Traveling to El Paso, TX should I pack my piece?
This is a discussion on Traveling to El Paso, TX should I pack my piece? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to all...lot's of good replys.
I'll be flying in on a Tuesday and out on Friday, staying at the Marriott on Airway Blvd. All ...
May 21st, 2009 12:38 AM
Thanks to all...lot's of good replys.
I'll be flying in on a Tuesday and out on Friday, staying at the Marriott on Airway Blvd. All my customer contacts will be during daylight hours, and I'll be in my hotel room before dark, no bars for me.
I am looking forward to some good Mexican food!!!
May 21st, 2009 12:38 AM
May 21st, 2009 02:00 AM
I put the real question in bold and will leave you with another question:
Originally Posted by orangevol
Do you remember Miami in the 1980's? If you do, you wouldn't even be asking this question as El Paso is the new Miami.
May 21st, 2009 01:19 PM
To err is human.
To forgive is divine.
Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)
May 21st, 2009 08:27 PM
Of course you carry so you can go by El Paso leather and get a new holster. Stop by the Tony Lama factory too to get a nice set of new boots!
Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.
Heavily medicated for your protection.
Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro
May 21st, 2009 08:51 PM
Rules for Taking Along
Having traveled a number of times, here's how I go at it:
- Put the unloaded weapon(s) in a lockable hard-sided case with locks only you have the keys to open. TSA locks are not allowed.
- Check the airline(s) you are flying on:
- Determine if the ammo MUST be in boxes OR can fly in loaded magazines.
- If loaded magazines are permitted, make sure the pouches fully cover the magazines.
- The round from the pipe(s) must be in a box, not loose.
- Secure and protect magazines and ammunition boxes from possible damage.
- Put the lockable hard-sided case with the weapon and the ammo/magazines into a cheap, non-descript bag - with clear labeling outside and inside - for checking in. The labeling should be limited to:
- Your Name
- Your Cell Phone - if you have one, or your home phone if you do not
- Your personal email address - if you have one
- NO ADDRESSES, JOB TITLES, ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD BE INDICATED
- Other stuff - like shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc, could be in this checked bag also.
- Have the rules for the airline in hand when you check this non-descript bag at the airport.
- Make sure you have the keys to the lockable hard-sided case with you and you alone (Per Federal Regulations 49CFR § 1540.111 Carriage of weapons, explosives, and incendiaries by individuals - Electronic Code of Federal Regulations:) at all times. You will have to open the lockable hard-side case
- to demonstrate to the airline that the weapon(s) are not loaded at check in
- if the TSA wants to see.
- 8.Have the serial number(s) and descriptions of your weapons on you, so if they "disappear" you can report the loss/theft immediately to the:
- FAA Regional Office
- ATF Regional Office
Other things to consider:
- Check Handgunlaw.us and/or Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner to determine:
- If you can possess the weapon at all your stops.
- oWhere and how you can carry at all your stops.
- What are the deadly force rules in each state you are visiting.
- Have a copy of the Don Young Transportation Letter on hand - http://www.anjrpc.org/DefendingYourR...s%20letter.pdf. This covers changing modes of travel - car to plane to car - in a single journey.
George H. Foster
May 21st, 2009 10:36 PM
I would. Do a search on this site. A lot of us have flown with our Firearms. Get the TSA and Your airline rules for flying with Firearms. Print two or three copys to take with You. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
May 21st, 2009 10:40 PM
GHFLRLTD This poster.
I followed His rules before and had no issues.
May 21st, 2009 10:55 PM
El Passo is having some big problems right now. I would
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson --
May 22nd, 2009 01:33 AM
Can you be more specific? What kind of problems?
Originally Posted by mi2az
By Psycho in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: February 21st, 2010, 02:50 AM
By bulltaco in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: June 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
By SilenceDoGood in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: April 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
By Karate in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: October 24th, 2007, 08:21 AM
By Ghost-1 in forum Member Meeting Place
Last Post: November 16th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Search tags for this page
ccw el paso tx
concealed carry class el paso tx
concealed carry classes el paso tx
concealed carry el paso
concealed carry el paso texas
concealed carry el paso tx
concealed carry texas classes el paso
el paso concealed carry
el paso concealed carry class
hidden gun permit el paso texas
number concealed carry permit el paso county texas
what to pack when traveling to texas
Click on a term to search for related topics.