Funny conversation with my banker today?

This is a discussion on Funny conversation with my banker today? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went in to talk some business with my banker today, I ran the idea by him today about the bank financing the shop/range I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny conversation with my banker today?

Funny conversation with my banker today?

I went in to talk some business with my banker today, I ran the idea by him today about the bank financing the shop/range I want to open. First I asked him how he felt about firearms, we are in Oklahoma, he didn't have a problem with them. I explained to him how I received my CWL and it inspired me to open a shop. He said "you know you can't carry in here?" I said yeah I can. It's funny how many people don't know the laws vs. private property policy. He said "it's posted on the door", I said "you better look again". To his dismay they dont have it posted. I then told him not to worry because I don't carry my .45 when I go into a bank. Even though I could legally I don't want any sheep calling out my gun in a bank. I failed to metion my BUG holstered on my ankle. I didn't lie, I just didn't tell him about all of my firearms. Again it amazes me when a company has a poilicy and they fully don't understand the law. He's a good guy I was just pokin at him.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

2. Remove Ads

different "experience" w/a banker

I have a "friend" who is a banker and customers ask him all the time about his feelings on CCW in the bank. He always says, "the appropriate signage is NOT posted, so please feel free...the more the merrier." Some customers even assume that bank employees are allowed to CCW if licensed..."but you guys get to carry, right?" HA, probably the 2nd most efficient way to get fired from a bank.

Hope that guy gets his sign on the door soon. That'll keep the robbers out for sure . . .

When I was a teller 10 years ago everyone thought I was crazy for mentioning that we should be allowed to carry. OK, so the guys that deliver the money to us carry but we don't. They just dropped off what they were protecting with there guns.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I think it was about 5-6 years ago when shall issue came to MN. I noted that only one bank in town immediately put up postings, others did not. Wouldn't you know that about two weeks later the posted bank was robbed!

Funny thing, but their postings then came down, never to appear again.

I concluded that some, but not all, sheep are trainable....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I carry in my bank everytime. Heck my dad and I always kinda chuckle when we go to the bank together, thats one bad day for a BG to rob the place.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

So how did the talks go about your range/shop idea? Hopefully on the positive side?
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

The bank, the city code enforcement, one of the city counilman are in to it, they are all in the same city. The president of the bank donated a library so he does have some pull. I understand that the city will ususally follow the code enforcements recommendations. I don't think it's going to be a problem. The only concern I have is being able to get inventory.

Even with a sign does as much have any legal teeth in your state?

In MA it does not and those type signs have no more weight than one that states...

- Janq carries everywhere, including a .45 on very rare trips in to a bank
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    I went in to talk some business with my banker today, I ran the idea by him today about the bank financing the shop/range I want to open. First I asked him how he felt about firearms, we are in Oklahoma, he didn't have a problem with them. I explained to him how I received my CWL and it inspired me to open a shop. He said "you know you can't carry in here?" I said yeah I can. It's funny how many people don't know the laws vs. private property policy. He said "it's posted on the door", I said "you better look again". To his dismay they dont have it posted. I then told him not to worry because I don't carry my .45 when I go into a bank. Even though I could legally I don't want any sheep calling out my gun in a bank. I failed to metion my BUG holstered on my ankle. I didn't lie, I just didn't tell him about all of my firearms. Again it amazes me when a company has a poilicy and they fully don't understand the law. He's a good guy I was just pokin at him.
    I'm doing the same. I have capitol so I don't really need bank finance but do have have a secure line of credit with a major bank that does not have any policy against dealing with FFL's.
    We are spending about $45,000 for each 4'-0" lane and more for the store and training areas, 28 lanes.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Sounds like a reasonable banker.
    Here in FL, one never has to worry about CCW in the banks, it isn't a problem (completely legal). I don't even think about my sidearm when banking, I appreciate that...

Stay armed...'cash and carry'...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I went looking for a new bank some of the requirements were it had to be national, have convenient locations and had to be CHL friendly.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

I try not to educate the shepple to much. Prpbably would have just brushed his comment aside about the carry in his bank.

Concealed means just that, you did good.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I don't know what I'm more excited about...that you can carry in your banks, or that you're opening a range! How cool!!! :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I've had wide eyed responses from my firearm loving friends when I tell them I carry into my bank when I have to do business inside. None of the branches of my bank are posted, I've gotten pretty chummy with the young parish sheriff's deputy that is posted inside the lobby. I'm sure when the SHTF even the sheeple would appreciate another good guy on their side. Then again, I could be wrong heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links