Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry

This is a discussion on Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry. The owner of the Butcher Shoppe who is a permit holder is against ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry

Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry

Channel 3 in Memphis, WREG has run a hit piece on carry. The owner of the Butcher Shoppe who is a permit holder is against carry. I guess I need to let him know I will not be a problem to him, since I will not be there....

Here's a link on the piece....

Gun-Owning Bar Managers React To Guns In Bars Bill - WREG

Here is the links for contacts to them.....

WREG

I tried to leave Butcher Shop a feedback, but they must have turned it off as after I fill everything out and click on the leave feedback, nothing happens.....

Here is what I wrote him. I'll try again later....

Just thought I'd let you know, I will no longer be a problem to you, since I carry and find I will not be welcome there. I know you feel your business can prosper without us "Cowboys". I'll be sure and tell all my friends we not welcome there since you worry about us shooting you, even though we have had background checks, and have gone to the class, and paid a fee to be able to carry..

Have a nice day.

Let them know how you feel.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

Let me guess, the DJ was shot in the one establishment that already allowed guns??? Or is it possible (shudder the thought) that outlaws have no problem totally disregarding the law.........just a thought....
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

These are FREE. Go to Walmart and buy cheap business card stock. Print out both sides in color. On the backside cross out MO and put your state. Hand them out to the businesses that restrict your right to carry.

Free "No Guns, No Money" Cards

Ray, the manager at "The Butcher Shop" is a fool if he thinks there already aren't criminals carrying into his establishment now. Just like the fellow at TJ Mulligans said.

I will be calling and leaving feedback on the Butcher Shop's site telling them that my family and I will no longer be spending our money there. And we may just have to go to TJ Mulligans, at least me and the wife, sometime in the future. That guy gets it and he really understands. We should support him.

This news piece was only marginally better done than FOX 13's. It was still a hit piece from the very first audio clip.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Florida has always allowed us to carry in restaurants that serve adult drinks; we just cannot go to bars.

I’m glad to see TN come around. Only what with that cannot drink part. I always have “a “beer or a glass of wine with dinner.

Back in the early 80’s in Alabama, I can recall going with a good friend, who was the current Sherriff of that county to an oyster bar on numerous occasions.

Both of us where armed and just because we had a beer we did not grow big and turn green and become outranged and start killing people.

BTW… back then Alabama was not a “shall issue” but it was a “may issue”. Lots of inconveniences to get a CCL permit, but once you got it you could go anywhere, without restriction.

VIP Member
    According to the article Ray at the Butcher Shop is a gun owner. Someone needs to ask him if he intends to leave his gun in the car or at home. If he says he intends to carry ask him what makes him so much more responsible than the thousands of other licensed carriers in TN.

Oh no.....He is the only one qualifed in this room.....

Oh wait that was another dip.........

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Did you hear it? Ray at the Butcher Shop said the "F" word. "Feel." He said he didn't want to feel like he had to watch his back. This whole thing is all about how it makes you feel. Sorry for the rant, I just hate it when people think that laws should be made or not made based feelings.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Ray at the Butcher Shop still not letting any feedback through.......

Guess not only does he not want my business, but he also does not want to hear from me........

I am always of the opinion that I will frequent establishments that support my 2nd amendment rights. The others can wither and die on the vine. I spent my first 31 years in Tennessee and go back every chance I get. The butcher shoppe will never see one penny of my money.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

VIP Member
    If he wont take feedback, do it the old fashioned way. He's got a mailbox..Save reciepts from money spent elsewhere.
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Out to our favorite restaurant, lovely meal (we share one they have huge helpings) I have one glass of wine with the meal, and a big glass of water. Sometimes I do not feel like a glass of wine.

It has crossed my mind that if an old Gent with a white beard walks out of a place he had to spend cash/credit card payment, maybe he has some left?

We live in a great area, criminals can drive though!

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Florida has always allowed us to carry in restaurants that serve adult drinks; we just cannot go to bars.

I’m glad to see TN come around. Only what with that cannot drink part. I always have “a “beer or a glass of wine with dinner.

Back in the early 80’s in Alabama, I can recall going with a good friend, who was the current Sherriff of that county to an oyster bar on numerous occasions.

Both of us where armed and just because we had a beer we did not grow big and turn green and become outranged and start killing people.

BTW… back then Alabama was not a “shall issue” but it was a “may issue”. Lots of inconveniences to get a CCL permit, but once you got it you could go anywhere, without restriction.

My thoughts, exactly.
    The last time I drank too much was Dec 31, 1982; I told my wife:"You drive". I was not carrying then, but if I did I would have told my wife:" ... and you have the gun"
    I like a glass of beer or wine with my dinner ... I feel ok.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

We can carry in places that serve alcohol (bars included) in CO. The body count is terrible. They have to wash the streets every morning to clean up the blood. NOT!
    We have no problems.

Semper Fi

"It makes you feel like you've got to watch you back and you shouldn't have to feel like that". Hmm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links