Confused!!! - Page 2

Confused!!!

This is a discussion on Confused!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife? No. Hubby? Um...I plead the fifth :)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused!!!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Wife? No.

Hubby? Um...I plead the fifth :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

balance and moderation is key.......give her some of your attention and help with the baby.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    Just remember guys that you have to balance your life. It's important to protect the family but you want to have a family to protect. It's kinda bad when your husband is so into the internet that you can't carry on a conversation with him. Talk to her, tell her how much this means to you to be able to protect her and the kids, BUT, then make a deal that she gets your undivided attention for so many hours a night. This is from the woman's point of view so take it for whatever my .02 cents is worth. :)
    I second this, no matter what you have going you need balance. The wife and kids need time also, you do not want to become the security guy. We can always be on duty and what better way to protect than to have those we love near us and involved in what they are doing. We all need to be the fathers and husbands we are designed to be. I know protection comes in the form of a mother, not trying to be sexist.

Stay Safe.

Mine has threatened to "misplace" or sell the gun if she found one in the house. She is an Obama supporter and wants all guns banned like they did in the UK *sigh* I really get nervous at that thought.

I have concealed and hidden my 36 in my study along with my other masonic insignia so she wouldn't look there. I may get a safe, but then I would have to tell her I am rich (which I am far from).

It is a struggle, what can I say?
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Mine has threatened to "misplace" or sell the gun if she found one in the house. She is an Obama supporter and wants all guns banned like they did in the UK *sigh* I really get nervous at that thought.

I have concealed and hidden my 36 in my study along with my other masonic insignia so she wouldn't look there. I may get a safe, but then I would have to tell her I am rich (which I am far from).

Wow, you are gonna have to practice bi-partism so you can mesh for the greater good :). Give her time, even the country won't have the same president but 8 years lol.

When women start to complain about you being obsessive about something, you need to realize that it usually has nothing to do with the specific thing. It could be anything, guns, computer, dogs, bowling, friends. It is not about the thing, but the fact that they want you to spend more time with them. They want to feel special, like they are the most important thing to you.

So do that - make her feel special. How you do it is up to you. But trust me - it is all about the attention to pay to her.

Good Luck!

For some reason, I get obsessed with things that aren't human...first it was my Jack Russel, who I take care of more than anyone does for their kids. Then it is my Dodge Charger that I keep in showroom condition...now it is my Glock 36 that I can't wait to come home, sneak into my study and look at. Of course I log on to the Defensivecarry.com website and speak to my like minded friends whenever I get a chance!
    Vince K

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    Has any of yalls wives ever gotten mad or aggravated with you for getting on the forum all the time?
    because mine just did, she said that she is tired of me talking about guns all the time and personal protection.
    she just told me that she wished that them people never tried to break in because since they did, guns and protection and being on this forum is all i ever do or talk about.
    i told her that ever since someone tried to break in that made me realize that i need to be more wary and mind my surroundings more and made me want to protect her and the baby.
    she talks like its a bad thing that i want to protect me and my family.
    It might be that you being on the forum and talking about guns brings up the memories of the break-in for her and she wants you to quit so that she won't be reminded. If that is the case, you might just try to be aware of her feelings and try to do those things where/when she does not have to see/hear them.

Cool Wow.

Not to question you or impune you, but how did you marry a women who is so opposite of you in your views? I would think that you are living in the midst of a great power struggle in your relationship. I was once in a relationship where she held the same views as your wife, so I know where of what I speak, so to say.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Well, I have a different approach to this subject.I agree that you should spend a amount of time with your family and show respect for her opinion but what about if something should happen to her or the family one day ,"God Forbid". It,s funny how a incident in the future could change one,s mind about firearms,or anything for that matter! Good luck!
    Nothing remains the same!

Take Care of The Girl and you will be able to do what you want, just take care of her first.

VIP Member
    Not a problem with my wife, she has her Home Improvement programs and on line games, and I have DC.com.

What has confused me so much is the fact that a month ago she went to the firing lane with me, went and held guns and picked one out for herself that she wants and now she doesnt want to hear about them or anyting like that. thank yall for yalls advice, ill try not talking about it all the time and see how shell react to the talk of guns and personal protection. Thanks
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

WOW!!!!!!...... I would have a SERIOUS problem with that,... Then again, maybe that is why I'm not married,.. Hopefully she will come around soon,.. I question peoples intelligence when it come to people liking "Obama" .. But then again he is just a pawn in this chess game called NWO....

Stormtruck2, when I first met her, she knew I came from a military family and loved firearms, even though I never owned one at the time. She was ok with that and never thought it was weird. She then started volunteering for the elections (Dems of course) and started meeting people who were anti-gun and wanted to change the world and all that and she completely changed.
    With the crime rate going up I can't agree with anyone who says firearms for personal defense is a bad idea.
    Vince K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links