Need some opinions on this one?

This is a discussion on Need some opinions on this one? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so here's my situation. I just got a job as an Account Manager for a large company and they provide a nice "car package," ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some opinions on this one?

Ok so here's my situation. I just got a job as an Account Manager for a large company and they provide a nice "car package," where you use your own car, but the company reimburses me every month. I have always carried in my vehicle and being that I drive all over the city especailly in some rough areas, I would feel absolutely naked without my firearm. My question is, would you continue to carry in your vehicle even though technically, your on the job? I guess it all comes down to whether or not I'm willing to sacrafice my own safety for the company. Any thoughts are appreciated
    "When the people fear their Government there is Tyranny; When the Government fears its people there is Liberty"

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Absolutely! Even though you're working, and you're being reimbursed for expenses, bottom line is it's YOUR car.

Did they tell you you couldnt?
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

I would and i wouldnt tell anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    Did they tell you you couldnt?
    The policy basically says that you can't have a weapon on work grounds, but says nothing about where I go during the day. I'm not really sure they were thinking about it too much when they wrote it
    "When the people fear their Government there is Tyranny; When the Government fears its people there is Liberty"

I would not break the law, but I would take every opportunity to protect myself.

Senior Moderator
    If it is not specifically prohibited by policy, then it shouldn't be an issue.

It IS your vehicle.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

It is your personally property..

I would carry
    02PSD4ME

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkatect View Post
    The policy basically says that you can't have a weapon on work grounds, but says nothing about where I go during the day. I'm not really sure they were thinking about it too much when they wrote it
    I would say that YOUR CAR is not "work grounds"; what they are doing is a "expenses reimbursement" for the expenses YOU have driving YOUR CAR on their business. If they want to tell you that your car becomes their property because they are paying you back for the expenses you have for their mileage then they need pay you expenses and a rental fee for your car for the X hours it is a company car or buy/rent you a real company car!!

Concealed Carry! No one knows.
    you could also get a lock box in the vehicle and leave it in the car if your not at one of your business stops.

I'm in insurance sales and I log a ton of windshield time. Company policy states that we're not to carry weapons, but most of us do. You never know what you're walking into. My district manager actually helped encourage me to carry all the time while working instead of leaving it my car. Concealed is concealed and if your employer doesn't know you have it, then you can't get in trouble. Don't break any laws - I'm certainly not advoating that - but don't take your safety for granted either.

vehicle carry

I carried for years in my company car. Here in Louisiana, the vehicle is considered an extension of your home. It was kind of a don't ask don't tell. I serviced New Orleans at the time and was not going unarmed!!

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    I would say that YOUR CAR is not "work grounds"; what they are doing is a "expenses reimbursement" for the expenses YOU have driving YOUR CAR on their business. If they want to tell you that your car becomes their property because they are paying you back for the expenses you have for their mileage then they need pay you expenses and a rental fee for your car for the X hours it is a company car or buy/rent you a real company car!!
    My thoughts too. They couldn't claim you were on work property while in your vehicle even if they do reimburse some vehicle expenses. It isn't their property, which should be clearly evidenced by the fact that they don't hold it on their balance sheet as an asset. Their reimbursement of your expenses is merely a compensation cost.

Your vehicle, your property. Would an employee who telecommutes from a home office be reqiuired to remove guns from his home? Heck no.

Stay armed...always carry, never tell...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'd carry when not on company property (per their rules). The vehicle is your vehicle, they are simply reimbursing you for using your vehicle. Above all else DO NOT tell anyone you are carrying in your vehicle. If the company finds out they may attempt to change policy on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links