Ccw with chambered round ?

Ccw with chambered round ?

This is a discussion on Ccw with chambered round ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, Not trying to start a fight but, Im curious as to how many of us carry without a round chambered. I myself dont. ...

Thread: Ccw with chambered round ?

Lightbulb Ccw with chambered round ?

Hey everyone, Not trying to start a fight but, Im curious as to how many of us carry without a round chambered. I myself dont. To nervous about accidental discharge to myself or others. How much longer does it take to draw your weapon and chamber a round before firing? I carry an XDM9, and dont think it takes to long to chamber a round. Lets hear it...
    Attached Images

One in tha pipe at all times
    2A is not negotiable

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbass View Post
    How much longer does it take to draw your weapon and chamber a round before firing?
    To damn long! You're fending off an attacker with your weak hand. Your weak hand is pinned or otherwise out of action. Your XD is designed for and is perfectly safe with one in the chamber. My .02.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Always chambered. If you're worried, work on finger discipline, (keep the booger hook off the bang switch) and practice snag free holstering.

A quality firearm won't go BANG by itself. Ever.

More to think about: (as mentioned above) What if an encounter is at or near contact distance? Your weak hand might be engaged, then you have very few (and poor) options to rack a slide.

The time that it takes you to chamber that round could very easily get you killed. You can't assume that you'll have either the time or opportunity. Don't want an AD, keep fingers out of trigger guard. Guns don't "just go off" , that's code for " I'm a moron and somehow managed to pull the trigger but don't want to admit it". You hear about it the the papers all of the time "gun just went off", just so you know, it isn't true.

Ready? The WHOLE purpose of carrying is to be ready in case you need it. You can't be ready when there's more to do than aim and fire. Isn't that why striker fired and DA autos were invented?
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Didn't take it as you were trying to start a fight. If I carry a gun that doesn't have a round in the chamber I may as well carry a rock.

I always have a round in the chamber and if the gun is capable of single action operation it is hammer back and safety on (Condition 1).

Be Safe

NosaM

Always chambered!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

This issue has been hashed out at least a dozen times on here, and the overwhelming consensus--which is correct--is that an unloaded gun is a throwing weapon in a real fight. Do a search on it and you will find it discussed over and over again.

You are not safer by not carrying in Condition 3--especially with an XD, which requires you to properly grip the weapon and properly depress the trigger safety before it will discharge. Indeed, you are much less safe, because your weapon is not readily useable--in a real SHTF situation, it's not minutes, it's not even second, but literally milliseconds that count. Taking the time to rack the slide puts you behind the 8-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbass View Post
    Hey everyone, Not trying to start a fight but, Im curious as to how many of us carry without a round chambered. I myself dont. To nervous about accidental discharge to myself or others. How much longer does it take to draw your weapon and chamber a round before firing? I carry an XDM9, and dont think it takes to long to chamber a round. Lets hear it...
    Im getting the message loud and clear... I guess i better grow a set.. Thanks for your replys.

Sponsored Links