Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules!

This is a discussion on Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well today after work and a nice shower, my girlfriend decides she wants to go to Gordmans (its like a JcPennys, sort of) and Walmart. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is comming around! And Pocket carry rules!

Well today after work and a nice shower, my girlfriend decides she wants to go to Gordmans (its like a JcPennys, sort of) and Walmart. I said "ok baby" and put my S&W 442 in the pocket (by itself) of my white and blue checked shorts and a handful of loose gold-dots in my opposite pocket. As we were putting our shoes on she grabbed my shorts....looking for my "gun"....and finding my weapon. When she asked if it was my gun i simply replied "One of them." She just smiled and and grabbed my hand and we walked out the door.

This comes after an argument we had the other day about why I carry at all hours of the day including "walmart at 3 in the afternoon"

I guess every little victory helps.

As for the pocket, it was very comfortable with minimal shifting. I wouldn't do a handstand, but other than that it was a great experience for summer time when i mostly wear shorts and a t shirt.
    Μολὼν λάβε

It sounds like you pocket carried without a pocket holster--I strongly recommend using one in the future for both safety and stability.

My personal preference for function and value is the Mika Pocket Holster: Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I second JimmyC4's recommendation of a pocket holster. They're pretty cheap, will help conceal and most importantly cover the trigger. The Desantis Nemesis is a good option, though the Mika looks more concealable.

I'll second the suggestion that you invest in a pocket holster for your CC gun. Wise advice!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

you are a lucky guy....I have to hide my glock 36 from mine....she hates guns...she has no idea I just bought one.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

wolfshead, What would you do in the event she were to discover your G36? I hope it doesn't happen all the same!!!
    Glock 26

Pikachu, when I mentioned to her I had applied for my CPL, she went insane. She said I'll end up shooting myself instead of protecting anyone....she was paranoid that guns would cause more trouble than needed...etc etc...it is surprising she hates guns when she works, of all places, in the Renton PD. She isn't a cop, she just works in records....(now that I think of it...I hope she hasn't misplaced my CPL!)
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Your girlfriend appears to have the same attitude on guns as my Mom. She believes only the police & military are the only people who should have guns. You should have seen my Mom's face when she found out I was hired as an ARMED security officer. This was when I first moved to Vegas around 24 years ago.

I wouldn't say that she "blew a gasket" but she was thrilled when I moved into my apartment a week later. The first two weeks I lived with my parents until I moved into my apartment.

Mom was VERY thrilled to have me & "that thing" out of her home! I know what you are going through!
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post
    Well today after work and a nice shower, my girlfriend decides she wants to go to Gordmans (its like a JcPennys, sort of) and Walmart. I said "ok baby" and put my S&W 442 in the pocket (by itself) of my white and blue checked shorts and a handful of loose gold-dots in my opposite pocket. As we were putting our shoes on she grabbed my shorts....looking for my "gun"....and finding my weapon. When she asked if it was my gun i simply replied "One of them." She just smiled and and grabbed my hand and we walked out the door.

This comes after an argument we had the other day about why I carry at all hours of the day including "walmart at 3 in the afternoon"

I guess every little victory helps.

As for the pocket, it was very comfortable with minimal shifting. I wouldn't do a handstand, but other than that it was a great experience for summer time when i mostly wear shorts and a t shirt.
    A snubbie in the pocket works well...
    Keep working on the GF...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post

Many shootings, murders, ect... happen during business hours.

Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, about $20, works great.

Glad to hear your girl friend is coming around. I also agree with others in that a pocket holster makes a world of difference. I prefer the Nemeses

Commerce Storefront B2C

and have one for each of my pocket guns

I agree, you MUST get a pocket holster man...There is no reason not to for the price..

I can't tell you how bad the conversation with my wife went once I decided to get my permit. Now that I have it, she never wants me to leave home without it (which I don't). She'll come full circle before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by KSCarry View Post
    I can't tell you how bad the conversation with my wife went once I decided to get my permit. Now that I have it, she never wants me to leave home without it (which I don't). She'll come full circle before too long.
    It is a strange/sad story for me really..I was never big into guns and my girlfriend was more of the outdoors-y type, and her dad was actually a rep for a ton of companies, H&K, Thompson Center, Cold Steel knives, Minn Kota etc..And he died 3 years ago today, and not until after his death did I get into guns much..I really wish I had been, as I am sure he was a wealth of knowledge..I remember once I went over and he had two of these laying around for "demo"

Bottom line is, people change a lot..I never thought I would be big into guns and now I am..Just tell her in a non rude way how important they are and show you are respectful of them and safe and she will come around..I feel people are worried/dont like them due to them just not being comfortable with them

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Glad to hear she's coming around. Now you have to get her to take a class and get HER CCWP...and take her gun shopping :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links