"No concealed weapons allowed!!!"

This is a discussion on "No concealed weapons allowed!!!" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a web sit mcrgo.com that list's the stores/business's here in MI that have similar signage. It gives CPL holder's the opportunity not to ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "No concealed weapons allowed!!!"

There is a web sit mcrgo.com that list's the stores/business's here in MI that have similar signage. It gives CPL holder's the opportunity not to patronage those stores. Also, here in MI if a CPL holder choses to ignore such an ignorant sign, all he/she is guilty of is a tresspass charge. And that's only IF he/she does not leave the establishment AFTER he/she is advised that the business does not want any concealed firearms on the property.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Any of you actually read the sign in it's entirety? It's a joke/slam on the "Gun Free Zones".

I understand the spirit of the thread, and agree with it, just want to know if anyone here read the entire sign.
    The image was a stab at the "No Carry" signs however I am actually very serious about the content of the thread.

Regards!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Thank God in Florida we donít have to pay any attention to such silly signs.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Thank God in Florida we donít have to pay any attention to such silly signs.
    Not in Indiana either!

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    It's funny because we used to see a lot of them here in NC but in the past year or so they've began to disappear. The only one that I ran into since I've had my CCW Permit is at Sonny's Barbeque in Concord, NC next to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, isn't that ironic.

Nonetheless, I refuse to eat there until the sign comes down and I've contacted them to let them know that. I'm encouraging everyone else to do the same.
    I thought Sonnys served beer anyway,if so,its off limits.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I want some of them signs to put over the sign's they post,. I wonder how long it would take for the owners to catch on.. I would like to post a big one like that at the local school,.. they have a sign saying "weapon free school" ... Every time I see that sign I think ya,. Criminal's have there pick..

Those signs were big in Minnesota when we first got carry. Most of them have gone away as 1) carry permit holders are not the problem and 2) businesses don't see a need to offend 50,000 customers. The ones that are left get a card. If you carry in there anyway and are asked to leave, it's only a $25 petty misdemeanor IF you refuse to leave.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I took my kids to the aquarium a few weeks ago. I had to turn around and leave my gun in the car.

I must admit; I had a heightened state of awareness the whole time we were there. They didn't have any security at all. I will not be going back!

where did you find those or did you make them and if you did can i use them?
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

I feel that the signs should have force of law in all states. Property rights should mean something, but I guess the rights of property owners are not as important as 2nd Amendment rights.

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Any of you actually read the sign in it's entirety? It's a joke/slam on the "Gun Free Zones".

I understand the spirit of the thread, and agree with it, just want to know if anyone here read the entire sign.
    I did read it, and my first thought was to get some printed up, full size & color, on plastic film with permanent adhesive and slap them on the doors of such places. Not that I'd actually do it, of course, because that would constitute "vandalism" or "destruction of private property" in Virginia. But it'd be fun, especially to hang around and see the faces of people who read it as they go in.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

No gun zone

Carry anyway. If you do it correctly, no problem.
    Last edited by mikecu; May 19th, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    I'm considering putting together a website that users can log in and list/tag these types of businesses within each state so that CCW Permit holders can completely avoid them. Is this something that already exists? If so, where can I find it?

Your thoughts??
    Michigan has a list of victim disarmament zones on the micrgo site.

MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed

When my brother and myself went through the class the instructor instructed us that unless it says "prohibited" they can only ask u to leave. they cannot prosacute you. Just the sign with the circle and slash dosen't mean u cant do it.

Tennessee lists it on the Tennessee Firearms association site.

Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View forum - Posted Properties
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links