Florida residents, we've been robbed

This is a discussion on Florida residents, we've been robbed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; e-mail sent! Not a FL resident, I am on the west coast but I am more then willing to join. If every time we (as ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida residents, we've been robbed

e-mail sent!

Not a FL resident, I am on the west coast but I am more then willing to join.
    If every time we (as gun owners) would do something actually, other then posting and discussing issues on this and other sites, the world would be different.
    We need to stand up and let them hear our voice!
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

2. Remove Ads

I sent an email yesterday and got a confirmation receipt, but no reply from the Gov's staff yet. I'm sure it'll just be some form letter BS anyway. If his office is still open when I get home I'll be sure to fill some staffers ear with my thoughts as well.

I'm a Non-Resident Florida CCW holder, and my email is sent. I posted the alert on other forums as well.

email letter and fax sent i have been waiting for 5 months for mine i know my backround was good i held a ts clearence in the army

E-mail letter sent!
    "When Democracy Becomes Tyranny I STILL get to vote."

Done...... I have also emailed this link to a few like minded friends and family members. We need as much support as possible behind this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NosaMSirhC View Post
    Not trolling but what is the source of these trust funds? Was it tax dollars or was it receipts from permit applications? I read the ILA alert 3 times and don't see where it identifies the source of the trust fund.

Some may think it doesn't matter but if those monies are originally sourced from tax dollars then I think this could be a case of "the government and the government taketh away".

I understand that the permit application/renew process is currently taking longer than Florida statute says it is supposed to but that is an entirely different matter.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    From the NRA alert:

Money in the concealed weapons trust fund came from gun owners. No money to administer and run the concealed weapons and firearms licensing program has ever come from general revenue, or any other state fund or revenue source. The taking of these gun owner user fees is an unauthorized tax on the exercise of the Second Amendment.

VIP Member
    First let me say, I'm not from Florida or involved in Florida politics in any way.

I see all the derogatory comments about the Governor on this thread, like he's the one behind it. Unless I'm missing something, the e-mail are to urge him to exercise his line item veto power. The guys that need to be blasted are the ones who voted for the bill, not the Governor.

As to him being a FSU alum....it could be worse. He could have gone to Thug U., also known as U.of Miami.

I replied

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Email sent....thanks for the heads up!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Well..........

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    First let me say, I'm not from Florida or involved in Florida politics in any way.

I see all the derogatory comments about the Governor on this thread, like he's the one behind it. Unless I'm missing something, the e-mail are to urge him to exercise his line item veto power. The guys that need to be blasted are the ones who voted for the bill, not the Governor.

As to him being a FSU alum....it could be worse. He could have gone to Thug U., also known as U.of Miami.
    the thing is,although I personally did not make derogatory comment in my post,many conservative Florida voters are quite disappointed with the governor.I have a personal story,relating to Governor Crist' policies,but will not bore with the details. Usually,if persons are seemingly 'hard' on an elected official,there might perhaps be some cause! ............Cheers,Carry ok.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    Should have put the link in my original post

NRA-ILA :: ***ALERT for All Florida CCW License Holders***
    Thanks Tag... email sent.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Partial Update

Partial update...

NRA blasts Florida lawmakers for $6 million raid on concealed weapons permits fund -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Gun owners up in arms over Florida lawmakers' raid on trust fund
    NRA blasts Charlie Crist for $6 million taken from concealed weapons permits fund

By Aaron Deslatte | Tallahassee Bureau
    May 22, 2009

TALLAHASSEE - In the latest show of the influence Florida's gun lobby holds over state politics, Gov. Charlie Crist's office has been bombarded by tens of thousands of complaints from angry gun owners.

The spark: Lawmakers this month took $6 million from a trust fund meant to help process concealed-weapons permits.

The funding "sweep" was part of a broader $600million raid on trust funds set up to finance dedicated government services or programs. Lawmakers chose to use the money instead to help pay operating expenses for schools, health care and other government programs.

The $6 million came out of roughly $8 million in a concealed-weapons- and firearms-licensing fund, which is financed through application fees and used to pay for equipment and other expenses in the state office that handles gun permits.

The NRA's powerful lobbyist, Marion Hammer, said she was blindsided by the move and launched a lobbying campaign calling it a "last-minute sneak attack" on gun owners.

Since then, gun enthusiasts from across Florida and other states have e-mailed, called and written letters to urge Crist to veto the sweep. Crist's office has totaled more than 25,000 so far.

Tim Larin, an NRA member from San Ramon, Calif., wrote that the sweep was "a de facto tax on the exercise of the Second Amendment."

"Who is running your state anyway?" wrote Jim Hathcoat, of Olathe, Kan.

Hammer said depleting the fund could cause serious backlogs if equipment in the permitting office within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services were to break down. The state already tapped the fund earlier this year to try to reduce a backlog of permit requests that have flooded the state recently, Hammer said.

"If the computer system crashed, then we'd have to go on state welfare, and gun owners don't take kindly to programs that aren't self-sufficient," said Hammer.

Crist said Thursday that he had heard the call and was considering vetoing the transfer when he signs the $66 billion budget next week.

After meeting with Hammer, the governor was asked what they spoke about.

"What did I tell her? That I love her," Crist said.

"We had a very good discussion. She's quite an advocate. I'm a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I look forward to giving that potential veto a thorough review and making a determination."
    We'll see. The good news (for us) is that the word got out and the message seems to have been heard.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Once again, strong and numerous letters, calls and emails have gotten our position acknowledged.

We need to remember how effective this email campain has been and do it each time an anti or pro gun legislative action arises.

If each of us tells just 2 of our friends and they do the same, we can easily flood the office and convince the poliicians to do the right thing.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Capt. Art

I sent an e-mail just before I started this thread. I've still not received any kind of response other than a canned auto reply.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links