I try not to argue, but it's so hard to hold back!!! - Page 5

I try not to argue, but it's so hard to hold back!!!

This is a discussion on I try not to argue, but it's so hard to hold back!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do what you think is right, but know that you will need $$$$$ to hire a lawyer almost every time you get involved in a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I try not to argue, but it's so hard to hold back!!!

Do what you think is right, but know that you will need $$$$$ to hire a lawyer almost every time you get involved in a violent confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Ok, let the professionals handle law enforcement. But we'll handle self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealie View Post
    Should put this on a t-shirt.

I'd buy one!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroode View Post
    Do what you think is right, but know that you will need $$$$$ to hire a lawyer almost every time you get involved in a violent confrontation.
    I understand that, Chroode... fortunately for the fictional teenage girl in this example, my decision to help won't be based on my bank balance this week... if someone actually has the thought process that tells them not to help because it might cost them money or inconvenient court appearances, I think that person is a despicable excuse for a human being.
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Tecumseh sez...

Well, as a matter of fact, there is a small fire extinguisher in my truck... and if your jalopy is burning on the side of the road, I would indeed put out your car... no need to thank me, that's what decent people do. I also know how to do CPR, and if you are dying on the sidewalk, I would do what I could to save your life...

Two threads running just this week... one was a fist fight in traffic... am I gonna shoot those guys? No... but if one guy is unconscious and the other is beating him with a lead pipe, Florida law says I can draw and shoot to prevent bodily harm or death to another...

Another post... fat security guards chasing a guy, maybe a shoplifter... I'm not gonna shoot that guy either...

I have never drawn my weapon. But if your 14 year old daughter is the main course at a zombie biker gangrape, I WILL stop it, and take my chances in court. I couldn't live with myself if I did not.

All I ask from my defense attorney are some 20x24 before-and-after pictures of your baby girl, and a graphic and grisly description of what happened.

The defense rests...
    I am glad that you take responsibility. However I have to ask why you are assuming that I drive a jalopy or that I would allow my daughter to be assaulted.

I am just curious as to why so many people here are so ready to pull out their guns and play hero but not willing to play hero with their checkbook and their time. Are people who volunteer at childrens homes for kids sheepdogs? They may save a life? What about those who work the soup kitchen and donate food to the poor? If they save a life are they a sheepdog? What if they are an anti-gun person who donates all their time and money because of their belief? Surely they can be a sheepdog if they save lives without a gun?

Methinks the sheepdog moniker is just way to make ourselves feel better. I feel that MadMac is correct in that some see themselves as LEO-lite.

Perhaps "jalopy" was a poor choice of words... just looking for a word that paints a mental picture, and typically, a burning car isn't new off the lot... sorry if I dissed your ride...

And who "allows" their daughter to be assaulted...? Are you suggesting that rapes and assaults are the result of poor parenting or not doing your duty as a husband...?

The air's getting thin up here...

And I'm having trouble following your references to charity in a discussion of protecting a stranger... my hunnee and I give both money and food to a local Christian food bank... yes, we are helping people without drawing weapons. I don't need the "sheepdog moniker" to feel better about myself... what do I have to feel bad about?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I refer to the father protecting his child. I doubt there is a parent willing to allow their child to be assaulted or gangraped without putting up a fight.

And my point is that there are so many who talk about protecting the lives of innocent people and saving lives with firearms. They then disparage those who do not get involved because they don't know what is going on. My question is for those who claim they are there to protect others, do you only protect others with a firearm or do you also do some of the other things I listed above? It just seems like so many are only looking to boost their self esteem and thump their chests about how they are sheepdogs and heroes while others are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    My question is for those who claim they are there to protect others, do you only protect others with a firearm or do you also do some of the other things I listed above? It just seems like so many are only looking to boost their self esteem and thump their chests about how they are sheepdogs and heroes while others are not.
    I can follow that, Tecumseh... protecting others is not my job, and I don't consider myself a "hero", and I think my self-esteem and enormous ego is intact without boasting about my "sheepdog" status... not much of a chest-thumper, myself.

However, one can find themselves in the position of being drafted... and in the situation described above, I'm someone who will step up and protect your little girl when I am the only one who can...

Nothing would please me more than to die at the age of 106 without ever drawing my weapon...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Ok, let the professionals handle law enforcement. But we'll handle self-defense.

Yup. Law Enforcement = enforce the laws = not my job

Self defense = preventing injury or wrongdoing toward me = me

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links