(Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning... - Page 2

(Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning...

This is a discussion on (Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw the piece and it was not negative. Clearly, Allison was firmly in the camp that people should be able to defend themselves. She ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I saw the piece and it was not negative. Clearly, Allison was firmly in the camp that people should be able to defend themselves. She presented the argument that gun free zones are free fire zones and briely brought up Columbine.

Dave, which has riled up some folks here, was not against the Tennessee legislation, He only opined that this type of law would open the door to bad things happening. He never elaborated. I got the impression he just offered another viewpoint rather than being a

I think the report was very good as it brings the issues to the public so they can make up their own minds.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I saw the piece and it was not negative. Clearly, Allison was firmly in the camp that people should be able to defend themselves. She presented the argument that gun free zones are free fire zones and briely brought up Columbine.

Dave, which has riled up some folks here, was not against the Tennessee legislation, He only opined that this type of law would open the door to bad things happening. He never elaborated. I got the impression he just offerred another viewpoint rather than being a

I think the report was very good as it brings the issues to the public so they can make up their own minds.
    I agree, the "revision" they did after all the "twittering" they received was a bit better, but still Clayton's tone seemed to indicate a lack of understanding I'd love the opportunity to clear up.

At least it wasn't a total butchering, I guess.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    You will find that states like NY, that issue so few permits have the least restrictions. No need to concern yourself with restrictions when so few people have them and of course the celebrities and the rich are above reproach.
    Being that it appears you were from NY previously, I am surprised you said that. NY state issues tons of permits. You are talking about NYC which is an entirely different story.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    Being that it appears you were from NY previously, I am surprised you said that. NY state issues tons of permits. You are talking about NYC which is an entirely different story.
    I'm also originally from NY, and believe me, they don't issue "tons" of permits, even outside of NYC/Boroughs.
    Admin is County by County, Judge by Judge. NY is MAY issue, not SHALL issue, and it's a crap shoot what you'll run into. In my home town county the issuing judge was decidedly anti-carry, and rejected almost all permit applications unless there were "documented threats" against the applicant.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Took a while to find the 'exact' place to email...found it...sent a message explaining the purpose of CCW in a restaurant serving alcohol.

I also explained FL's law on this matter and pointed out the similar argument given against such a law and shared that there have been no 'saloon shootouts' down here...Sheeesh...these reporters just don't get it.
    Maybe if one of them is the victim of a violent robbery on a NY street the picture on the purpose of SD will become more focused.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I emailed fox the following........

I don't care about bars, however I do go to......

Chiliesí
    Red Lobster
    Houstonís
    Jim Place East
    Texas Roadhouse
    Longhorn
    Coltonís
    Hooters
    O'Charlieís
    El Mexicali
    Bahama Breeze
    TGI Fridays
    Hard Rock Cafe
    Texas De Brazil
    Butcher Shop Steakhouse
    Mortimer's Restaurant

And you could go on, and on......

The media just wants to say Bars. BUT it is not about BARS.....I do not go to bars, however I would like to be able to go to the above listed restaurants......
    Last edited by tankdriver; May 10th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I mean if even Fox News gets it wrong, whats that mean for the other networks...
    When it comes to the mainstream media in this country, it's not a matter of one side racing to the truth and the other to falsehood. It's two sides racing to wrong destinations from different directions.

What was disturbing about Clayton's remarks is that he is supposed to be a true Conservative. Guess he needs to "bone up" on the carry issues.
    We are not exactly taking about the "hole in the wall joints" here.

If you think it's hard keeping your sanity just watching the morons on the main stream media when they talk about guns, you should try WORKING there. It's amazing I have not gone crazy by now.

I tried to explain to one of our dumb reporters the other day, after she went on the air and said in her package that a gun used in a crime wasn't registered, that TN doesn't even have a system to register guns and no one in TN is required to register guns at all. She didn't want to hear it because she was sure there was registration because, and I quote: " I've seen it on TV shows. How else do the police solve crimes committed with guns?"

Lost cause. If someone is a reporter, especially on TV, there is a 99.9% chance that they are complete idiots.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

Dave, which has riled up some folks here, was not against the Tennessee legislation, He only opined that this type of law would open the door to bad things happening. He never elaborated. I got the impression he just offered another viewpoint rather than being a

You saw a different cut of it than I did, because the 2 guys were complete idiots. I could not believe I was seeing this on FOX.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

We have very few actual reporters out there anymore. Most could only really be thought of as commentators.

Michael

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Headlines and stories are designed to sell advertising. That's all you need to know. The truth simply doesn't sell as much as shock and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Know the real enemy of the People of the United States of America: The Media.
    Sorry, but this is only true for some (maybe most) of the media.

Watch Lou Dobs on CNN and you'll see a member of the media who is an incredible supporter of 2A rights. He reports on 2A issues almost every night, and he ALWAYS sticks up for 2A. Plus, he voices his support in a reasoned and intelligent manner (unlike some of the other loud-mouthed, pontificating newscasters out there).

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Thats why I miss newspapers. A printed retraction was COSTLY but made everyone feel better LOL
    2A is not negotiable

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Lost cause. If someone is a reporter, especially on TV, there is a 99.9% chance that they are complete idiots.
    Agreed. In my experience, the more you know about a particular topic, the more you recognize that most television reporters will hold forth mightily on that topic, but are abysmally ignorant concerning it. Then, consider that they likely know as little about every other topic as they know about the one in which you have expertise. They only know a great deal about two things: looking good in front of a camera, and sounding authoritative.

OMO, YMMV.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links