(Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning...

This is a discussion on (Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just watching Fox news when they did a blurb about Tennessee and how they just passed a law allowing "CC in BARS". I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

(Tennessee) Fox News butchered a report this morning...

I was just watching Fox news when they did a blurb about Tennessee and how they just passed a law allowing "CC in BARS".

I was yelling at the TV. They had it so wrong.

They failed to report the real fact that this was geared towards CC in restaurants that serve alcohol as well, and that you can't drink and carry as it says in the law...

I mean if even Fox News gets it wrong, whats that mean for the other networks... no wonder Americans are when it comes to guns.

2. Remove Ads

I saw it. What a bunch of idiots on there and Fox News no less. The only one defending the position was the female (don't know their names). Those guys acted like a bunch of morons belittling responsible gun owners. They act like if you carry a gun you are going to use it to settle any petty argument. Iím pissed off.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

VIP Member
    Post a link to that Fox station or whoever so we can send them some emails. They probably ain't reading our posts here on DC.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I missed the news this morning and evidently I have missed a lot of other things recently. The last I had heard was that this bill was still in committee. Did it actually pass?

As for the nuts on TV, even Glenn Beck is about there only saving grace.

I have either have to stop working so much or put a TV in my office.

Thanks,

It gets under my skin to. I cant stand that they leave out all the facts. Like those with permits wont be drinking and use the word bar instead of resturant. I dont go to a bar to eat. If your going to do the news you need to make all the facts known.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    You gotta love the sheep in the media
    To hear them tell it, it's now legal in Tennesse for every drunk in the city to carry a gun in a bar. Sheesh.
    The local media here in the Detroit area are so bad, the evening newscast is more like a bad comedy show. They thrive on sensationalism and creating panic. The facts are often ignored and/or unknown to the reporters that are supposed to be informing the public. I've never seen a bigger bunch of fools, than those at WXYZ.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Know the real enemy of the People of the United States of America: The Media.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Sorry, but I don't get the whole issue. Even in the most messed up state in the nation that calls itself NY, there is no law saying you can't carry in a bar or eating establishment.

TN which has much more lax rules on every other gun issue and many other states that have the same laws are just plain stupid. If a person who has a CC decides to get drunk and cause trouble while carrying, he deserves to lose the CC privilege for life, period. After all, we all know that bad guys never rob bars so there is no reason for CC, right?
    Last edited by jh225; May 10th, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    i didn't see it. Did anyone email the show?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    know the real enemy of the people of the united states of america: The media.
    yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on Fox New's site looking for an email link to the show..I can't even find a page for the weekend crew...

Looks like they're sort of correcting it now. Allison Camerotta seems to "get it" at least a little....

Grrr....
    "Don't Tread on Me"

And yet as I watch this now, the next story is about a high school that gave out shot glasses at prom, and they are defending it.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Just watched it. They are just ignorant of the facts, and need to be educated. You can voice your opinion on Twitter and Face book, and Fox does read those comments

You will find that states like NY, that issue so few permits have the least restrictions. No need to concern yourself with restrictions when so few people have them and of course the celebrities and the rich are above reproach.

Frustrating.
    I can't find any email link etc to the weekend show. Everything is for the weekday version.

Disappointing that even fox sounded that bias.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links