I can not get a consistent answer!

This is a discussion on I can not get a consistent answer! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by calmp9 If it's private property and you have the permission of those in charge, you wouldn't even need a concealed carry permit. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can not get a consistent answer!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    If it's private property and you have the permission of those in charge, you wouldn't even need a concealed carry permit. That's my take on the whole thing, but you might research this some more.
    This would be my initial thought. If the property owner says it's ok, then you are ok.

I consume alcohol in my home in PA, I'm sure many others do in NC and other states, does that mean I can't have guns in the house simply because there is prohibition an carrying in places that serve alcohol?

It's the same principal. I'm pretty sure in the fine print of the law there is something that exempts property owners etc...

I'd dig a little deeper as I'm not too familiar with NC law. All I know is in PA we don't have to deal with that.

2. Remove Ads

Call the AG and get a decision in writing on letterhead.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Beware a quick answer from a LEO: they have a ridiculously difficult job to do, and they're busy all day with trying to keep their eyes open for bad guys, chasing them down, getting shot at, cuffing, transporting, and paperwork... hats off to the LEO! But what they don't have is the time to get to every nuance of concealed carry law: I had a detective in our county tell me that I couldn't carry in any store that sold beer! (The law speaks of restaurants which serve alcohol for consumption there, not convenience stores.) No slam on him: I'm glad he's there! But he was weak in his knowledge of the law as stated, much less on the "does board membership an owner make?"

Contact the State AG or get your group to buy a bit of lawyer time. While we may have some idea, we (and indeed some LEO) are not the authorities on the application of the law! Then, of course, carry a laminated copy of the AG's opinion with your permit, just in case you get hassled.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    This would be my initial thought. If the property owner says it's ok, then you are ok.

I consume alcohol in my home in PA, I'm sure many others do in NC and other states, does that mean I can't have guns in the house simply because there is prohibition an carrying in places that serve alcohol?

It's the same principal. I'm pretty sure in the fine print of the law there is something that exempts property owners etc...

I'd dig a little deeper as I'm not too familiar with NC law. All I know is in PA we don't have to deal with that.
    The catch in NC law is "Sold and Consumed". Unless you have a liquor license at your house, alcoholic beverages are not sold there, just consumed. Its perfectly legal to drink and or have alcoholic beverages in your home along with firearms.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links