Yes, students, teachers, visitors should be able to defend themselves
40.27 %
:comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome:

No, this is insane legislation
29.16 %:sheep:

No, it will only lead to more violence
19.44 %:sheep:

#3 ·
Voted....Yes, students, teachers, visitors should be able to defend themselves... Now at 43.42%

#4 ·
Voted

Total Votes = 80
Yes, given the recent violence at schools this legislation makes sense
10 %
46.25 %
26.25 %
17.5 %

#6 ·
Voted.

10.97 %
46.34 %
25.60 %
17.07 %

#12 ·
Coming to a Louisiana Parish near you. I hope, Gov. Jindal said he would sign it if it passed. I like that Guy.

#19 ·
Voted

Total Votes = 511
10.56 %
45.00 %
26.22 %
18.19 %

#21 ·
Got this last night from the NRA. I had thought it was dead also and looks like it was resurrected with a Hail Mary. Don't you know I'm gonna call my Senator (Dan Patrick) this morning! Bless the NRA, their vigilance, and emails to supporting members.

Plus I know that the TSRA is working this one too. For you Texas boys and girls that aren't TSRA members, it is cheap and it helps our voices get heard. Even if you don't/can't give money for the lobbying, just having more members give us more stroke. Sign up today!!!

"Today (Tuesday, May 19), the Texas Senate gave initial approval to SB 1164, NRA-backed legislation allowing Concealed Handgun Licensees to protect themselves on college and university campuses.

Law-abiding and licensed ADULT students, faculty and staff should not be denied the right to self-defense simply because they study, live or work on a college or university campus.

In the Texas Senate, 21 out of 31 Senators need to vote to suspend the regular order of business to bring any bill to the Senate floor for consideration. Then a simple majority of Senators are needed to vote to pass a bill. Your State Senator, Dan Patrick, cast key votes to suspend the regular order of business and to pass SB 1164 on second reading.

Tomorrow (Wednesday, May 20), again, 21 Senators need to suspend the regular order of business and then a majority need to vote to pass SB 1164 on third reading, which will send the bill to the Texas House and keep the issue alive for the session.

The Senate will convene at 11am tomorrow. Please contact your State Senator, Dan Patrick, before 11am at (512) 463- 0107, thank him for voting to suspend the regular order of business and to pass SB 1164 today, and urge him to do the same again on third reading.

Thank You!"

#23 ·
Wednesday Morning Post here. Guns on campus bill passes first Senate vote | AP Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I think important to mention that there are some crititical time lines on Texas' 2 major pieces of Legislation (parking lots and campus carry) this session and the battle is still very much "on".

While voting in the internet polls such as the one by the OP is fine, I'd ask that all Texans here also at least monitor the URGENT CALLS FOR ACTION threads in the "2009 Texas Legislative Session" forum at TexasCHLforum.com.

We are learing that some in the Legislature who we thought were our friends, are not. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.