones." Like I can't be trusted, or something.

I'll give an example. I love to go shooting with my 16 year old, and he does too, but on weekends he wants to spend most of his time with friends, one kid in particular, that I've gotten to know fairly well. I asked the kid's mom if it was alright for her son to go to the range with us some time, and her response was "Well, I really don't like guns, and I know you and your son go shooting. I guess I don't like them because I really, really respect them." I assured her that I would teach her son the safety rules, and properly supervise, etc.

Anyway, I might be off post by now. It's good to rant against the more ridiculous, but I like to come back to the notion that most folks might have pre-conceived notions, but usually are willing to listen.

One argument that I often hear from the anti-gun crowd is that if all able people had/concealed a firearm we would have mass vigilantism taking place.
    Its all about education or an overall lack of it. Not the public school type of education though...I mean good statistic backed 2A talk. Person to person, convert to convert. Unfortunately, the most uneducated (On gun topics) are ranting the loudest and the left in general is all to eager to listen if it makes them feel safer.
    2A is not negotiable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links