Watch For Those Little Stickers

This is a discussion on Watch For Those Little Stickers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...the ones that look like this. If you're lucky it'll be big enough to notice. If you're not so lucky, they may hide one of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch For Those Little Stickers

Watch For Those Little Stickers

...the ones that look like this.

If you're lucky it'll be big enough to notice.

If you're not so lucky, they may hide one of these WAY out of the sight line near the bottom corner of the door in a size you'd need a magnifier to see. Such was the case yesterday.

I accidentally forgot to disarm while shopping around for suits yesterday and didn't see the little 3" sticker at the very bottom corner of the mall entrance which was basically just the "circle/bar" part of what's above.

When the old lady helping me try on jackets tapped the butt of my Glock and mentioned "you've got a lot of stuff on" I damn near panicked. The look on my wife's face was what I was doing on the inside...

On the way out, we both saw the tiny little sticker on the entrance and had that "way to go, moron" moment. Won't happen again. I'm sure it's happened to a few of ya and I'm now part of that club. Fortunately, no harm, no foul, and BIG lesson learned. After that, firearm stayed in the car, vehicle stayed parked it where I could see it from inside the store.

2. Remove Ads

If I were you I'd refuse to patronize establishments where my gun wasn't welcome, but I'm not you. I'd also give them a No Guns/No Money Card or a letter to the corporate office, but that's just me.

I used to do those things back when I had a CCW Permit. Now I don't have a Permit, and I don't bother.

Biker

Thankfully here the signs don't mean much. They can ask you to leave but that's it. I don't bank with BB&T anymore though because they all have no gun signs around here. So I don't take mine there :) I asked a Bank of America employee who was a regular at my store if it was a problem and she said not as long as you've got your cpl (if you are concealing). So they get my business.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If I were you I'd refuse to patronize establishments where my gun wasn't welcome, but I'm not you. I'd also give them a No Guns/No Money Card or a letter to the corporate office, but that's just me.

I used to do those things back when I had a CCW Permit. Now I don't have a Permit, and I don't bother.

Biker
    Were you saying you don't carry anymore or were you just "saying".

In general, if someone's business is anti-gun I will choose not to shop there as it's a reflection on personal politics which often oppose my own and I'm with you guys -- those folks don't need my money. The problem comes when I'm in a hurry to find something and don't see that postage-stamp smurf-sign at toe level.

There are also cases (when trying on suits at the tailor's shop, for instance) when carrying a weapon just isn't the best idea. I was REALLY getting ready to handle the lady whom I was positive would go completely if she'd have patted the Glock a second time. At first I'm pretty sure she just thought it was my phone. I didn't give her a second chance to find out it wasn't.

There are occasions, however, where I have to abide by a convention hall or school's policies and leave it locked up in the car. Given that my "second" job is my ONLY job right now and I work it with another fellow gun-nut... we just suck it up and deal. In this economy, carrying a bank card with money in it is more important than boycotting all the places I can't work.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    This topic comes up from time to time. I've always had good experiances at Mens Warehouse and I've always heard of other members here having a positive experiance there as well. It's CRITICAL to have your clothing taylored around your gun if you are going to be wearing it under your jacket. A sport coat will print like nothing you've ever seen if it isn't taylored to fit your gun.

If you bought anything there or from somewhere that fitted you without wearing your Glock, I'd cancel the order and go somewhere that has a better understanding.

When I went to Mens Warehouse, the taylor felt my G27 in my tuckable IWB and just asked me (in a thick asian accent) "you plan to wear 'dis ting." I said, "yes". No problem. She had to take in the left side of my jacket and left the right side stock.

The checkout girl thought it was funny when I was only being charged for one side alteration. I didn't elaborate and she didn't ask any further questions.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

tinkerinWstuff -- I didn't wear my G19 into Mens Wearhouse yesterday but it's where I wound up finally buying my "work" suits. Good advise on having a suit cut to allow CCW... I was thinking about that when they were working me up. I'll have to re-visit what to carry and how with a suit -- my current setup is more of a "casual" carry and wouldn't really work well with formal attire.

Does the second sign mean revolvers are oK?

I second Biker. If someone posts a GunBuster sign (unfortunately in Kansas they do mean quite a bit) the don't get my business. I hand them a no guns - no money card and walk out the door. I've probably only handed out about a dozen so far, and I've actually had two stores take down their signs after they talked to me - which is the main goal anyway.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Red82 sez...

Thankfully here the signs don't mean much. They can ask you to leave but that's it. I don't bank with BB&T anymore though because they all have no gun signs around here. So I don't take mine there :) I asked a Bank of America employee who was a regular at my store if it was a problem and she said not as long as you've got your cpl (if you are concealing). So they get my business.
    Interesting... I bank at BBT and they don't have signs in Florida...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Those are not legal signs in TEXAS........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

One other side note about Men's Warehouse is: if you carry IWB they will add a panel right where you holster fits that will help it not to print. Works great.

We cannot carry in a bank in Louisiana.

Bcbrown2, I have checked all the Colorado statutes, and can’t find anything that makes it illegal to carry, just because of the sign. I understand that we would want to comply with the store owners wishes, but is asking you to leave the worst they could do if you did get caught carrying in the store?

Stickers are for notebooks and tool boxes....otherwise, they are just stickers just stuck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links