Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules!

This is a discussion on Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I highly recommend the pocket holster and there are many to choose from at very good prices. I good pocket holster provides stability, safety, and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules!

I highly recommend the pocket holster and there are many to choose from at very good prices. I good pocket holster provides stability, safety, and some degree of protection for the gun. they also help prevent printing, especially if you are wearing lighter clothing.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

2. Remove Ads

Pocket Holster...I have had the Mika, it is excellent, but I also rellay like the Kramer Leather. And get urself some speed strips or speed loader, youwont be able to fumble around those loose rounds in high stress. Plus dont know If naybody else told you this.....NOTHING in your pocket but the gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Good job. Just do what you need to do without being arguementive or preachy. A man leads by example.

Best of luck to ya.

Second the motion about a pocket holster . . . in addition to its holding the gun in a predictable position, some places (e.g., Ohio) make it illegal for a CHL holder to transport a loaded weapon on his person without a holster. I have read of one individual who was charged here in Ohio for improper transportation (he had the gun in his pocket, not in a holster in his pocket), and then slapped with a "gun specification" because he used a gun to commit the "crime"! Thankfully, the gun specification can no longer be applied to this kind of situation, but a pocket holster is still a good idea.

Zeko

Wow, didn't know so many people loved the pocket holster.... I might just have to get one after all, I looked on the website and apparently the nemisis is out of stock. I have a Galco paddle holster, but so far Ive only read poor things about paddle holster carry.
    Μολὼν λάβε

I purchased the Nemesis from Midway USA on Friday for $16

You've gotten lots of good advice on getting a pocket holster. It not only keeps the gun upright so you can reach in and get a good grip, but also covers the trigger. That's very important - the hair stood up on my neck when you said your girlfriend grabbed your shorts to feel for the gun. If she grabbed it just right, her finger could have accidentally pulled the trigger through the cloth and caused the gun to discharge.

*I tried very hard to word this so it didn't sound like I was making a joke, but don't think I succeeded.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

rmarkob - serious is so true but one can't help but having visions of the "what could haves lol"

Uncle Mike's pocket holsters work fine, and they're cheap...around $10.

Might try pale horse leather for a pocket holster. I have one for my Seecamp. Also, might want to try a speed strip or speed loader to carry your ammo instead of it being loose in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFontenot View Post
    Uncle Mike's pocket holsters work fine, and they're cheap...around $10.
    I'd have to agree. I have an Uncle Mike's too and it's been great. Without it, I was always getting cracker crumbs and salt in the barrel and it was a pain always cleaning it out.

a pocket holster will keep gun from putting holes in you pocket

I've tried several pocket holsters and like the RKBA best. Great product at a great price. RKBA Leather & Holsters
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post
    Wow, didn't know so many people loved the pocket holster.... I might just have to get one after all, I looked on the website and apparently the nemisis is out of stock. I have a Galco paddle holster, but so far Ive only read poor things about paddle holster carry.
    The pocket holster is mainly to cover the trigger, for your safety and those around you. As someone else mentioned, you should also get speedstrips or speed loaders for you backup ammo.

I'm glad the GF is showing promising signs. You're a lucky man.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Buy some bianchi speed strips also, alot quicker than loose rounds in your pocket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links