Another CCW in Missouri!!

This is a discussion on Another CCW in Missouri!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my CCW on Tuesday and was pretty exited about. Tally one more sheepdog in Mid-America. I've been carrying my glock 26--- with one ...

Thread: Another CCW in Missouri!!

Another CCW in Missouri!!

I got my CCW on Tuesday and was pretty exited about. Tally one more sheepdog in Mid-America. I've been carrying my glock 26--- with one in the chamber of course--whenever I've gone anyplace since tuesday. Its really comfortable to carry and I don't even really notice it. I carry IWB behind the strong side hip. The only complaint/question I have is when I'm driving in my car it digs into my back. It would make sense to put it in the center console or something while I'm driving. But I would draw attention to myself standing outside my car putting in back on when I get to where I'm going. Please let me know what you guys have done for something like this. Thanks.
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace. ---James Madison, The Federalist Papers

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Congrats.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Depends on the location of the belt loops you may be able to slid the whole rig slightly forward as you enter the vehicle right before you sit down. I too carry Glock 26 IWB locked and loaded and carry more at the 3 o'clock position and have not problems. Welcome to the club.

You my friend may either need to readjust a little or get a new holster,. My first holster for my 26 did the same thing,. It was downright uncomfortable,. But I looked around and ended up getting another one out of Cali (didn't take 6 months) and now it is totally comfortable no matter what,.

Congrats... Just picked mine up today!

Congrats on all of you who recently received your CCW permits!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Congratulations. Good advice above in regards to looking at other holsters. I have had some that ended up in the holster box while others worked just fine. You may also consider cross draw or shoulder holster.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Congrat on the new permit...now work on the WW Trek Certificate.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    I got my CCW on Tuesday and was pretty exited about. Tally one more sheepdog in Mid-America. I've been carrying my glock 26--- with one in the chamber of course--whenever I've gone anyplace since tuesday. Its really comfortable to carry and I don't even really notice it. I carry IWB behind the strong side hip. The only complaint/question I have is when I'm driving in my car it digs into my back. It would make sense to put it in the center console or something while I'm driving. But I would draw attention to myself standing outside my car putting in back on when I get to where I'm going. Please let me know what you guys have done for something like this. Thanks.
    Congrats, now save up for a case of ammo and a class from a reputable trainer.

As far as the car thing...play with shifting it forward or back and see if you can find a more comfortable position for it. "Appendix carry" (A-IWB) is also a great option. I can carry a 17 or 19 in this manner with no discomfort, even when seated.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    First off congratulations on the new permit. As far as the holster digging in you will just have to keep trying different positions until you find your sweet spot. I carry at 3:30 and don't have a problem.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Congrats. I had the same problem at first, but started carrying at about 3:30 which makes the driving more comfortable. For me, if I get it just past my hip it doesn't dig when I sit down and is very comfortable. Ever one is different though. Depends on the holster and the body type.

Grats on the new permit! I have a Glock 26 and I have carried it anywhere between 3:00 and 5:00. Typically 4:00 is where it rides now. The key for me wass just getting used to it and adjusting to where it's comfortable when seated/driving and then learning to carry there.

Congrats, just got mine couple of days ago.

I got mine today too, also in Missouri. Carried it all day, didn't even notice it was there. I carry a P-32 @ 4 o'clock IWB, can't even feel it when I drive, seriously.

Every now and then, this fruity looking smirk would come across my face. I probably looked like a creep. Heh heh.

VIP Member
    I have also lived in St. Louis for over 50 years and had my permit since the law allowed to. I think you are over concerned. I think the public are aware of CCW'ers more than you think. I have a safe in my trunk of my car and have transfered my weapon from my waist to my safe in front of LEO's many times without anyone saying anything. In parking lots I have lifted my shirt to reveal my holster to put my weapon in with the public going about their business. And thats just what they do, go about their business. And even if someone has something to say about it, SO what! You are doing nothing wrong! I think this just might be new CCWer jitters. This will go away.

Links