Confused!!!

This is a discussion on Confused!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never expect that attitude from my wife. About three months ago, I made a knife wielding transient eat concrete until the police arrived. She ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused!!!

I never expect that attitude from my wife. About three months ago, I made a knife wielding transient eat concrete until the police arrived. She knows first hand how much of a wicked world we live in. She is thankful that I carry and have provided an atmosphere that opened her mind to carry even before this happened.

Score one for the good guys. One more criminal enters, or re-enters the system.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    Has any of yalls wives ever gotten mad or aggravated with you for getting on the forum all the time?
    because mine just did, she said that she is tired of me talking about guns all the time and personal protection.
    she just told me that she wished that them people never tried to break in because since they did, guns and protection and being on this forum is all i ever do or talk about.
    i told her that ever since someone tried to break in that made me realize that i need to be more wary and mind my surroundings more and made me want to protect her and the baby.
    she talks like its a bad thing that i want to protect me and my family.
    Is this a trick question?

Stay armed...buy your wife her own computer...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Confused? Over the years, I've learned that sometimes that's a good way to be about some things at certain times. I feel for you in your situation. I have no comment or advise that will help you, but I will leave you with a few words. Just words. Mutual respect, priorities, and understanding. Good luck in everything you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Confused? Over the years, I've learned that sometimes that's a good way to be about some things at certain times. I feel for you in your situation. I have no comment or advise that will help you, but I will leave you with a few words. Just words. Mutual respect, priorities, and understanding. Good luck in everything you do.
    I appreciate it Ram Rod those are very good words i guess i have had my priorities messed up.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

I have came to accept the fact that my wife and i will always have some disputes. We just agree to disagree.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    What has confused me so much is the fact that a month ago she went to the firing lane with me, went and held guns and picked one out for herself that she wants and now she doesnt want to hear about them or anyting like that. thank yall for yalls advice, ill try not talking about it all the time and see how shell react to the talk of guns and personal protection. Thanks
    Well friend,

I will be the first to tell you that I am not Dr. Phil.

It is a fact though that women think differently then men.
    One day she might be okay with things then talks to a girlfriend and everything changes.

What you need to work on is how to bring your wife to a comfort level that you can each accept.

You might need to unload your gun(s) and un-chamber it. Put it away in a secure locked compartment in the house or car.

My wife says she would also like to learn how to do plumbing, electrical, carpentry and drywall work and race cars, all of which I do.

All good intentions on her part, but just not going to happen.

For the past two weeks I have been trying to teach her how to paint. She wanted to finish the job we started but I said, I think you need some more training.

She knows I cannot tolerate sloppy workmanship and agrees that I need to at least be there if she is going to try to do a professional job.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    When you're talking about you wife, confusion is a perpetual state of mind for the husband!

Take it from a guy who has been blessed to be married to the same woman for 37 years... cut back on the gun talk and the forum and give your bride some more of your time! Make her feel she is your first priority and every thing else will smooth out... I promise!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My wife says the same thing. I spent too much time on the forums. Of coarse that's when she's on her computer just typeing away. Try this. Tell her that YOU are the man and that you'll let her know when her opinion is needed.... Then once you finish picking your teeth up off the floor, tell her see that why I'm trying to learn about self defence. She doesn't have access to your firearms does she?
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

My wife was very anti gun a couple years ago. I talked to her, reasoned with her, and she came around. If I was on the computer I would leave the armed citizen stories on the screen and set the computer down. When she picked it up she saw the articles and read them. It was an eye opener for her. Now she is in the process of getting her concealed handgun permit. Some people wear blinders and only see things when they are put right in front of them. You just have to put the right things infront of them. Help her to understand that your need to protect is hardwired in and is the result of your love for her.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

JD
    Administrator
    No comment other than to say that sometimes when the wife can't get a hold of me, she has been known to PM me here.

Quote Originally Posted by centermass View Post
    Try this. Tell her that YOU are the man and that you'll let her know when her opinion is needed.... Then once you finish picking your teeth up off the floor, tell her see that why I'm trying to learn about self defence. She doesn't have access to your firearms does she?
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

VIP Member
    Sounds like a normal marriage to me...
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Stormtruck2, when I first met her, she knew I came from a military family and loved firearms, even though I never owned one at the time. She was ok with that and never thought it was weird. She then started volunteering for the elections (Dems of course) and started meeting people who were anti-gun and wanted to change the world and all that and she completely changed.
    With the crime rate going up I can't agree with anyone who says firearms for personal defense is a bad idea.
    Vince, though never anti-gun, I have not always been a gun person either. I read a quote once that changed my viewpoint. It said "you might not believe in God, and you may not believe in guns. But when somebody is kicking your door down at three o'clock in the morning you're going to call somebody with a gun and pray they get here on time". It was then that I saw the hypocritical view of not being willing and able to defend myself and family (as necessary) but call somebody else to do if for me. It's not likely you could use this arguement on the liberal mind. Rational thinking is not part of the program. But for me at least, I was not willing to accept even the idea of being a hipocrite.

People just don't want to take "personal" responsibility in anything that makes them uncomfortable. That is why we have a Nation of whiners and victims. If everything is "corporate" then we don't have to face the dragon alone. Or so we think..
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

my wife and I went to ccw class together, applied for CPL together, bought our xd9sc's together, and go to the range together to shoot.

I love my wife. Married for 21 years. She just kids me about talking to my "gun buddies."
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links