MO CCW traveling to TX

MO CCW traveling to TX

This is a discussion on MO CCW traveling to TX within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I've searched and have read the Texas CCW laws. As I read them, since I'm a MO CCW permitee, AR and TX honor my ...

Thread: MO CCW traveling to TX

MO CCW traveling to TX

Ok, I've searched and have read the Texas CCW laws. As I read them, since I'm a MO CCW permitee, AR and TX honor my license. Laws appear to be almost identical to MO regarding places you can/can't carry and vehicle carry.

Am I missing anything?

Main things to remember, 51% sign on the door of a bar (they receive 51% or greater money from the purchase of alcohol), 30.06 sign posted on any location illegal to carry.

And, if not posted but asked to leave, then you must leave. Place your weapon back in the car and then you can re-enter.

I live in the 'burbs north of Dallas and have not encountered any place that I frequent that has any postings.
    Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

Sheffd has hit the high points. Others are no carry in schools, no carry at sporting events, no carry in courthouses. But mainly look for 30.06 signs and red 51 signs. And out in my part of Texas I have yet to find either.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

One other point -- if you see a place with a gun-buster logo or a "no UN- licensed firearms allowed" those do not apply to you -- you are licensed. (Although if the owner of a business asks you must comply).

Oh -- and -- welcome to Texas! Hope you have a nice visit.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Not sure about your state and AR., but in Texas you have a duty to inform a police officer you are carrying if stopped.

Interesting, in Texas anyone can carry in a car (concealed). If they do not have a conceal carry permit, they do not have to inform police of the weapon. Whereas, if you are a CHL you do have a duty to inform. Pretty screwy, huh! Legislature is trying to address this issue now, but in the meantime we are stuck with what we got.

Thanks for all the help guys, just wanted to be sure I know the rules. I e-mailed my CCW instructor (LEO) and he said the same things.

VIP Member
    I assume your route to Texas will not take you through either Kansas or OK. If so, double check their rules.

I've traveled north from central and east Texas and through Arkansas into MO. I too checked the rules and they are about the same as Texas except MO is nice and recognizes all permits, which Texas doesn't.

Have a good trip.

your permit is good in KS, just don't go in anwhere with the official gunblaster sign and you'll be fine.
    "That's just like your opinion, man." -the dude

Links