Do you live in a state that allows weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol? - Page 2

Do you live in a state that allows weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol?

This is a discussion on Do you live in a state that allows weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SGT JOE As far as I understand the TN law, we are but a Senate vote away. If it is passed it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you live in a state that allows weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT JOE View Post
    As far as I understand the TN law, we are but a Senate vote away. If it is passed it will include carrying in regular bars but not if you are consuming alcohol.

This may work for me as I love to play pool but no longer drink.....I have found a room fun of drunks isnt any fun unless you are also drinking.
    At the same time a room full of drunks can in an instant turn into a disaster. I have seen plenty examples.

At least now "IF" it is passed I will be able to go play pool and have my protection. There are no old style billards halls or any pool tables around here that are not in a place that serves alcohol. This law if passed could bring back an old pastime of mine for me.

I have no idea when it goes before the Senate but I am pretty sure it will be met with plenty resistance.....We shall see....

BLESSINGS PATRIOTS
    I used to play in a local APA league and when my wife and I quit drinking it got to be no fun in a hurry.

MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Mississippi law allows it as long as the main purpose for the establishment is selling food. I have never seen any signage.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Ya'll for your responses. With this being one of the hot topics in Tennessee right now I sort of figured that the editorials and letters to the editors of the local papers were just examples of wishfull thinking on the part of those who opposed this bill. I know when I have been in states where carry is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol I had not seen any signs. And oh how nice it was to not have to leave my XD in the car.

Sgt Joe,
    I have no idea when it goes before the Senate but I am pretty sure it will be met with plenty resistance.....We shall see....
    If this doesn't pass the Senate, it will be the biggest shock in Tennessee political history. This bill has passed the Senate for the last 2 or 3 years with about a 90% majority. The trouble has always been the House. Now with Naifeh gone, things have changed.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and just got my CC license a couple of weeks ago. I'm from Maine, and I can't seem to find anywhere that describes the CC laws in black and white. Just basics, like where I can and can't carry. I know bars and federal buildings are off limits, but I'm sure there are others. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Missouri statute reads as follows:
    ....No driver's license or nondriver's license containing a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political
    subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:
    (7) Any establishment licensed to dispense intoxicating liquor or nonintoxicating beer for consumption on the premises, which portion is primarily
    devoted to that purpose, without the consent of the owner or manager. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to the licensee of said
    establishment. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to any bona fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for
    not less than fifty persons and that receives at least fifty-one percent of its gross annual income from the dining facilities by the sale of food. This
    subdivision does not prohibit the possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the establishment and shall not be a criminal offense so
    long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. Nothing in this subdivision authorizes any
    individual who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement to possess any firearm while intoxicated;
    As long as the establishment makes 51% of it's annual income from the dining area it's ok to carry there.

VIP Member
    Well VA does not allowed CC in restaurants that serve alcohol by the drink, but OC is allowed. I know, very stupid law. Owners are allowed to prohibit carrying if they choose to do so. Here in the Richmond area the only place I have come across that is posted is TGI Friday. Applebee, Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse are not posted. When the wife and I go to one of those locations I simply do the VA tuck and go about my business.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    OC.com says that OC is legal in a resturant in Montana similar to VA. Is that the loophole in the law, since only CC is prohibited?
    It was, until the Governor signed HB-228 last week.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...a-updated.html

Open carry has always been traditional in Montana, but it was never actually codified by statute. Now it is.

So yes, we can OC in places that serve alcohol, but if the owner or manager asks us to leave, we must do so.

Concealed carry is still prohibited.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutnmuffinz View Post
    hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and just got my CC license a couple of weeks ago. I'm from Maine, and I can't seem to find anywhere that describes the CC laws in black and white. Just basics, like where I can and can't carry. I know bars and federal buildings are off limits, but I'm sure there are others. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
    Check this site. There are links to state laws available on it as well as a quick reference guide. BTW according to the site carry in restaurants that sale alcohol is allowed. Not sure if there is a difference between bars and restaurants in ME.

Cracker barrel don't serve alcohol does it??? I hope Arizona passes that law someday,.. Soon too.....

Yup always have to my knowledge.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yes, as long as it is an actual restaurant and not a bar that sells food. The thing to look for in TX, other than a proper 30.06 sign would be a 51% sign, no signs and you are good to go.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

No such luck! NC does not have that right.

As has been stated here in FL you can carry in a restaurant. I can't remember seeing a no guns sign at any restaurant, the big chains or even small individual owned places. I have heard of applebees in some states being anti but not here in the Gunshine State.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Michigan, As long as it is a Restaurant and not a bar and YOU ARE NOT DRINKING you can carry. So Red Lobster, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday's Etc is fine here.

We are good to go in Mass. very few restrictions in this liberal state on where you can or can't carry.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links