My Wally Walk...

This is a discussion on My Wally Walk... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to Walmart tonight after work to pick up a few odd's and ends. It still amazes me that at one in the mourning, the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wally Walk...

My Wally Walk...

Went to Walmart tonight after work to pick up a few odd's and ends. It still amazes me that at one in the mourning, the entire lot is full. Well I still had my work uniform on so it hides my pt92 pretty well, generic dickies style industrial clothing. Walked in, past the McDonalds, no nachos or Subway in my wallyworld. Onward to the mens clothing section and saw a few interesting button downs that might join my closet someday.

Next to the electronics section and viewed the fancy hdtv's maybe someday when AA gets a new contract. lol
    I next walked to dvd section and spotted in the 5 dollar bin a 25 movie boxed set of John Wayne movies. hhhmmm... Passed, I doubt that it will go anywhere. Went to the work boot section to see if there was anything new. Tried on a pair, seemed comfy. All the while
    I have not got one strange look.

My local Wallyworld does not have a ammo section, which is fine and dandy as there would not be anything to buy anyway, lol. Grabbed a pack of pens and a mothers day card and a few other things and checked out. All in all it was uneventful, which in my opinion is as good as I can hope for when carrying a gun in public.

Not as fancy as the dragnet submission but still, my own wally walk. It was definitely a strange feeling having it on me that I will get used to with time. Maybe it was giant PT92 in the waistband but with the holster I have, it is comfortable to carry all day, sit with, drive with and really hides it well on me. It is some generic tagua south american one size fits all but it really is comfy.

Now I need to work on convincing my girl of my choice.

2. Remove Ads

speaking of shoes, I picked up Haix P6 AIrpower from a local store in Seattle, they had a sale for $85.
    HAIX® :: 206212 AIRPOWER® P6 MID

I would not pay full retail of $195, so I guess I was lucky.

I bought these a year ago and have been through snow, ice, marsh, really rough terrain and the shoe still looks brand new.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Congrats on your WW walk! I'm sorry to hear that your local WM has no ammo section. It's almost as if that store needs one in the worst way. But you can only do what you local WM has available.

Whenever I go into my local WM I go to the men's clothing department for the latest in fashionable shirts to cover my G26. Finding a shirt of two that I would enjoy wearing is always a good find under the circumstances.

Again, congrats on the WWW!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

jfl
    Congrtats on the WWW; you should receive your certificate soon
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Congrats on the WWW and good luck on convincing your girl!! Thats the challenge. Mine still rolls her eyes lol.

Congrats on the WW Trek, now be sure to quickly submit your application for your certificate to SIXTO...he's way behind on mailings.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on your walk.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the WW Trek, now be sure to quickly submit your application for your certificate to SIXTO...he's way behind on mailings.
    Is SIXTO still rejecting applications for not having the WalMart managers signature?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Congrats on your walk.

Is SIXTO still rejecting applications for not having the WalMart managers signature?
    Not if they include a picture of their CCW badge.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by Skelt View Post
    Congrats on the WWW and good luck on convincing your girl!! Thats the challenge. Mine still rolls her eyes lol.
    She is actually okay with me carrying, she just does not want me to do it whenever I am out with her. lol She's a sheep, a cute sheep but still a sheep. She says, what if I hug you, I don't want to feel a gun. i don't feel your valuing my opinion on the carry issue she says, i tell i am, im just not taking it into consideration. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Delcorbett View Post
    She is actually okay with me carrying, she just does not want me to do it whenever I am out with her. lol She's a sheep, a cute sheep but still a sheep. She says, what if I hug you, I don't want to feel a gun. i don't feel your valuing my opinion on the carry issue she says, i tell i am, im just not taking it into consideration. lol
    I've said something like that to my wife once.....ONCE.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Congrats... I am working on a new contract...

You were talking about me right? LOL.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Nice walk.

Since no Wal-Mart has ammo......why do we still call it an ammo section??? Might need to re-name it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Congrats on the walk. Everyone has a story to tell, and someone needs to hear yours:)

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Nice walk.

Since no Wal-Mart has ammo......why do we still call it an ammo section??? Might need to re-name it.
    Oddly, since my Dragnet walk, my local WW had one box of 9mm, but that wasn't the way I left it. I'll still call that one an ammo dept... For now.
    ...we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government : of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
    -Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delcorbett View Post
    She says, what if I hug you, I don't want to feel a gun.
    Tell her you're just glad to see her!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links