"No concealed weapons allowed!!!" - Page 4

"No concealed weapons allowed!!!"

This is a discussion on "No concealed weapons allowed!!!" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GizmoHD Let me know if you want some help in the development... I'm a .NET developer and wouldnt mind helping on a ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "No concealed weapons allowed!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoHD View Post
    Let me know if you want some help in the development... I'm a .NET developer and wouldnt mind helping on a project like this..
    Thanks to GizmoHD, the ball is rolling on this project!!! The domain names are operational and GizmoHD is working on the programming for the site. The new address will be nocarryzones.com

I'm noting the suggestions for the content and hope to receive more from you as the site is laid out.

Thanks everyone!!!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've never seen one in FL (I'm sure there are some...), but it's not something we have to worry about.

I love the GunShine State.
    Aventura Mall in well Aventura has a mall policy sign that at the bottom say no guns even if you are licensed to carry... Well I don't shop there anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    I would love to see this for sc
    It kinda started here with GrassRootsSC. This is the conscept that got our site off and running.

Please become a member and help support all our efforts in changing the laws that pertain to CWP in order to make them more gun friendly!

Our (I am a member) site: GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose.

Visit the site and see what positive changes we have contributed to the state of SC and it's laws. Yes, we do need your membership too. This way we can count on your assistance in dealing with your elected officials and putting pressure where it is necessary to ensure our state gun laws are less restrictive.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    Thanks to GizmoHD, the ball is rolling on this project!!! The domain names are operational and GizmoHD is working on the programming for the site. The new address will be nocarryzones.com

I'm noting the suggestions for the content and hope to receive more from you as the site is laid out.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Might want to look at the legal side of this too.
    How are you to get this information?
    What requirements are you going to mandate to post a place of business "Legally Posted" IAW state laws.

Will you be able to gather each states required posting laws and effectively apply them to the informantion you receive?

How will you support a lawsuit should a big business sue you for slander?

Please don't construe this as anti. I'm all for this and as earlier posted, this is how the SC site got it's birth. We even went so far as to change the signage required in order to made getting a legal sign difficult to obtain.

Just throwing out some helpful questions I hope.
    Certified Glock Armorer

In Arkansas a "no weapons" sign must be visible from a minimum distance of 10 feet, given "normal" eyesight and at every entrance door. To be honest I rarely pay any attention to these signs at all because I am more concerned with parking lot safety while transitioning to and from my vehicle than I am of any "corporate store policy."
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

love it!

love it!
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I will spend my hard earned money else where.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by 3ddiver View Post
    Add Illinois to your list when you get it going.
    Yeah, I have yet to see one of these signs in Illinois.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

I think it's a great idea, NC has gotten alot better although I have spent the last two weeks in the Tampa/ST. Pete area and they are everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    I feel that the signs should have force of law in all states. Property rights should mean something, but I guess the rights of property owners are not as important as 2nd Amendment rights.
    Constitutional law trumps all lessor laws.

Additionally, as a place that elicits public access (A store), the rights (and expectations) of said property are different than in a private home.

If for no other reason (and there are plenty of others), ANYONE may freely enter the store.
    NO ONE without expressed permission may enter a private home.

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    Constitutional law trumps all lessor laws.

Additionally, as a place that elicits public access (A store), the rights (and expectations) of said property are different than in a private home.

If for no other reason (and there are plenty of others), ANYONE may freely enter the store.
    NO ONE without expressed permission may enter a private home.
    You do realize that the constitution trumps the government, not private property, right?

Using your logic I could stand on a businesses place and shout obscenities as I am exercising my first amendment rights.

You are given permission to park so long as you meet the criteria, no guns in the car being the criterion in question.

I've been working diligently on the base idea.. (had a set back today and somehow lost a days work.. *sigh*....)

But when it's all said and done it will integrate a live map that you can search your area (address/zipcode/etc) and it will show you all of the businesses in that area that have been registered as being anti ccw... I'm hoping to get something up and running this weekend to start showing the concept and get ideas from a few users... I think you will like it as it's coming.. :D
    "Deeds Not Words" - Motto of the USS Gettysburg
    NRA Life Member
    http://www.alioofficium.com/ (Personal Responsibility)

i think this is a great idea. Make sure to let us know the address.
    Courage is knowing what not to fear. Plato

YouTube - Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour
    Watch this youtube feed on "Gun Free Zones" its from late night "fox news" and it sums it up.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

wpk
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry - The Premier Gun Rights Organization in Ohio Since 1999 - Home runs a database of "criminal protection zones" for you Buckeyes who are interested.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links