Question for Ohio folks!

Question for Ohio folks!

This is a discussion on Question for Ohio folks! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's been a while since I've lived in Ohio so here's the question. Handgunlaw.us speaks of not carrying concealed in an establishment requiring a "class ...

Question for Ohio folks!

It's been a while since I've lived in Ohio so here's the question. Handgunlaw.us speaks of not carrying concealed in an establishment requiring a "class D" permit to sell alcohol. So, does that mean any restaurant, bar, or other get together where alcohol is served? Also, do the "no guns" sign carry the weight of law or can you simply be asked to leave if discovered and if you refuse, you can be charged with trespass. I know the questions seem simple however, information fom someone who actually lives there has usually been the cleanest way to clear up questions! Thanks in advance for your help!
    Mike

NO CARRY in establishments that serve alcohol for "consumption".
    Yes, you can be charged for criminal trespass if you KNOWINGLY enter a posted CPZ. Hope this helps

Sponsor
    IANAL!

Cannot carry in any establishment that is licensed to serve alcohol for on site consumption. In hotels with bars only the bar is off limits. Same for the convenience store with beirgartens. Only the beirgarten is verbotten.

Sinage carry's the weight of law and does not have to meet any criteria or be posted in any particular place. A penciled note card tacked behind the courtesy desk is the same as a 3'x3' placard on the entrance door.

Once you know somewhere is posted you are trespassing if you remain. This does not mean that you have to be told to leave.

It's stupid, vague and, unfortunately the way it is.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Thanks to all

Thank you guys very much for the replies. I agree, stupid restrictions but since I live in Illinois (for the moment anyway) and have no option to carry anywhere, every little bit helps!
    Thanks again

Links