My wife has no idea that I have just recieved my permit...

This is a discussion on My wife has no idea that I have just recieved my permit... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it has been over a week now sense receiving my permit and my wife has no idea I have been carrying. I guess I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife has no idea that I have just recieved my permit...

Well it has been over a week now sense receiving my permit and my wife has no idea I have been carrying. I guess I must be doing a good job, we have been to Lowes (building a dedicated home theater) numerous garden and flower shops…sometimes I hate spring. Also made the bi monthly trip for groceries and still she does not have a clue, she still thinks I am waiting on my CCW.

I am going to see how long I can keep this up; she was and is against CC and even having a gun in the house. She did take the class with me but I think it had more to do with learning how to shoot and I think it might me at me.

Oh well I will keep it to myself for now and I won’t have to listen the:

Why are you bringing that thing now?

What are you so afraid of?

You’re not bringing that over to my daughters I have Grand kids.

Man are you paranoid.

That thing is eventually going to get you in trouble.

I could go on but I quit for now, keeping a low profile….

dusty

Good for you, let's see how long it goes before she realizes you carry. Don't hug her....

My wife is more tolerant now of me carrying since a guy pulled up behind us and got out in our driveway the other night. He was asking for directions. I had my G23 at my side.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Actually I think you got your virginity back.
    I mean if you ain't pulled down your pants ....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    Actually I think you got your virginity back.
    I mean if you ain't pulled down your pants ....
    At least until she finds out....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

When she DOES find out, you may have more parts of you in jeopardy than you would want!
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Dusty, I think I will follow your lead if I can suppress the grin on my face when it comes.

My wife is, well, less than thrilled with the prospect of me carrying, citing only "I get a bad feeling about this".
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

unless maybe she does know and she hasnt mentioned anything.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

My wife didn't notice for a week, then for a while it was a game to see if she could tell if I was or wasn't.

Now she just assumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    Dusty, I think I will follow your lead if I can suppress the grin on my face when it comes.

My wife is, well, less than thrilled with the prospect of me carrying, citing only "I get a bad feeling about this".
    That is the same thing my wife told me, I believe only a life threatening situation will change her mind and God knows i want no part of that.

She wants a home security system installed at the house and thinks will take care of any potential problem we live out in the sticks miles from any LE. I like to be right about things its in my nature, but I pray daily I am wrong about CC and that the need for it is silly...and I am not a religious man.
    Last edited by wvav8tor; May 8th, 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: wording

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I dunno guys...lying to the spouse NEVER seems like a good idea to me. If you're lying to her about important stuff like you are carrying, then the seed that you are planting in her mind is that you are willing to lie to her or let her be ignorant of other important things as well.

I value a good relationship with my wife WAY more than that. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I say you are having to tell her sometime before she finds out. Heck I actually did this for several weeks with my family after I got mine, they knew I had my permit, but not that I was carrying. I let them know in various ways, like the 'accidental hip bump' the 'feel it from a hug', then no matter what they said to try and get me to stop didnt. Sadly since your married that might not work. Then again we all grew up with my father a lifelong CC, dad wakes up and in his undies walking around with a weapon. Infact now that I think about it my dad hasnt had a weapon with in arms reach in 20 years.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

There was a post a few months back about the wifey finding out for herself that the hubby carried... Bad news for the hubby. Sure you thought this one through? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I dunno guys...lying to the spouse NEVER seems like a good idea to me. If you're lying to her about important stuff like you are carrying, then the seed that you are planting in her mind is that you are willing to lie to her or let her be ignorant of other important things as well.

I value a good relationship with my wife WAY more than that. :)
    That's exactly the way I look at it too. My wife's not a "gun person" but she knows I'm responsible with them and can be trusted. There have been a few times since we've been married that we've both had to reach for a gun, thankfully we've never had to use them. The fact that my wife IS willing to grab my .38 or a .45 when she feels threatened gives me some peace of mind when she's home alone.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    There was a post a few months back about the wifey finding out for herself that the hubby carried... Bad news for the hubby. Sure you thought this one through? Good luck!
    Yes, it is more of a game right now just to see how long I can go. She knows that at some point I intend to carry and I don't need her blessing to do so. Having said that she will also exercise her right to disapprove and point out all the reasons for not carrying.We have that kind of relationship and it is good practice that if I can hide from her than I should be good with just about anyone.

I also give her credit for going through the CC Class with me, she has always been pretty anti gun and I suspect most of it was due to the fact of not being around any kind of guns throughout her whole life until she married me 3 years ago. Her Dad past early in her life and she did not have any brothers.

I convinced her to go with me to the classes for that very reason and I believe it has had at least a minor impact. I have to work on her to go to the range but when she gets that gun in her hand I can’t get it out. Were also shooting a Kahr CW40 which has some spunk to it yet it does not seem to bother her, maybe I am a little jealous because she shoots the damn thing better than me. That’s the part I am most afraid of.

Thinking about body armor
    dusty
    Last edited by wvav8tor; May 8th, 2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: wording

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links